Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #Inktober 2017 Challenge

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda4atc View Post
    I don't think he has color in the official Inktober, but our little AFA version is free to do what ever our muse dictates.
    Yeah

I saw some people over on wet canvas did watercolor pen and wash for inktober also.
    Now hosting NOVEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade.
    Coming mid November (soon, real soon): postage stamp extending the scene III

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 from me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now hosting NOVEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KPinAK View Post
    Cool!!

Strivaria, tell us more about nanowrimo & how your Inktober pieces will help you with that!
    Well,my goal for NaNo has always been to come up with something I could turn into a web comic, so with Inktober, I'll try to draw a comic page a day that I can expand upon in November. If I can get 2000 words per page done in October, I'll win NaNo without even breaking a sweat. Hopefully December, if I can still stand to look at all of this, I can buckle down with my stories and art drafts and actually do something. I should have plenty of story fodder - where I work now is a constant tragi-comedy of errors so there's no end of inspiration.

I'll be posting my work on Instagram since that's where I started this particular insanity last year and I'm not doing ATC's
    Last edited by Strivaria; 10-02-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool I got to see that one, it looks great! But I think they are going to want an instagram log in to see more. I'm not signing up.

nightowl_too that Pepsi makes me wish I had one right now!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Pepsi bottle, Nightowl! Cool that you're drawing a new sort of subject for yourself :-)

Strivaria, interesting about yourNaNoWriMo goal & how Inktober folds into that. You go! What kind of place do you work that has all the tragi-comedy? I'm usually the only person in my office, so very little drama :-)
    Having fun in October on the Inktober Challenge! Stop in the thread & visit!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are all of my Inktober draws so far. The purple one is acrylic in the background. Otherwise I followed the rules.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, catsndogs! Love the purple.

I think someone asked earlier if color was OK. Totally!

Here's my Inktober #1 "Swift," an umbrella swift I sometimes use to wind yarn from a skein to a warping board or ball winder when I'm weaving (which I've hardly done since I started ATCs :-)) Painted with India Ink.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great cards everyone. Yesterday turned into a rather long (unexpectedly long) day for me so I'm a day behind. I'll be working up 2 pieces tonight. I'm going to see about using the prompt list, but then again.....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here I am at 10:30 p.m. suddenly thinking I need to get caught up on this before I get so far behind I give up on trying! I love the idea of just drawing whatever I want! At first I didn't like the idea of the prompts, but then my brain got so overwhelmed with all the possibilities that I decided the prompts might be a good idea after all. I guess we don't have to use them if we don't want to, but that's how I started. These were quickies. I just wanted to kick my patootie into gear so I'd be caught up for tomorrow, lol.
    I'm thinking maybe some portraits/faces might be fun.
    "The everlasting God is your place of safety,
    and his arms will hold you up forever... ."
    ~ Deuteronomy 33:27 ~

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm counting this for 10/3/2017 even though I painted it after midnight. I don't consider it to be the next day till after I go to bed then wake up again. So, here is my #2. Inspired by a photo I took of a little piece of toilet paper on the bathroom floor at work that looked like a cat to me. Did it on mixed media paper so that the pen would have a smoother ride across the surface than on my usual watercolor paper.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plumhill, those are awesome! Congrats for getting your patootie inking!

Nightowl, SUCH a cool idea to draw the objects your crazeative (I just made that word up) mind sees in in the toilet paper on the floor at work. Seriously, that is SUCH a great idea. I have recently taken pictures of faces I saw (1) in the tar seams in the road in front of Bob Burridge's house & (2) in my sweat pants in the way they were draped over my towel rack. I've GOT to draw or paint those now (and I just HAD to work Bob into the conversation, didnt I?)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://community.sktchy.com/posts/2...th-ink?share=1

I don't know if you'll be able to see the link. You may need the (free) Sktchy app. The link takes you to artists' favorite inking tips they've posted since Inktober started. There are some great ones (like vary line width, etc) and funny ones (like remember ink doesn't come out of your jeans)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So then you won't think I'm crazy for taking photos of...the tile on my veterinarians waiting room floor that looked like a fox, the door at the dr's office that had a knot that looked like an owl, and the smudge on the floor in the cafeteria that looked like a whale. - LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a cat right?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a fighting between yesterday and a poison frog today. I have another poison idea I want to do but I spent too much time on the frog, and I have to go into town again tomorrow. I scanned them and will upload when I get the chance.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    night_owl and KP, I'm SO GLAD to hear that I'm not the only one who "sees things" in ordinary objects! In my old house I used to see things in the wallpaper as I sat on the potty. One shape was like a seahorse. And when I was little we lived in an old house with water stains on the ceiling. Always good for finding pictures, ha ha! I definitely see that kitty!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mom used to visit me in my work office sometimes. The grain of the oak door had so many faces peering out at her, she could barely concentrate on whatever I was saying to her. She'd get all excited, bounce in her chair and say, "Do you see it? Do you see it?" She's hilarious. So I was trained from an early age to see faces everywhere. Either that or it's an inherited skill/trait/neurosis :-).

I also share others' creativity when it comes to putting off drawing. At one point today, on my day off, I found myself scrubbing fingerprints off the front of my cupboards. They've probably been there for years. Even as I was scrubbing, I was asking myself, "really? And THIS is how you choose to spend your day off???"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a cold for a few days and I'm having trouble working up creative energy to do art. SO, hoping I begin feeling better tomorrow and then maybe I'll be catching up! Nighty night!