As usual, I had great fun with this. My cards are ready for mailing

1_trash1.jpg

1_trash2.jpg

1_trash3.jpg

1_trash4.jpg

Items used:

1. "Memories" - Transparency; tag; 2 x background papers
2. "Fish Tales" - Background paper; magazine page circle
3. "Beach Huts" - Coffee/tea bag (stained yellow for sun and cut out for gulls); Photo
corners (colored with gelatos); gauze
4. "Dream Girl" - challenge item - fantasy film (for window type background);
2 x Background paper for frame; Gauze for curtain effect

I received delightful cards today from JoyceG. Even cuter in person, and thank you for the host card.

Got my envelope today - wonderful "trash" - I think this is going to be fun, although I always have trouble 'altering' beautiful images, so that will be my big challenge. Thanks for such interesting bits to work with, JavaZarf!

Good news - Marie has agreed to fill our vacancy. I will mail her envelope tomorrow and then she can have fun with trash.

I think Heather (CastleQueen5) is up next - I think I'm down for number 6. I actually pretty much have my envelopes ready (ssh, don't tell) - of course there are still other opportunities for stuff. Mine is less trashy and more de-stashy. Though there are a few things which might be a little challenging.

I just Re-read this. Do you really pretty much have your envelopes ready? you could go next if you do. I don't forsee, posting my swap til after I mail the T2T 3 and the
T2T4.

But I guess I am saying, if you are ready, I know there are players who didn't get to play and want to play.

I think I should add that I don't own the rules, and you can use them and edit them as they work best for you. Javazarf added some super new stuff to her rules. You can decide how many cards you want sent in, and how many envelopes you want to send.

Also how we reimburse you for the original cost of your mailing to us the trash, as you are international to most of us, should be spelled out.

Last edited:
OK! The last envelope of trash is going out in the mail today.
Twelve players complete the list.
Twelve interpretations of trash conversion soon to be seen.
Previously posted cards are inspirational and have set the bar high.

I will be out of town from Friday to Sunday. I will look at cards posted when I get back. In the meantime chat amongst yourselves.

Thanks Heather, but actually, I'm okay to wait until number six -
it's going to be really busy here in the lead up to Christmas and I'd rather wait until the new year anyway. And yes, I have to think about postage reimbursement and what not. I might tweak the rules, but they are pretty good as they stand...

I just Re-read this. Do you really pretty much have your envelopes ready? you could go next if you do. I don't forsee, posting my swap til after I mail the T2T 3 and the
T2T4.

But I guess I am saying, if you are ready, I know there are players who didn't get to play and want to play.

I think I should add that I don't own the rules, and you can use them and edit them as they work best for you. Javazarf added some super new stuff to her rules. You can decide how many cards you want sent in, and how many envelopes you want to send.

Also how we reimburse you for the original cost of your mailing to us the trash, as you are international to most of us, should be spelled out.

OK, so I had some fun today playing with the "trash" items - mostly they were treasure already, really - and even using at least two things per card, I used so little I feel I need to make some more cards!

Here's what I did.

1. Bouquet with feathers: used the feather die cuts, but I covered them in washi tape. Used part of the doily as a background and cut one of the two round stickers to make a pot. Used the flowery transparency (cut) for a tablecloth/ground/whatever (Of my own stash, I added some washi tape and paper flowers)

2. Closer than they appear: Took the slide apart and used it as a frame, inside out. Behind the frame is one of the die-cut circles, folded up a bit to change the shape and make the "monster" - I used the challenge item here, as the surface of the mirror. (Of my own stash, I just added the lettering)

3. Yin & Yang: used two bits of cartridge paper, which I'd sprayed with spray ink in purple and gold for the main part of the yin/yang. The two small circles were cut from the transparency of the slide (the darker circle) and from the piece of washi tape which was taping the plastic sleeve which held the challenge item. The poem is stuck onto two of the tags, which I coloured with felt tip pens. (Of my own stash, nothing really, just the felt tips and the poem printed out - that wasn't really stash as I found it specifically for this card)

4. Not waving but drowning: the hand is cut from one of the die cut circles. The waves are cut from the inner envelope with all the "trash" in it. I used the mesh to make the foamy tips of the waves and the main part of the sea is cut in strips from a couple of the other die cut circles. (Of my own stash I just used lettering and some felt tips to outline the waves)

First - I want to announce - GAAAAHHHH!
It was hard to not have access to this site yesterday, it seems to be working today,
but everything is in a different place. I have to think and search to navigate.
That being said, glad to be back.

Katelnorth - those are awesome treasures made from trash. Good work on re-purposing trash.
And also, I didn't know those were cartridge papers. What is a cartridge paper. I got the packet of them at a thrift store.

oh la la
received imaginative set of cards from dithespy today
they are really a great set
thank you for the host card

Back
Top Bottom