Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
DUE DATE: Nov. 22
SIGNUP/WITHDRAWAL DATE: Nov. 16
NUMBER of PLAYERS: Unlimited
NUMBER of CARDS: 3 for 3
STYLES: Realistic, Impressionist, Whimsical
MEDIA: Hand-drawn/hand-painted, including paints, inks, pencils, pastels, markers.
NO photography or digital, stickers, loose glitter, or any glued-on embellishments

It is always so amazing to see a peacock spread his tail feathers into that gorgeous fan! And those glorious teals, royal blues, and violet colors, all touched with gold! They are called "proud" because they just seem to know they are beautiful. Use your HD/HP skills to portray them posing with a fully opened tail; or maybe just perching gracefully on a post or circle stand, since they are also impressive-looking with closed tails flowing downward in a slight S curve.

Now, after all this talk about the peacock's elegance, feel free to do a whimsical depiction, as well as a realistic one. I would even welcome abstract/impressionist styles, IF the image is recognizable as a peacock. Also, you may use gold metallic pens or even glitter paint or markers (no loose glitter please) to represent the iridescent touches. Pictures posted on the thread are welcome and invited!

CARD GUIDELINES

* Cards need to measure 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and be sturdy enough not to easily bend into a U-shape.
* Cards should each be placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal travelling. Please use Washi tape or Painters' tape.
* Cards should be identified on back with your username, real name, and swap name. An extra "host card" is never necessary, but always appreciated.

MAILING GUIDELINES

* Please PM me for my address when your cards are ready to send. keep the due date in mind, a suggestion for mailing dates is to allow 7 days for US players, and 14 days for International players. If you see that you need to withdraw, please do let me know in time (before my Withdraw Date).
* U.S. Players, please send a large label with your name & address clearly printed, and include one Forever stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.
* International Players, please send a large label with your name & address clearly printed, and include a U.S. one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give "You Rock" points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Player List:

1. Sillylily41 - RECEIVED
2. alrice46 - RECEIVED
3. Lynndaybrown - RECEIVED
4. Londonont1 (CANADA) - RECEIVED
5. Artistwannabe - RECEIVED
6. Suzi - RECEIVED
7. Ann_ stebbing (FR) - RECEIVED
8. WITHDRAWN
9. Rina - RECEIVED
10. Naturenerd3 - RECEIVED
11. esew123 - RECEIVED
12. Anjen - RECEIVED
13. Monica RECEIVED
14. AmySi - RECEIVED

Pretty examples are by Sweetgypsy; Wysteriavine, Spinnbabul, and MyNameisJenn

Last edited:
  • Staff
OK, welcome to my Lurkers' couch, you three! It is comfy, but not too comfy. You may just find a loose spring (it is an old couch) threatening to push you right up to the signature book - be careful!

• Staff
Welcome to the swap, alrice46, and welcome to lurk, Rina

• Staff
Welcome! So many lurkers! Stay with us long enough for the timing to go in your favor to sign up, ok?

Hi zebracandy, the cards should be a peacock. I love those "eye "tails, but cards can also be just the heads and neck, some are that way in my sample cards. But sorry, no feathers alone, pretty as they are.

I just finished my first card (IF we don't have to cancel this swap due to lack of players). It is done on a purple cardstock background, and I hope it shows up OK in the picture I will try to post tomorrow. It has a tail made of swirling filigree designs. I have seen some pictures of wonderful peacock art done with alcohol inks - must try that soon!

I did some sketching last night and it went well- I'm in!

Looking forward to some other lurkers joining in the fun!

Last edited:
You and me both, Lynndaybrown! I will sign you up now.

Well, if I play also, it will be four, and that is enough to swap! So thank-you! And it is still early, I suspect we will get more signups. I do realize that there were several wonderful swap themes going on at once, so I understand how it is.

Here is my "Filigree Peacock" done on purple cardstock.

Thank-you, Lynndaybrown! Thinking about the next one now. There are so many different styles to try here.

I agree- there are tons of beautiful possibilities to choose from!
I hope to finish a couple cards this weekend so i can post them!
Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom