Pop Culture Mid-September PAT Swap - Due November 30

Mesektet

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date: November 30
Signup Date: October 13 (or until groups are filled)
Withdraw Date: None - there are no withdrawals allowed after choosing themes!
Number of Items: 4 per group (no more than 2 groups)
Media: As labelled on the group

Pop Culture PAT

Welcome to my Pop Culture PAT! I’m a huge fan of a number of television shows, films, and books, so I thought this PAT would give us all a chance to collect cards for our favourite pop culture icons.

For this swap, you choose your group & your own theme. Then make an ATC for each of your group members in THEIR chosen theme. You will get back 4 ATCs with YOUR chosen theme.

There are four theme groups: Books, Films, Television Shows, and Any Pop Culture, and I’ve included some examples of possible themes below.

Books: Book characters (eg. Frodo from LOTR), book series (eg. Harry Potter), authors (eg. Charlotte Bronte)

Films: Characters from films (eg. Luke Skywalker) , film titles (eg. The Notebook), directors (eg. Steven Spielberg), actors (eg. Emma Stone)

Television Shows: Characters from television (eg. Castiel from Supernatural), actors (eg. Ashton Kutcher), television shows (eg. Glee)

Any Pop Culture: Anything from the themes above, as well as music themes, video games, comics, or other pop culture that I can’t think of right now

As many of these themes could be challenging, please make sure to include a link to your chosen theme. Also, the group you pick will likely affect your returns (eg. Book versions of Jon Snow may look different to Television Show versions of Jon Snow).

Please don’t over-commit. You can not withdraw from a PAT once you have chosen a theme. Unlike many PATs, most themes in this swap will be more challenging, so be prepared.

Rules
- You must have a minimum +15 iTrader.
- You must have no negative iTrader in the last 6 months and no neutral iTrader in the last 3 months.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- Cards must be sent at least three weeks before the due date. I am in Australia, so this may be how long it will take for international mail to arrive. Late cards will be returned at your expense and may result in negative iTrader from me and your other group members.
- No cards and no communication will result in negative iTrader.
- Keep ATCs as flat as possible to protect them. Also make sure that your cards are sturdy (not just paper).
- On all pieces, include the group number, the recipient’s username and your username.

Postage (Australian)
Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps to the value your art took to mail to me. I will provide envelopes.

Postage (International)
Please include a large address label and $2 US cash. Alternatively, I can accept PayPal. I will provide envelopes.

Other Info
Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your art. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and for your group members.

Group 1:
Hand-Drawn/Painted, Books
1. xela7072 - Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (received)
2. kentuckydakota - Chronicles of Narnia by C,S.Lewis (received)
3. ann_stebbing - J R Tolkein characters (received)
4. angelmuz - Wizard of Oz (received)
5. dithespy - Alice in Wonderland (received)

Group 2:
Open Media, Books
1. ChronicReader - Sherlock Holmes (received)
2. BluSkyHare - Game of Thrones (received)
3. Mesektet - Harry Potter (received)
4. Beverley - 'The Shack' (see post) (received)
5. pouringdiva - Life of Pi (received)

Group 3:
Hand-Drawn/Painted, Films
1. josiesuelupin - Colin Firth's Movie Characters (received)
2. BexMadeMe - Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (received)
3. Beverley - "Jurassic WORLD" (new movie) (received)
4. ann_stebbing - The Wizard of Oz (received)
5. CLOSED

Group 4:
Open Media, Films
1. kentuckydakota - Pirates of the Caribbean (received)
2. CastleQueen5 - anything from The Wizard of Oz (received)
3. PinkJellyFish - Labrinyth (received)
4. LucyMc - The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
5. katelnorth - Rocky Horror Picture Show (received)

Group 5:
Hand-Drawn/Painted, Television Shows
1. BexMadeMe - Characters from The Walking Dead (received)
2. josiesuelupin - Characters featured in Oz (1997 crime-drama) (received)
3. karens - the current CW DC universe, so it could be anything from Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow (received)
4. TimeInMyHands - Character from The Walking Dead
5. Mesektet - Characters from Pretty Little Liars (received)

Group 6:
Open Media, Television Shows
1. PinkJellyFish - Stranger Things (received)
2. LucyMc - Doctor Who (David Tennant's Doctor)
3. BluSkyHare - Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman) (received)
4. londonont1 - Star Trek (anything) (received)
5. pouringdiva - Empire (received)

Group 7:
APCs, Any Pop Culture
1. Pikkis - Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit (anything from the books or movies) - P2- 4 of hearts, P3- A of spades, P4- A of clubs and P5- 2 of diamonds. (received)
2. angelmuz - Alice in Wonderland characters. P#1- 8 clubs P#3- 8 hearts P#4-9 hearts P#5-9 diamonds (received)
3. dithespy - House (Dr) theme - Player 1: 5 diamonds; Player 2 : 6 diamonds; Player 4: 7 diamonds; Player 5: 8 diamonds (received)
4. CastleQueen5 - Mork from the TV show 'Mork and Mindy' (see post for details) - P1 CLUBS 6, P2 CLUBS 7, P3 CLUBS 8, P5 CLUBS 9 (received)
5. ChronicReader - Spirited Away, done by Hayao Miyazaki, P1: A clubs, P2: 2 clubs, P3: 3 clubs, P4: 4 clubs (received)

Group 8: Closed

Last edited:
Thank you londonont1 and xela7072 for jumping in first! I know this PAT might seem a little bit more challenging, but I think people will be really excited with their returns.

Can I snag a spot in Group 1 with the Chronicles of Narnia by C,S.Lewis and Group 4 w Pirates of the Caribbean please?

Last edited:
What a great idea for a PAT and so good to see an APC-group as well, so I can have some more cards for my deck :)! So may I have the first spot in group 7, please! My theme is Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit (anything from the books or movies will do) and the suits and numbers are: P2- 4 of hearts, P3- A of spades, P4- A of clubs and P5- 2 of diamonds.

CastleQueen5, it's a PAT, so it's your choice. I don't think it has to be "current" to be pop culture.
You can also include a link to your theme if you'd like, so people will know what you want.

I've been thinking! Could you put me down for Alice in Wonderland for Group 1 and for Group 7, House (Dr) theme - Player 1: 5 diamonds; Player 2 : 6 diamonds; Player 4: 7 diamonds; Player 5: 8 diamonds, please?

Back
Top Bottom