Totally Tacky Mystery Item Due DEC 1st 2017

My returns came in yesterday afternoon! What a cool bunch of cards! I am off to leave feedback now! Thanks everyone.

What happened? I hope Tuesday is kinder to you.

I live only an hour away from where the Amtrak derailed, so it was just really sad. And busy... the highway is still closed, and a lot of people are being diverted into my direction. It took me 10 minutes to travel one mile on the way home from work on a highway.
I am just glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Last I heard the count was three fatalities, but the first reports that went out locally were that there were mass fatalities. Very scary.

My returns are here!!

Thanks to CastleQueen5 for hosting and loladog, maryfreeman0622 and wolfmoon for the fun cards!

Off to leave iTrader and reps................

Chronic Reader - been following the story on the news. Tragic and sad. So sorry for everyone that has been touched by this.

CastleQueen - So happy you have found a stem cell match for your husband! That is great news and I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers as he goes through the process and healing that follows.

My returns have arrived! Thank you for hosting such a fun and unusual swap - great idea!

Donnacr - So cool to cut the sticker in pieces - has a modern art feel to it! The site wont let me rep you right now. I'll try to remember to try again later.

KKporcupine - Love the security envie background with your tacky creature - such a great way to recycle into art!

Electricdesigner - Fluffy has a new home! Beautiful painted background with cheerful flower embellishments!

Nice work everyone! :)

Last edited:
I want to thank all of you who participated. I am getting high praise for this idea, but really all did the real work, taking something I had no idea what to do with and making masterpieces.

It was a great deal of work with all the envelopes and groups and varying artist styles, but it was so fun.

I have asked to host the Mid Jan PAT. The theme will be trash to treasure limited to 5 groups.

oh boy
I am not a fan of pats (they make me so nervous) but welcome another trash to treasure challenge.
what a great idea
hoping to remember to sign up whenever it gets posted

I was thinking, The requiement would be that the players would have to use, chip board from like a cereal box, or a playing card or upcycled note card as the background, So no water colors paper.

that the hand drawn would have to be on a security envelope.
That there would be on zentangle group, again on a security envelope.
One group would be APCs
one group would be open media

and one other group undecided. I am only allowed 5 groups.

Other thoughts were cancelled postage stamps. but not sure if those need a separate group. or if that might just theme you could requets. I have til Mid Jan to finalize the ideas.

Last edited:
That sounds plausible.
You could even send trash to every group - like not a ton, maybe 3 items to be used somehow along with whatever their group is, even if it is hd/hp, zentangle or whatever.
What am I saying?! This is not my swap but the idea is interesting. View attachment 190805

That sounds plausible.
You could even send trash to every group - like not a ton, maybe 3 items to be used somehow along with whatever their group is, even if it is hd/hp, zentangle or whatever.
What am I saying?! This is not my swap but the idea is interesting. View attachment 190805

Look at those 2 cents...you are dating yourself! LOL! I have to date myself to even recognize them :biglaugh:

Got my returns yesterday, thank you to Paradox Sketchbook, electricdesigner and mrubyjean. Wow! each are lovely given the tacky starter. Special thanks to CastleQueen5 for all her work and creating a fun swap!
Happy Holidays to all!:)

I've received my wonderful returns!!! Thank you so much! I'll be leaving Itrader/rocks asap! Thank you, again!

If anyone is still reading this, I want to confess I almost bought something in a bag at the goodwill that would be awesome to do this again. Not as tacky but interestingly odd. I didn't buy it. I thought WHY???? why? my daughter has to go Physical therapy near this store twice a week. If it presents itself again, who knows.

That sounds plausible.

That “wheat straw” penny might be worth something according to a coin collector I know.

Back
Top Bottom