Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything & Everything ATART ~ Sept 28 to Oct 2 2017

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything & Everything ATART ~ Sept 28 to Oct 2 2017

~ Anything & Everything ATART ~
    Starts Thursday Sept 28, goes at least till Oct 2

Do you have a favorite type of a-thon? Is it the ATART or .....
    Altered Playing Card(APC)-A-Thon ~ Buddy Cards-A-Thon ~ Chunky Page-A-Thon ~ Collage-A-Thon ~ Digital-A-Thon ~ Draw-A-Thon ~ Found Poetry-a-Thon ~ Inchie-A-Thon ~ Learn-A-Thon ~ Melt-A-Thon ~ Mini House-A-Thon ~ Mixed Media-A-Thon ~ Paint-A-Thon ~ Postage Stamp-A-Thon ~ Stamp-A-Thon ~ Scrapbook / Journal-A-Thon ~ Sticker-A-Thon ~ Twinchie-A-Thon ~ Zentangle-A-Thon

An All Types of ART (ATART) usually involves all media and sizes of art. Normally focused on trading. But we are heading into the busiest time of year and I am going to add a chance to work on not only Trade art but stuff for ourselves and our families. If you are like me while you have everything out you probably end up making something to trade.

Lets have fun. Challenge ideas....

Learn a new technique, or practice something you are still learning (e.g. painting)
    Work on Greeting cards for family and friends, (e.g. Christmas, Birthday, Get Well, Thank you)
    try a new size of art to work on (e.g. try making a Two sleeve doll, Funky Feline, or maybe a large canvas Christmas gift)
    Or maybe you just want to work on something for yourself (e.g. Scrapbooking or journaling)
    Make cards for one of the Many Halloween swaps and mail them Monday or Tues.
    INSPIRATION LINKS
    Hey look what I just found in the Forum.... by pennydoodles
    I made some of these last year Beaded Spiders
    This is an awesome Abandoned Art project with or without the kids leaves
    3D paper flowers You-Tube
    Lovely Matchbox Christmas Ornament you-tube
    Easy Sock Skeleton Martha Stewart video
    great technique tips to color your mixed media art, journaling and rubber stamped images.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-29-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    Internet Explorer
    1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
    2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
    1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
    [IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:

1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-20-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking this thread!
    "When it comes to art, it's important not to hide the madness." -Atticus
    My Etsy Store My APC Wishlist

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Jennifer, any ideas what you want to work on? I am thinking I want to make some Birthday and Christmas cards. Maybe play with my encaustics so I can do some trade stuff too. And because of the APC-a-thon I am behind on my draw faces Sept Challenge. But who knows I rarely stick to the plan.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    bookmarking

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a minimum trader rating to participate?
    Last edited by cats_n_dogs; 09-20-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WooHoo! Glad I popped by ... I marked this on my calendar.
    I love a good ATART (and cherry tarts too)!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cats_n_dogs View Post
    Is there a minimum trader rating to participate?
    Hi cats_n_dogs, No everyone is welcome during an a-thon. Any trading is purely optional and done one on one in a private message(pm). We encourage you to share what you make by posting here and if it is available for trade put it in the a-thon gallery. Here is a link for the a-thon that just ended if you want to see how it was done. link She also has more info in the first post.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL chaosatlanta, mmmmm cherry tarts sound sooo good. But I am going to have to settle for Pizza or lasagna Saturday when my hubby takes me out to dinner. I've been very strict about what I'm eating and I've lost 19 pounds since early June.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for hosting Linda. I also clicked on the link to the Other pennydoodles thing.

At this exact moment I cant think of anything I want to work on

I want to clean up my craft room some.

I really want to use some of the newer things I have bought or even some of the older things I bought and haven't used.

II have a lot of rubber stamps, I would like to put some rubber stamps on ebay an get rid of them. I bought a few too many when I was sick with cancer and was bored. But The LOTS of stamps had ones in it that made it worth the cost. Thinking I would sell the rest. well I haven't. I have given a lot of them away. You know "buying friends" or decluttering. not sure which is more true.

