Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! September

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! 15 years! That is so very cool.

Well, I think I'm about done with the job search. I'm wiped out. Too much computer time. What happened to walking into a business, asking about a job, filling out a job application, and getting the job on the spot? Oh, computers. I forgot. Silly me. Gawwwww.

If I owe anyone I-traders, You Rocks, or anything else, it'll be forthcoming soon.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vlady, sending your granddaughter good juju. How old is she? <3

Hashtagger, I see your new tags!

Donna, that fish is the bomb! Love it! ...we are a fishy bunch this month aren't we?!

TWH, that's a kewl way to tell stories! 15 years?! You just never know what will catch on and remain

It's my day off...I'll be home when I have better light I'll take more pic's of my weirdy mail from Nan Glam...collage pic it and post to Pinterest. I'll get Donna's pinned up too
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! January
    Instagram Calm After The Holidaze
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinaLD View Post
    Wow! 15 years! That is so very cool.

Well, I think I'm about done with the job search. I'm wiped out. Too much computer time. What happened to walking into a business, asking about a job, filling out a job application, and getting the job on the spot? Oh, computers. I forgot. Silly me. Gawwwww.

If I owe anyone I-traders, You Rocks, or anything else, it'll be forthcoming soon.
    It is tough now a days...but here's a tip...I used Indeed online. It's a job search site. It has a feature that makes a resume for you. You fill in all of your experience and it formats it into a simple resume. You can make it visible to potential employee's. (Sometimes they are the ones searching for you) It makes the filling out of applications easier...some of them just have you click a button and it is the application.

Plus...if you really want to work at a place...print out that resume and take it to the place. Ask to see the manager...if they say he/she is not available...just tell them that you saw their want ad on Indeed and that you are very interested in the position...and that if it's okay, you would like to leave your resume for their consideration. (This was my son's suggestion...and it works!)

...also...it's gonna take sometime for you to get a nibble...now I know why...the potential employer is getting hundreds of applications...it's very difficult to get to them all. That's why going in person really helps to put you front and center.
    Last edited by kwailin777; 09-29-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Addicts! It's been a while since I've shared Pom Pom ideas. Here's a bunch of them for you to gawk at

Okay so this one isn't a tut, but it can easily be made if you have a Pom Pom maker...(which can be made yourself as well!) I made a pom pom charm for my purse...the one below is from Moda Operandi

Here's a cute charm that can also be easily replicated...I love their sweet lil faces. The pics are from Les Pois Plumes

This one has a tut! It's from Tell Love and Party

I think these party hats are totally adorable...I would make 'em for adults too!

Here's different pom pom makers to consider...

This is the one that I use. It's by Clover. The video is from Red Ted Art

don't want to buy one? Make a pom pom maker Video is again by Red Ted Art

Here's a cute "donut" pom pom maker! Video from Pom Maker
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love seeing all the weirdy mail coming in! Fishes do seem to be abundant this time around! You all have outdone yourselves, again!

Thank you, Jenn, for showing off the fish to everyone. And thank you all for the kudos on said fish. He's made out of paper mache... a couple of foam plates for his body, some cracker box chipboard for his fins, a ton of newspaper and some masking tape under that acrylic paint. The flowers on the back of him are drawn on copy paper with markers. He was a fun and easy project to do with my 8 yr old granddaughter, Annie. She loved it as much as I did. Nothing better than getting your fingers all gluey and then slapping around some paint! And he was made with what was at hand as I didn't take anything but tape with me to do paper mache on this trip.

We made paper mache birds too. I'll show you all those when I get the pictures downloaded to the computer later today. I got home yesterday late afternoon. I even finished most of the paper mache birds I talked about weeks and weeks ago!

Some of you will remember the contest I pitched to the group about designing some light pole art for the city of Lucas, Kansas? I submitted two ideas for that contest. One of my ideas was chosen to adorn a pole on Main Street. I stopped in Lucas on my way home yesterday to leave off a few pieces of art for the gift shop. Rosslyn, the director of the Art Center, asked me when I could have my art ready to attach to the pole. I had no idea what she was talking about! I didn't get the letter telling me my idea had been accepted! So getting that done is the first thing on my list. Shouldn't take too long to accomplish that. I'm shooting for the second week in October. If I hadn't been on a tight schedule yesterday, I would have taken some pictures of all the poles that already have their artwork. But I had to be in Hays to collect Toby dog from my youngest son before he went to work so there was do dilly dallying. I will get some pictures of all the poles when I deliver my own art for my pole and then show some of it off to you all here and do a blog post on all of it. I was happily surprised the committee chose one of my designs!

I told Rosslyn about our weirdy mail a few months ago when I spent four hours at the art center on a visit that should have taken half an hour. Yesterday she told me she wants to do an exhibit of weirdy mail art for the month of April 2018. She says this is going to happen! The Art Center will be needing some weirdy mail to exhibit. That's where you all come in! If ANYONE would like to contribute to this exhibit, I am going to write up a thread here on the site asking for submissions to the exhibit. That's on my list of things to get done in a hurry too. I just wanted to let you guys know first because this group was the inspiration for the exhibit! I'll have the thread ready in the next few days and give you all the link to it.

