Totally Tacky Mystery Item Due DEC 1st 2017

I don't get it, what is a totally tacky mystery item?

Oh I am so glad you asked. I see you are new to AFA, so lets start from the beginning.

Once upon a time Ferretgirl started a swap called FINISH IT UP.
She send each player an envelope with 3 things to finish up and make cards with. We then mailed our finished masterpieces back to Ferretgirl.

You can find her swaps by going to profile. Find Statistics and find Threads STARTED by Ferretgirl. She just finished round 5.
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34154

Recently I started a swap called Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope. It had 10 of the same items for all of the players. This is how it differed from FGs, swap. My stuff was all the same, and FGs items were different for each player. All of my items were upcycled items. Things I saved from the landfill. I sent, some coffee images saved from Kcup boxes, and punched images from Security envelopes, tea tags, book pages.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34039&page=26

Jfkaskdown did round 2 of the T2T swap, and I am pretty sure round 3 is coming up with a new host, NotinKansas. It does take awhile to accumulate similar trash for all the envelopes.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34287

This swap is not trash, and all 4 items that you get will be the same. The item is tacky. not sticky but in poor taste. Not lewd but just made from a material that would in general only create a very tacky atc. So the idea is that each player needs to make something beautiful from this UGH.

I already started some cards and I cant wait to show you all my first creation.

This is a multi media swap. I do think it will work fine for those who paint or draw. It is really a swap for those who can think outside of the box and create a purse from a sow's ear.

that sounds like a hint

No not really a hint, I just thought since she was a secret mermaid that she would like a mystery.

Here is hint, I bought these items at a thrift store in Michigan over a year ago. They are so tacky I haven't found an use for them. Hence the swap. You solve my art dilemma.

By hosting the swap, I started creating some things to use the tacky item.

There is one spot left in group 2.

I will open up group 3, that has only 11 spots. This swap has been open 5 days so I gather the last group will also fill up.

Thanks to everyone who has been brave.

I cant wait to show you some of my cards.

I did drop Jennifer's envelope today. She isn't giving away the secret but lets just say she realizes now why it is totally tacky! We will wait til more of you get your TTMI items. Then we can all lament together and then create together.

I can't wait to post a comment about my envelope contents! I have to wait for everyone to her his/her envies though. It's killing me! Too much fun!

You can post general comments, LIKE WHAT THE HECK!!!????

Keep in mind, I have 14 times 4 of this TTMI for group 2. ok cant even do that math in my head. and Group 1 has very similar TTMI just a different color, and a different image too, but same general tacky family.

Back
Top Bottom