creating daily soothes the soul
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – January 18, 2018
Signup/withdraw date – Please communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants – 30, as this is my third swap
Style: open

Do you search for ways to up-cycle, like me?
Come to the place where frugality meets allergy-sufferer meets artist!

I love my pretty tissue boxes, and go through a lot of them--so I thought I'd try using the discarded boxes as bases for my cards. The cardboard is perfect for atcs, and then I thought, well, these make pretty backgrounds, too! So the tissue box atc was born. :)

For this swap, you must use cardboard from facial tissue boxes (you can get at least 3 from one large rectangular box). You may use more then one box, if you like.
You can draw on the cardboard, paint it, stamp it, collage it--UP-CYCLE it! :)
BUT-the background of the card must show at least a bit of the recognizable tissue box design--it is about the pretty boxes.

So, show us how you up-cycle something pretty into something BEAUTIFUL!

The Cards:
Must be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches on cardboard from a facial tissue box
and have all items securely glued on
Must have your AFA name, the swap name, and at least your first name
on the back
Must be sent in plastic sleeves
This is a 3 for 3 swap so send 3 cards (but if you'd like to include a hostess
card I would cherish it!)
The Mailing:
Mail your cards in a size 10 business size envelope (4” by 9.5”) with sufficient
postage
Include the same amount of postage needed to mail your cards in your
envelope
Include a mailing label of at least 1” by 1.5” with your address printed on it
I will supply the envelopes for returns
Please allow snail mail time and mail your cards so that I receive them by the
due date
The Returns:
I try to swap "like for like"---if you put a lot of time & effort into your cards I will try to swap with others' cards that were made with the same care
Once you receive your returns please let me know in the swap thread
Leave reps (You Rock!s) for players whose cards you’ve received and an
iTrader for your hostess.

If you have any questions or issues please communicate.
Please Personal Message me or post on the thread when you need my address.

If you have to drop out, or decide you'd rather not play, please let me know either by private message or on the swap thread.

For INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS; please include a large address label with your mailing address on it, $1 USD or US Stamp equivalent, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight. PM me for my Paypal info.

Here are some pretty tissue box cards I've made to get you ready to up-cycle and beautify those boxes!

Players:

1. Suzi--received
2. VHoneyBee--withdrawn
3. cinlan--received
4. catladybj--on the way
5. pouringdiva--received
6. ThouArtDelyrias--received
7. alrice46-withdrawn
8. kehlenn--received
9. heymaggie--received
10. CastleQueen5--received
11. Vicki Z--received
12. nancyjb--received
13. BigBangMomma--received
14. atilla--withdrawn
15. Allegrae--received
16. amyfaerie--received
17. sillylily41--received
18. Dea1205--received
19. prex79--received
20. Blue Fairy--received
21. ChronicReader--received
22. valentina22--received
23. BlancoLobo--received
24. Betsyg--received
25. katelnorth--received

Last edited:
I'll play! I've already had people saving tissue boxes for me as well as saving them myself .
I've used them for a long time.

Welcome cinlan and catladybj! Sorry for the delay--I haven't been able to log on until now. What do you think about the upgrade?

Ha! My mom thought I was nuts for cutting up the tissue boxes for cards.... little did she know. :D I'm gonna lurk for now, but hope to get back to this one.

Ha! My mom thought I was nuts for cutting up the tissue boxes for cards.... little did she know. :D I'm gonna lurk for now, but hope to get back to this one.

Strivaria, I love this cardboard! I've used it as bases for other cards (totally covered up) as well as recently for handmade postcards.

I think this is right up my alley! I JUST cut up a tissue box that I was coveting on my boss's desk that she gave me!!! It is so pretty though, don't know how I will mess it up, but I'll figure it out!

I just got over a cold and threw the boxes away before I saw this! :( But there is lots of time and I love the theme so I will lurk and see what I can come up with! I love your carousel horse and Ovtober examples, BlueSkyHare! Very inspiring!

I think this is right up my alley! I JUST cut up a tissue box that I was coveting on my boss's desk that she gave me!!! It is so pretty though, don't know how I will mess it up, but I'll figure it out!

Adding your name to the list, ThouArtDelyrias! And, I don't think you'll mess it up! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I just got over a cold and threw the boxes away before I saw this! :( But there is lots of time and I love the theme so I will lurk and see what I can come up with! I love your carousel horse and Ovtober examples, BlueSkyHare! Very inspiring!

Thanks, smallgirl! You can always asks friends and family to save you a box or two.
We recycle, and our recycling truck only comes twice a month, so I always have plenty of time to "recall" cardboard.

Back
Top Bottom