Ok but see you all soon. going to bed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
    LOL chaosatlanta, mmmmm cherry tarts sound sooo good. But I am going to have to settle for Pizza or lasagna Saturday when my hubby takes me out to dinner. I've been very strict about what I'm eating and I've lost 19 pounds since early June.
    Fantastic job! BTW, I think I found those 19 pounds you lost.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosatlanta View Post
    Fantastic job! BTW, I think I found those 19 pounds you lost.
    LOL Well I still have at least 95 found pounds I'm looking to get rid of.
    CastleQueen5 I would be interested in atc usable quotes, fairies or mermaids if you have anything like that?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I want to work on holiday cards (Halloween and Christmas), starter set for round robin, using some of my new supplies from dylusions and some dia de los muertos/shrine inspired cards I've had in my head for a while. I'd love to do a wish list type thing where people list what they want (themes, techniques etc). I get a lot of inspiration that way. For example I'm collecting cactus cards right now so I might give a shout out and ask someone to make me one. I also love it when a new technique video or link is posted. Gives me a chance to try something new and see what others create too.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also CQ5, I might be interested in buying some stamps. I don't have many believe it or not. Really just started collecting them last year.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think I want to work on holiday cards (Halloween and Christmas), starter set for round robin, using some of my new supplies from dylusions and some dia de los muertos/shrine inspired cards I've had in my head for a while. I'd love to do a wish list type thing where people list what they want (themes, techniques etc). I get a lot of inspiration that way. For example I'm collecting cactus cards right now so I might give a shout out and ask someone to make me one. I also love it when a new technique video or link is posted. Gives me a chance to try something new and see what others create too.
    Everything sounds awesome. I will added several links to the first post. I'm happy to add more. I wish I had a set up where I could watch tutorials while doing my artsy thing. I watch an occasional video but I have to count data usage with my plan. Also a lot of the videos won't even play, they keep buffering.

I haven't tried the dylusions. I love my Ranger colorwash sprays, I need more of the yellow. Been thinking I should get some little spray bottles and try making some watered down sprays to get pastel colors. I saw a tutorial the other day that inspired me to some empty Copic markers and ink bottles because I hope to make some lighter copic colors.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-21-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
    LOL Well I still have at least 95 found pounds I'm looking to get rid of.
    CastleQueen5 I would be interested in atc usable quotes, fairies or mermaids if you have anything like that?
    LInda you want, rubber stamps like that?

I bought a bunch of quotes sheets, but sometimes the sheets has a quote that was in another set. I do need to cull the duplicates. I would be glad to rehome the duplicates.

So during this swap I will use the duplicates in my art and put the rest up for adoption.

I dont have any mermaids or Fairies that I want to rehome, but I will make some cards and gladly send you some stamped images and die cuts. I will show you what I have when the a thon opens.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Also CQ5, I might be interested in buying some stamps. I don't have many believe it or not. Really just started collecting them last year.
    You really dont have to buy them, I will gladly bring the box to you. And you can pick. I will trade for postage stamps or kittens, or coffee. Let not do this a the LIVE atc group cause then I will feel like I have to give some to the ones I dont like. WHAT??!?! did I say that? I gave a bunch to Terri 2 months ago, as part of a gift from a Wish Granted on swapbot.

So lets get coffee and Dunkin Donuts and you can take not buy the ones you want. EDITED, you buy me a Latte and you can have all the Stamps you want. I am a cheap date.
    I thought about taking them to BOOKMANS but they dont give you much for them, cause they dont sell them for much.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Castle queen I would Love the rehomed quotes and stamped images. I can make a grab bag of goodies for you as well. I have been trying to sort my postage stamps. My husbands cousin just gave me a bunch that I am happy to share with you.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda that will work out great. I cant wait to get started. They are clings, not wooden stamps.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL then don't wait. I am going to mail out all my trade commitments tomorrow. It will be a town day so no art, but I am going to be working on cards for some of the Halloween swaps starting Tuesday. Also it is fun to do some of the MMH or PIF threads.