Swap Due Date - December 1st, 2017
Signup/withdraw date - None, just COMMUNICATE
Number of Cards - 3:3
Number of participants - 12
Medium -Open Media
Theme - All Horses/Equines

NEIGHS & BRAYS (Horses/Equines) Swap - Due Dec. 1st, 2017

Any medium welcome!

Any style of Equine is welcome! Horses, ponies, longears, wild equids...realistic, whimsical, any artistic representation in horsey form. Bring out those drafters, warmbloods, workhorses, show ponies, mules, donkeys, and zebras! Stock workers, racehorses, foals, gaited breeds too! ALL are to be celebrated in this swap.

This swap is open to all media - hand drawn/painted, mixed media, collage, various textiles...

Posting cards to this thread is welcomed & encouraged so we can all enjoy your creations!
Please only send cards you would be proud to receive and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

EXPECTATIONS
Please sign up by posting to this thread, I will respond via PM and post a list of players with status.

No problem if you have to drop out, but please communicate to avoid neutral iTrader - this is in fairness to those who committed and got cards in on time.

Please include on the back of your ATC your name & AFA username (so recipients can leave you Rep Points!) as well as date and any pertinent card/swap details you deem important.

Please make sure to package your cards so they arrive safely and undamaged. See the "sticky" on this topic and PLEASE use clear sleeves for each ATC.

Please include appropriate return postage. If they take more than one stamp to send, please include the same amount to return. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written. If you use return labels, please make sure they are large enough to be read easily! If you must send a LARGE envelope, please include accurate postage.

USA participants - Please send the same number of stamps to me that it takes to mail your cards. INTERNATIONAL participants - I can accept paypal ($2) or (3) unused US postage stamps or ($2) well concealed US dollars. Please let me know when you are mailing them what method you will be using to pay for return shipping.

Please send art you'd be happy to receive - your best efforts and quality will be matched as closely as possible.

Please send me a PM when you need my address. Hostess cards are not required, but definitely appreciated! I adore all things horse as well as ATC and art - it will be fun to see everyone's equine creations! ***HAVE FUN!!!***

PLAYERS: (and status)
1 dithespy (received!)
2 Suzi (received!)
3 General Wildfire (received!)
4 PreciousFew (received!)
5 CiciCreates (received!)
6 BluSkyHare (received!)
7 pouringdiva (received!)
8 zhouzhou (received!)
9 lindalee (received!)
10 peacein17 (received!)
11 Seascape131 (received!)
12 me! Wolfmoon (done)

Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from! - optional

Last edited:
Suzy and Firefly, glad to have you! I will try to share some equine inspiration as the weeks go by as well...

CiciCreates - Thanks for joining the herd!
I have been researching some various breeds and riding disciplines that I don't commonly sketch...learn something new every day!

Because it came up in conversation, sure Onagers , Zorses, the various zebra varieties and other wild Equids count!

American Donkey & Mule Society is a nice starting point for explaining Donkey jacks and jennies, the mule and the hinny. :)
http://www.lovelongears.com/main.htm

Hee Haw!

Lurk away, electricdesigner! Hope you will decide to join us!
I do always love to include little "extras" with returns, and let's just say horses are a rather healthy hobby of mine, plenty of goodies! No worries, players, I will not add to bulk or weight, and if I do, I will cover it appropriately :)

Who else wants to saddle up?

Lurking, I've had a horse inspiration lately but need to take care of one commitments first!

Here's my first one. It was sized down from the 8 x 10 original I drew for a larger silhouette on glass. It was done in fine point Micron and Sharpie. Adapted from a sketch by Western artist Edward Borein.

Back
Top Bottom