Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! September

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, we've laughed a lot over that incident. "My hubs says " it could only happen to you, honey".
    LindyLu

We Will Rise Above This !

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LL, our very own involuntary exhibitionist!
    Can't sell your soul for peace of mind. - Tom Petty

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, ya woudln't want a boring group of mail artists, now would ya?
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    The Magnifient Moley Collective : instagram
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, I cracked 166 eggs today...wait...168...I made my self an omelette for breakfast!
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! November
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nanner View Post
    LL, our very own involuntary exhibitionist!

yeah, no kidding.
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kwailin777 View Post
    FYI, I cracked 166 eggs today...wait...168...I made my self an omelette for breakfast!
    Holy moly that's a lot of eggs! How many batch of cookies did ya make? Do you get tempted to eat a lot of sweets working at a bakery? That'd be a tough thing for me - that or working in a pizzeria. I'd look like I was made out of dough in no time flat.

LindyLu, that story is too funny! Did that wardrobe malfunction end up on Facebook?

Gumbek, your envie is on its way to you. I didn't do weirdy mail but I did do something different and well, odd may be a good word to describe my envie.
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, good night, NO!! This was back before Facebook was invented...lucky me.
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you do that one-handed crack-and-open thingy where no shells fall in? I've yet to master that, but I would think you are getting good practice!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mellie, does your bakery have a mail-out program? I'd order some cookies if they weren't real expensive. And, yeah, I want to know about the crack and open one-handed trick, too. I watch the cooking channels & I can't figure out how they do that.
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weirdos, flashers and egg frackers!! Throw in a few gimpy folks and we are a very diverse group. (Sorry if gimpy offends anyone. I don't mean it to. I include myself there.) and don't forget hilarious too. Loving all the laughter!
    My weirdy mail is still in the making phase but should be ready to mail come Monday. One more drying time before paint goes on. It is hotter than the hubs of hades here today so that final drying won't take long. I actually came outside to warm up cause the old man thinks he's a flipping polar bear and it should be arctic temperatures in the house.
    I'm still at my eldest son's house and will be for another ten days or so. I can't go home till at least Monday but I told Annie (grande) I would stay longer. I've only been here 12 days but it feels like 12 weeks. The old man is about to send me over the edge with his negative attitude. The old man is my son's fathe-in- law. It's good spend time with everyone but him.
    Happy Thursday everyone

are a diverse group!!
    “Don’t worry about whether or not what you’re making is great art, just finish the work. Let other people argue about whether or not it’s any good. While they’re busy arguing, make more art.” Andy Warhol

Be good to one another. It matters!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmnh View Post
    Weirdos, flashers and egg frackers!!
    Oh, my! (We beat out lions, tigers and bears any day.)

jazzie is offline I would have Harold Lloyd's babies if I could.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would be a natural at the place I had breakfast at yesterday: Crackheads!
    They only serve egg sandwiches.
    PM me for new address - no longer @ Hillandale or Talbot
    coachart www.coachart.org

ART Diego! 2018 see Live Trading under Forums tab

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope...even though I crack Sooooooooo many eggs...I can't do the one handed thing In fact to prevent shells from making it to the batter/dough, I have to crack the egg in a separate container...check it...then dump it into another container. I used to do this one egg at a time, but now it's two. It goes fast if you get into a rhythm. Crack, crack, check, dump. The only thing that ruins a rhythm is when you get a pesky shell in there. If you need to do that...there's two tips for fishing it out. One is to use another shell to attract the rouge shell towards you. Second tip is to dip your finger in water first. Either way, it's pain in the butt! LOL!

Most of that egg cracking that day was for brownies. We usually do one or two batches a day...but the batches are huge.

Sorry, they are not doing any mail out yet. This location is only a few months new. Almost everything we do is in it's experimental phase. The only kind of delivery we have right now is called Doordash. It's a partnership with Uber. The Uber driver will come to pick up a customer's oder and drive it to their house. I've come to hate Doordash! LOL! The order comes through the comp...and we will agree to a pick up time. However, these driver's are trying to do as many of these deliveries as possible in a short amount of time. So they come early and pace in the store and continually ask if the cookies are ready...even though we have more time to bake the order.
    Last edited by kwailin777; 09-15-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jazz, I would love to work for a place called crackheads...just because I think that name is hilarious!

Donna, good luck with the FIL

Linda, I actually had a similar thing happen to me at the beach, but I didn't lose my top! LOL! I was in knee deep water...calm at the time. Then a set of seemingly small waves came in and pulled me out! I took several tumbles in break water. Slammed to the sand three or four times. I imagine that's what it would be like in a washing machine. It was more embarrassing than painful though.
    Last edited by kwailin777; 09-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Alert! We have a fresh post from...

Suitable For Framing
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Addicts! I'm not sure if ya'll remember...but sometime ago...I had posted some vintage sewing drawer ideas. I know some of you went on the hunt for them. I'm just curious if anyone found any and if you did anything to them. Here's a few shares of what I'm talking about...

Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

jfaskdown is offline We are all artists at heart.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a cool idea!
    Try something new, like chunkies! Check out the MMH Chunky thread. They're easy and FUN!

It's another beautiful day!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a sewing table drawer in progress. I found one for a buck at an antique sale. I painted the drawer part with black gesso and haven't decided what I want to do next. It has a lot of bug/worm damage that I thought could be fixed with the gesso, but I think I'm going to have to fill in those little holes with something to stop the "sawdust" from seeping out.

Neener is offline Head Puppacatchookie Wrangler at the Ranch
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You go girl!! I'm so glad you are loving your job!
    Floydavian Delights and Friends FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/667414776751850/

If you give me your best you will get mine. If not...well, just remember what goes around, comes around.

Neener is offline Head Puppacatchookie Wrangler at the Ranch
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have several drawers just waiting for inspiration. My weirdy mail is drying and I hope to get it out of here soon. Not the most inspired work I ever did for sure. Apologizing to my partner in advance. I need to remember that I can't get it all done anymore, and not get over committed.
    Floydavian Delights and Friends FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/667414776751850/

If you give me your best you will get mine. If not...well, just remember what goes around, comes around.