The Life Of The Monarch Butterfly, Due December 1, 2017

I find that 8am number pretty cool! I've had some emerge, but once we had to delay dinner to watch one emerge ~ a room full of awestruck adults too! Then I had one emerge right at lunch time so I had an entire kindergarten and 1st grade classes late to the cafeteria! Priorities, you know!

I got to thinking.....
My data about the 8 AM butterfly emergence comes from the University of Minnesota, and I live in Minnesota. So perhaps that is the reason my data agrees with their data.

Since you live in a different time zone, that could easily affect a lot of timing in the world of the Monarch.

You have given me something to think about. :)
Thank you for my next research project.

Last edited:
I just took photos of the monarchs traveling through South Dakota. I want to join!

How fantastic.
If you can post your photos to this thread, that would be
AWESOME!!!!!

I signed you up.
Welcome, both to this site and to my swap.
If you have any questions, please ask.

No answers as to which is the boy Monarch and which is the girl Monarch from Post #27?

The answer is also in the thread, if you look! :0)

Does anyone else absolutely love the scent of milkweed flower? My favorite two are peony and milkweed, both so very similar :)

I raise both peony and milkweed, and I have never noticed that both have a similar scent.
How fascinating.
Of course, I have 7 different peonies, and each one smells different from another, and my peonies bloom very early in the Spring, and my milkweed blooms very early in the Fall, so perhaps I have never really compared them.

You are giving me so many new things to check out, Rosa.
Thank you so much for your input!!!

There were two Monarchs and 8 Painted Ladies in the flowers today.
Usually the butterflies are gone by now, but this has been a warm fall, and the weather people are predicting warmer than average temperatures the rest of the week.

it's now Thursday Oct, 5... and I watched 2 Monarchs fluttering around a doe deer in my front yard... the deer was eating my falling apples and the Monarchs keep lighting on the apples as the deer took a bite, dropped it and picked up another one...
and yes, this is late here in Michigan for the Monarch....

Vicki, please sign me up for this really beautiful swap.... back in a short... have to fire up the scanner for my show and tell...

Oh,
Ducky, those are GORGEOUS cards.!
I always LOVE your cards, and I absolutely adore your paint pail backgrounds, but you have exceeded yourself on these cards.
They are all beautiful, but I think I like the orange one the best. That die cut swirl really is a wonderful addition.
Thanks for signing up.

The check is in the mail??????
Are you sending me a check?

I think you shoudda said the flutterflies are on the fly
I got my butterfly net out

Back
Top Bottom