Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope Challenge #4 - Due January 5, 2018

Waiting for one address.
Then all the envelopes will be in the mail.
Trash will probably start arriving Saturday to the close people and next week for the left coast. Not sure travel time outside USA.

Received my envelope today....and yes, this is a true challenge (but fun).

T2T Mystery Envelope 4

I received my envelope today and felt so inspired from the items inside that I started working on my cards immediately. I used almost all of the items (itemized them on the back of the cards). My challenge item was fantasy film and I used it over the image of the girl and I used the corner tabs and background paper. I painted the photo slide gold and used it as a frame for Mona Lisa and used the background paper. Made a dreamcatcher out of one of the round paper discs and hung the 3 paper feathers from it. I used the webbing to create an underwater effect for the die cut octopus I painted and added on top. I used 2 of the paper discs and background paper on this one as well. This was so much fun!!! Will mail them on Monday.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=189160&stc=1&d=1509169383

Last edited:
I got my craft magazine in the mail and it had an article about 6 ways to alter a doily for cards.

I will be playing around with that.

I will probably use paints to alter the items.

I also wanted to say with a chuckle, My daughter rescued a box of slides from the colleges trash and I was going to use them up in the next trash to treasure. Now I will look like a copy cat but I am ok with that cause I need those things gone. I really never got any bright ideas on what to do with them. Except

560b984f74464b0e1f83b549c9f2503d.jpg

Clever lampshade, I would never have thought of that!

Love your cards, Joyce. That Mona Lisa could be on a gallery wall, and the octopus is pretty cute!

Love your cards, Joyce! Haven't received my envelope, so not sure what we have to work with, but love what you've done!

And I really like that lampshade idea, CQ5.

I got ideas, and wrote them out so I don't forget, for three cards. The fourth was a real challenge, but finally....an idea! I just had to see if it would work out, so it is now a finished card! I will probably not post a pic until I get a second card finished.

That lampshade is cool, but those do not look like vintage slides. We have a ton of the little vintage ones.

By the way, the slides I sent were purchased at an estate sale, not my personal slides.

I am glad people are starting to get their envelopes and getting ideas. This is the fun part
- to see how different people use the same materials.

This is a 3 for 3 swap, so the 4th card is optional.

Don't forget to read the swap criteria using at least two trash items per card and for altering your trash.

I think the ones I have are vintage and have biology type items on them. I have a whole 3 ring binder of them. and I haven't used them like I thought I would. I know the lab at college was tossing them and she also couldn't let them get tossed so she gave away 3 ring binder to all the weirdo crafty folks in our family.

I never actually made a lamp that was just an idea from google.

nobody will care if you send slides in your next t2t swap
it will probably be different people anyway

if you have a huge quantity
it wouldnt hurt to take a few apart and experiment
make something with the frames
- too big for an atc - but for a chunky - maybe a quilt with different patterned paper instead of the slide inside
or make the frame look like a window
or cut the slide in a spiral - was thinking it might look like a flower
also what would bleach do to a slide
if only i had endless hours to experiment
sorry for prattling - this is how i think about stuff
the spiral cut came to me during the night

going to try to work on tacky today
rainy day good to stay inside

Marie, I think either Castlequeen5 or Katelnorth will be hosting the next one in line - (these are really popular!). I will try to remind you if and when I see it...

Marie, I think either Castlequeen5 or Katelnorth will be hosting the next one in line - (these are really popular!). I will try to remind you if and when I see it...

I think Heather (CastleQueen5) is up next - I think I'm down for number 6. I actually pretty much have my envelopes ready (ssh, don't tell) - of course there are still other opportunities for stuff. Mine is less trashy and more de-stashy. Though there are a few things which might be a little challenging.

Oh and I meant to say, my envelope has arrived today as well, and I've had a quick peek while I think of what I want to do. Won't get a chance to play until the weekend at least, possibly longer...

Back
Top Bottom