Pretty Tissue Box Background Swap~Due January 18, 2018

I finished a junk journal page last night, using the top of a square tissue box (the part with the oval hole). I will post a photo soon. Do any of you like the "sparkly" boxes?

I finished a junk journal page last night, using the top of a square tissue box (the part with the oval hole). I will post a photo soon. Do any of you like the "sparkly" boxes?

I have not seen any sparkly boxes, and I just came back from checking out two different grocery stores to see what they had available.
One store had the square boxes on sale for 79 cents, so I bought enough tissues to last me the next five years.
I am trying to figure out how to store (keep clean) the tissues, because the boxes are already removed, flattened, and in various stages of ATC creation. LOL!!! ROTFL!

Lurking for now.
All the boxes I find are not that pretty.

Hey, Boots! I didn't think that the one I made with the October poem was very pretty, either. it was just a very light yellow background with light yellow minimalist leaves. But I traced the leaves with orange and red sharpie, did some leaves stamping and added the poem, leaves and acorn to beautify it.
View attachment 189907

If you don't really like the background of the box, let only a bit of it show--that's the important part of this swap-- and beautify the rest! :)

Thinking of you and this swap this morning while blowing my nose. WOndering how many more days before this box is empty?

LOL! I know what you mean! I've cut the ends from a box at work to use, so that you now can see the tissues inside!
Vicki Z has tissues everywhere, too! You can put the tissues in a napkin holder, maybe?? :)

LOL! I know what you mean! I've cut the ends from a box at work to use, so that you now can see the tissues inside!
Vicki Z has tissues everywhere, too! You can put the tissues in a napkin holder, maybe?? :)

If there were only 1 or 2 bundles of tissues from 1 or 2 boxes, perhaps.
BUT I purchased a dozen boxes when they were on sale for 79 cents each, one of each design in stock (thank goodness there were only 12 different designs), removed the tissues, then cut every box of them into ATC blanks.

This made creating the cards for this swap very easy, because I could put the pieces and images on every card I had to see what "POPPED" and what looked only so-so.
But it also gave me 12 bundles of tissue that I now have in my laundry hamper, (which is cloth with a drawstring top) so the tissues are not getting dusty, but my dirty laundry is in a paper bag.

Thank goodness for husbands that understand ATCs, and Athons, and Saving EVERYTHING, including tissues to last until the Apocalypse, and tissue boxes to last ONLY through the next Athon......

Last edited:
Received Vicki Z's wonderfully fun cards yesterday evening (thanks for the hostie!)---the mailman is coming later and later every day now. Maybe he likes working in the dark. :err:

Welcome, atilla! Adding your name to the list now!
Yes, we love tissue box cardboard here!
I also discovered that the folding bottle separators inside a liquor bottle box from the liquor store are a good weight cardboard to use, too!

Back
Top Bottom