Totally Tacky Mystery Item Due DEC 1st 2017

Media
Swap Due Date - DEC 1, 2017
Number of participants - 53
Number of cards - 3:3
Mainly mixed media, and collage, other art mediums welcomed.

We are full, I will take a small waiting list

Totally Tacky Mystery Item

ABOUT THE SWAP AND Tacky Item.

This item is not offensive, or rude, but is tacky in the sense that is not the usual medium we artists like to use. You need to be willing to create something awesome for the items you get. I really think that many of us are up to this challenge.

This swap is not for the faint of heart, or anyone on the fence. I need you to be in or out. Ready to take on a challenge and think outside of the box. Players need to be committed to complete the swap without knowing what is inside the envelope. Overall this will be a collage mixed media swap. Sure you can draw, doodle, paint and zentangle.

All players in group 1, will get the same 4 orange/yellow items. Group 2 players will get the same 4 items, Purple, Group 3, is blue. Group 4, again 4 of the same items. I reserve the right to swap cards amongst the groups or not.

You can make your cards the same if you want, since I will be trading them out to other players. These items are wrapped in 2 book pages, which you can use, and some deco tape that you can reuse. This is optional and not required.

Using the TTMI is required. The word *use, yes you can rip it, paint it, turn it around backwards, modify it. But you must *use it somehow. Have fun! *Please do not just stick this TTMI onto a background.

Using the wise words of DITHESPY

It seems like you can play in different ways

1. Embrace the tackiness and pretend it is just art
2. Ignore the tackiness and de-construct the item
3. Go with the Kitsch and just have fun!

I will need you to PM your mailing address to me, so I can address and mail the envelope. Please post in the thread when your TTMI arrives but don't say much about how tacky it is until the majority of the players get their envelopes. You are welcomed to groan about the TTMI in general, though. Have at it!

ABOUT THE CARDS

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base, I will have to return cards that are on only flimsy paper. Think chip board, a playing card, or two layers of heavy card stock. If your card flaps in the breeze or can bend easily it is not sturdy enough.

*This swap is open-media, you may receive cards that are a different medium than what you have sent.

* We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of, think layers whenever possible.

* All cards must be original works not reprints

* All cards need to be labeled with at least your real name, and your AFA username, So others can leave you their thanks via you rocks.

* Cards need to measure 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. If you do make house or doll shapes cards then of course they need to be within that range. Cards may not have items that extend beyond the side or TOP/ bottom margins., because the items get ruined in the envelope. I cant not swap cards that are too big or too small. I will have to return them to you.

* Yes, you are allowed and even expected to add more of your own stuff to your cards. Layer it up without getting too chunky. The Postal Machines love to eat chunky cards. Yum.

*An extra card for a hostess card will be cherished. Which is why I sent 4 TTMI
Hint hint.

*We would love to see your work, so please load photos of your finished cards, or put them in your gallery or even a link to your flickr account.

ABOUT MAILING

Instead of asking you to send me SASE to mail off the TTMI, I will mail the TTMI envelope to you when you pm your address to me. Players can reimburse my mailing costs when they send in their cards.

Mailing info USA players.
I will provide return envelopes, it will just cost you extra to mail to me a SASE. PLAYERS please, provide a large address label and return postage. I do believe one Forever stamp should cover your returns Plus enclose one additional forever stamp, as reimbursement for mailing off the original envelope. Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance.

If you, yourself have sent cards that need to be hand cancelled please include the extra ounce 21 stamp for each card that needs to be hand cancelled. Since the cards would be sent to 3 different players.

Mailing INFO International Players
It will cost you $2.30 US for postage both ways, total. I will provide the envelopes, you provide the large sticker address label and return postage. Sending $2 USA cash works, Or 2 USA global stamps. Or I can take paypal USA $.

* Please send each card in a protective plastic sleeve, individual or you can use the 3 side by side baseball sleeve. Either way is fine.

About postage, could you please make it easy for me to remove the postage from the peel away backing, ? You know it needs a tab for easy removal, closely trimmed postage is really hard to remove the peel away backing. I don’t have long nails.

ABOUT RETURNS
* When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived, Then please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

Last edited:
IF your name is underlined then you told me you got your Envelope.

If your name is blue, it has a link, to the post where you loaded or attached images of your cards.

GROUP 1 yellow/orange Jerboa Your name will turn orange when your cards arrive.
1. Ferretgirl
2. Alrice R 11/16
3. Wolfmoon R 11/1
4. JavaZarf R 11/18
5. Kimmie R 11/29
6. Jkaskdown R 11/16
7.Prex79 R 12/1
8. ZazieLee R 10/30
9. Pisces Dreamer R 11/03
10. mynameisjenn R 11/25
11. Pouringdiva R 9/30
12. Oldlady1992 R 10/21
13. Dithespy R 10/7
14. Miss R 11/24

Group 2 IS PURPLE Tapir Your name will turn purple when your cards arrive
1. Jennifer R 12/1
2. ChronicReader R 10/17
3. lsobotka
4. KKporcupine R 10/27
5. Howlersong R 11/10
6. electricdesigner R 11/03
7. Donnacr R 11/24
8. BetsyG R 11/10
9. TrinaLD R 10/27
10. Kesagers R 11/18
11 LORNA R 11/06
12. PinkJellyfish R 12/12
13. Mrubyjean R 10/17
14. Suzi R 10/17

Group 3 BLUE TARSIER Your name will turn Dark blue when your cards arrive
1. NancyL R 10/7
2. LibbyGage
3. Katelnorth R 10/12
4. Cicicreates R 10/17
5. mcgillisj R 10/19
6. LoveMonkey R 10/7
7. Mushu R 10/28
8. ]AnnieR 11/28
9. Fandanie R 11/30
10. CindyLou R 10/17
11. JensAZ R 11/23

GROUP 4 MULTICOLORED Secretary BIRD 14 envelopes. Your name will turn Green when your cards arrive.

1. Kath R 11/13
2. LynndayBrown R 10/17
3. ChikNorriss
4. VHoneybee R 10/30
5. Silky1150
6.Loladog R 11/17
7. Beka H R 11/13
8. Xstitcher R 11/20
9. BLONCOLOBO R 11/10
10. HeyMaggie R 11/17
11. dmnh R 10/28
12. Hazardgal R 10/17
13. artistwannabe R 12/2
14. Minibee10110 R 12/1
maryfreeman0622 R 11/28
ParadoxSketchbook R 12/5

3 CARDS I MADE

Last edited:
Only 10 more spaces?....hummm....I like the sound of this and would like to give it a big "GO", please? (really wanting to get more into mixed media!) :)

I do love these challenges. I'm a bit scared of what might be in that envelope, but would to join if there's still room.

Great sign ups so far. I will get these envelopes out in the mail Monday. Have fun. I will update after I get home from working at the food bank. It is my week to pick up food at the farmers market. It is still the 90s here so I am sure I will be tired and will just want to sit in front of my computer for the rest of the day.

do all four tacky items go on the same card or one card for each tacky item?

They are all the same, exactly. You will get 4 and make 3 cards for the swap and if you feel inspired one for me as the hostess.

I doubt all 4 will fit on one card. Depending on what you do with the Tacky item, you could make more than 4 cards, if you cut the item up or something.

There is plenty of room, I can even do a group 2, if needed. I have OTHER tacky items, in other colors and shapes.

Have no fear it isn't that hideous. I made a card already and I am overjoyed with my outcome.

Back
Top Bottom