Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    [ChrOnic QUOTE=plumhill2001;1937817]Vikinglady, that is such a fun canvas! I can't seem to pull off that style of painting, but I sure do love looking at them! [/QUOTE]

Thank you Plumhill! You could make up your own characters too. It just takes a bit of letting go and doing a lot of exercises in drawing faces with different expressions. In the past two years I've taken online classes with Christina Romeo, Mindy Lacefield, and Robin Law. All of these artists have helped me immensely in building up a character portfolio. I am currently taking an online course with Yvonne Morell, an artist from Switzerland who also teaches painting whimsical characters. You can find Yvonne's course at Ivy Newport's site. Her course is called, Ladies with Character.

Thanks Chronicreader. I thought Suntrade, may have used oils for this canvas. Makes me want to haul my oils out for the next canvas.

Here is my canvas from Shawnicaitlin. It is currently being displayed in my living room and sharing the space with my paper mache bear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I might get mine back out too

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, Shawnicaitlin!
    “Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, a good report, any virtue, any praise, think on these things” (Phil 4:8). The power of good always overcomes the power of evil. I Am the author and finisher of your faith (Heb 12:2-3).

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    vikinglady. Awww. Thank you for posting a pic of my canvas. I'm loving the display. So cool!! Mr. Bear is awesome!!

Loving all of the other art posted as well. Talented group of folks. I adore the canvas you made me Sue.
    Thanks so much!
    Hugs to all.
    Last edited by Shawnicaitlin; 10-31-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl_too View Post
    And Amerasu, yes you would be eligible and we would love to have you! I have no restrictions with regards to how active you are on this site.
    Thanks for the info! I'm planning on signing up for December. I thought I might be able to do November but then realized I have a gazillion DIY presents to make this month.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Canvas mailed to chronic reader Monday afternoon. Received a canvas from her today.