Media
Albums
DUE DATE: Dec. 16
SIGNUP/WITHDRAWAL DATE: Dec. 10
NUMBER of CARDS: 3 for 3
NUMBER of PLAYERS: Unlimited
MEDIA: Hand-drawn/hand-painted, using inks, paints, pencils, markers
NO Photography or Digital, Stickers or glued on bits

Yes, it seems early....BUT...deadline is just a week before the holiday, so it is time. Let's illustrate a favorite Christmas carol or song! So much to choose from, including the old beloved Christian carols, as well as the popular non-religious holiday songs. A sampling of titles is listed below. This is a 3 for 3 swap, please hand-draw or hand-paint your cards, depicting a scene or image inspired from the title, or from some of the lyrics. Be sure to include the name of the song on your card, front or back. Show us your finished cards here in the thread, if you like.

SOME TITLE EXAMPLES
"Hark, the Herald Angels Sing"
"We Three Kings of Orient"
"Away in a Manger"
"Silent Night"
"Jingle Bells"
"White Christmas"
"Deck the Halls"
"Silver Bells"
"Frosty the Snowman"
.....and MANY OTHERS

CARD GUIDELINES

* Cards need to measure 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and be sturdy enough not to easily bend into a U-shape.
* Cards should each e placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal traveling. Please use Washi tape or Painter's tape.
* Cards should be identified on back with your username, real name, and swap name. An extra "host card" is never necessary, but always appreciated!

MAILING GUIDELINES

* Please PM me for my address when your cards are ready to send. Keep the due date in mind, a suggestion for mailing dates is to allow 7 days for US players, and 14 days for International players. If you see that you need to withdraw, please do let me know in time(before my Withdraw Date).
* U.S. Players, please send a large label with your name & address clearly printed, and one Forever stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.
* International Players, please send a large label with your name & address clearly printed, and include a U.S. one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give "You Rock" points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Who's going caroling with me?

1. Xela7072 - RECEIVED
2. Suzi -RECEIVED
3. Shannynoel -RECEIVED
4. WITHDRAWN
5. Amee.burton - RECEIVED
6. Ann_stebbing (FR) - RECEIVED
7. An. M. Sudyka
8. ChronicReader -RECEIVED
9. Sillylily41 - RECEIVED
10. Lemonadelover- RECEIVED
11. WITHDRAWN
12. WITHDRAWN
13. Naturenerd3 - RECEIVED
14. WITHDRAWN
15. Aginghippychic - RECEIVED
16. Scaritt -RECEIVED

Sample card, "We Three Kings" by CiCiCreates

Last edited:
I adore Christmas carols. I begin listening to my more than 200 Christmas CDs on Nov. 1 each year. Yes, I am just a teensy bit obsessive, haha! I guess that I really have to sign up for this one :yes:

• Staff
Wlcome, Suzi! Happy to have you. I'm headed off now to sign up for yours!

• Staff
So are you wanting to sign up? Just be sure it illustrates a Christmas song (and not just Christmas in general).

Welcome, Amee! Welcome to AFA as well, and please do message me if you have questions about anything.

I will sign you up, Ann - welcome! I struggled a bit with the due date, but didn't want it to be in January. I do get a bit nervous about mail during the holidays, we can all just hope for the best (and maybe try to work on these sets a bit early?). I'm sure it will be fine, we will all get in the Christmas spirit!!

My cards are ready

Well that reminded me that Christmas is not far away, and I painted toppers for my christmas cards today, so continued the theme.

Mine are;
Oh Christmas tree,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly
We three kings and
Hark the Herald Angels (it was a close contest between that and Angels from the realms of glory)

I will mail tomorrow.

How wonderful, Ann - your illustrations are just perfect! I love the three kings on camels in silhouette. And the angel is lovely. Yes, it could go for either song, or even "Angels we have Heard on High" also known as "Gloria". Thanks for the inspiration so early on!

Last edited:
So I just went on Pinterest and typed "Christmas Carols" in the search bar. Wow, I was blown away at all the songs I found, with lyrics! I think they were all familiar to me, but I may not have thought of several on my own. A Google search might produce a similar list. It really inspired me. Also, I want to remind you that you can choose to illustrate a lyric, or phrase in the song, if it brings forth an image when the title may not.

Back
Top Bottom