Thanks for always giving such fabulous shares, Mel! So much inspiration....so little time to do it all!

Have a great weekend Everyone!
    Make some art, then make some more.

[http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...or-Weirdy-Mail

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I had to say isn't so important it needed to be posted twice! Sorry about that. I haven't touched a computer in 25 days so I'm certain it was operator error happening there! If you can eliminate one of them, Mel, that would be great!
    Make some art, then make some more.

[http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...or-Weirdy-Mail

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, dmnh I love the excitement and congrats on your pole!

Mel can't delete your posts, only her own. You have to delete your post (by going into Edit and then find the delete option) or you have to get a mod to do it
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    The Magnifient Moley Collective : instagram
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

jfaskdown is offline We are all artists at heart.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow the exhibit thing sounds cool. Also congrats on getting chosen to make art for a pole, Donna!
    Try something new, like chunkies! Check out the MMH Chunky thread. They're easy and FUN!

It's another beautiful day!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just rec a fabulous clipboard from Lindy Lu. It is a hoot and very creatively decorated. I know my little OLD postman was befuddled ; he thinks my mail friends are crazy. Lol
    I love the clipboard and I chuckle every time I see it. I know I will use it often, although I hesitate to cover it up. Maybe I'll just hang it , I hope that Lindy Lu will post pics on the site of my item and the one she sent to me. This swap is always so much fun !! I can't wait to sign up for October.

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    YAY! it has arrived. I just can't wrap my head around being able to send stuff like this through the mail. Here's what I sent: the clip bar is covered in fibers & strips of sari silk, there are plastic gems in a couple of corners , the center of the bar is a scarf clip from the 80's & the lower right corner has a metal backing piece for a cupboard door handle with 2 faux pearl buttons glued to the ends. The ladies, Edna & Elsie, were just something I was doodling on printer paper while watching Netflix. The doodles were not intended to be people but somehow that just happened. So I cut them out & glued them down. The names just popped into my head & it turns out that there was a very special person in Fandanie's life named Edna. How cool is that!
    I have rolos available for trade in the 'Mail Art Available for Trade' section & Atc's in the ATC's Available for Trade section.
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wheeeeee! I received my weirdy mail from Waffle and it's adorable! I, too, wonder what the mail peeps think when they see things like this coming down the line. lol I hope the majority of them enjoy it. If nothing else, it would break up the routine of their day!

I am still working on my piece to send to her. I had to start over and I've not been feeling like arting. One of my best friends died and I've just been so down. I know that making something is good therapy, but sometimes you just have to wallow in your own pity for a while and THEN start therapy.

Been loving all the shares and weirdy mail goodness this month. And the hashtag discussion. You girls are a bright spot in my day, even if I don't say too much.

Speaking of jobs--I've been on the search for one, also. The place I had been working for for 13 years stopped offering our service, putting more than a dozen of us out of work. I was kind of at a crossroads and decided that after working in the same field for more than 26 years, I was ready for a change. I interviewed Thursday at a women's clothing store and received a call today that I've been hired. It's just part-time, but it's a start.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel, sign me up!

Oh wait, a day early and half a brain cell short.

I don't know if my weirdy mail reached my partner yet. I sure hope it did. I sewed the labels to the item so that they wouldn't come off.

Miss Iowa, congratulations on the part-time job. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your job, though. I haven't been able to even score one of those in who knows how long exactly. I think my greatest frustration is with the whole application process. Online only, usually a 3rd party HR place, and then nothing. I prefer to send or deliver resumes or fill out the application right then and there.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, CONGRATULATIONS! You'll definitely have to share photos of your project and of all of the light poles.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the tags, but I always thought it was you Mel. I don't have a clue, whoo the Hashtager is

I received Vlady's envie. So cool, I hope she has a picture. Vlady, I am thinking about your granddaughter and sending her some positive energy!

I am at my new job 2 months, it is so stressfull, last night I woke up 3x times, because I was dreaming, they are calling me, that I did something wrong. I am very happy to have a job, but at the same time I am looking for a new job, in a field where I want to work. I know all the jobs are somehow stressfull, but this one is just too much for me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last month went by SO fast I didn't realize it was a new month!! Before I go on to the next thread...I'll try to respond to all of the new posts...Warning...I'm still having my coffee...it might not have had it's full effect on me yet! LOL!

Donna, congrats dearest! You will have to show us some pics when all is said and done one the art poles projects! Sounds like a lot of fun. Give us a holler when you have the weirdy mail thread up.

Linda, fabulous weirdy mail doll face! I will get 'er pinned up!

Miss Iowa, sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you good juju to feel better soon. <3 ...also congrats on your new job! Hope you find the change of work enjoyable

Gumbek, I hope you find a job that you can love <3 It's out there...you'll find it!!

i'm a little worried about my weirdy mail...feels like I sent it out forever ago...but still nothing
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...gonna miss the hashtags at the bottom...but it's time to discover new one's at the new thread! The link is in my signature...head on over peeps!
    A Mynah Production blog