Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

THANKFUL FOR.... A thon NOV 13-17

Welcome, This will be the official thread for the THANKFUL FOR art a thon

WHAT - ATART = ALL TYPES OF ART a-thon
    WHEN - Monday November 13th to Friday November 17th
    WHO - Anyone and everyone!
    HOST, Castlequeen5, who is very thankful

The art a thon, has a theme of Thankful for... what are we thankful for...? Put that into your art. I will use some prompts for each day. Go with the prompt on that day or any day or just create art that shows us what you are thankful for. Feel free to create the theme on days that it was not listed. They are just starting points.
    You can play one day or all days. So feel free to create in a theme that works for you.

I welcome all artists, in all types of media, Please feel free to join if you are a digital, or photography artist. You are welcomed here.

You are allowed to do some prep work. Go ahead and go through that bin or box of saved note cards, You know you have them. Cut them into atc backings. Sort out your saved security envelopes. You know you have those too. Find some postage stamps you love or hate. Gesso some backgrounds. Does anyone else have boxes of started backgrounds?

The artists from Australia and Finland will be up and going Saturday before our day starts here in the states. So you can start when they start, and end when your day ends. I love that about the art a thons. You get extra time.

Daily Prompts chosen from the musing of Castlequeen5. I looked up WORDS you can make from the work Thankful. I am adding a word to inspire you daily.

Monday NOV 13th. Lets start out easy
    Friends, Family, Pets WORD FUN

Tuesday NOV 14th.
    Lets move to our community.
    Doctors, teachers, trash collectors postal workers, or places, Starbucks, firehouse, church. WORD UNHAT OR HATFUL

Wednesday, NOV 15th Lets be thankful for YOU
    Create cards about You, your talents, your characteristics, your favorite body part, ummm no we don't want to see that, I was thinking hands, eyes, ears, hair. PG only please, we would be thankful for that. Favorite food, favorite animal, favorite art tool or toy. WORD FLAUNT

Thursday November 16th Let's be thankful for adversity, trials, disease
    Yes, we can even be thankful for trials we go through. They do make us grow. This is the time to put your pain into your art. WORD HALF

Friday, November 17th Lets be thankful for the past, present and future. Many of us have seen some big changes in the world. I leave this theme open to your musing. When this day comes, we can chat about what comes to mind for past, present, future. WORD LUNA

and you know Saturday you will all want to keep going. hahaha, so time to finish up.

General a-thon info (for all ATARTs)

What IS an ATART?
    It’s an All Types of ART marathon where you can create art, made over the same time in each time zone. This thread is going to be our crafting room.

HOW IT WORKS:
    Start creating art when it's time to start, then upload your lovely creations to your Athon gallery and post to the thread. Trading and chatting are going on all the time.
    After all the trading is done move your creations OUT of the Athon Gallery and into their correct Galleries - 'Available ATCs' or 'Mail Art'

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
    When you find a piece of art you would like to trade, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST:
    And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

Please do POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
    From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open.
    1) Go to your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location”.
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    3) Go to your post and hit the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) and then you're done.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/296/small/1_64.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word or letters s m l in the address and change it to 'small' or 's'.

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 11-10-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely idea...beautiful, wise and wonderful list of prompts!
    Am going to try and play on the days I don't work.
    **APC Trade Ad** **Chunky Book Ad**

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ill try to participate! i love the prompts. The greatest part of being happy is being thankful in all circumstances!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love athons, so I hope I will have time to play!

7. Thanks Linda4atc thanked this post
    Likes Linda4atc liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love this theme so will try to play on days off

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    lurking....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad this is a week early. I am going to be gone for about a week during Thanksgiving. I will either have to go easy on my a-thon trading this time or be VERY efficient about filling envelopes as I go. LOL

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm here, but don't know how far I will get as working through the day sometimes makes me tired and cranky,...LOL but I will at least play a little bit...
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is going to take a bit to get used to this site upgrade. How do we view our galleries and move things from available to traded etc? I only see 4 random and the 4 most recent.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    To see your entire Gallery....go to Settings...then to Quick Links...then to My Gallery.
    FLORIDA MEMBERS...SIGN IN PLEASE
    www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16337

14. Thanks Linda4atc thanked this post
    Likes Linda4atc liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    planning to play
    Now hosting: Who are you? (signature cards), Flowers - NOT HD/ HP

Will be moving again in January for radiation then, hopefully, moving in middle of year to our new Forever home. ​fingers crossed

jo.on.the.go is offline going, going, always going...GONE
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking. I don't know how much I will be able to play, but maybe I can make a few cards.

jo.on.the.go is offline going, going, always going...GONE
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw Galzart reply on how to find one's whole gallery. But I have yet to figure out how to just see my "Available for Trade" and "Traded" parts of the gallery, and the handy thing that used to be at the bottom of one's gallery that said how many cards were in each category. Yes, this is taking a little while to get used to.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like a newbie with all the changes. Wait I was still a newbie when the changes hit......and it's still going to take a bit to get used to the new site.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go View Post
    I saw Galzart reply on how to find one's whole gallery. But I have yet to figure out how to just see my "Available for Trade" and "Traded" parts of the gallery, and the handy thing that used to be at the bottom of one's gallery that said how many cards were in each category. Yes, this is taking a little while to get used to.
    Okay in your gallery on the left side of the blue bar it has View Newest . View Popular . Upload . Search
    In the search put your username at top right and search the gallery you want.

21. Thanks jo.on.the.go, Ancient Planter thanked this post
    Likes mrubyjean liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I just bookmarked my Gallery on my computer so I can go there easily without having to navigate the forum.

23. Thanks Seascape131 thanked this post
    Likes Seascape131 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look under the swap gallery button their is a button that says my gallery. Click on it and you are in your own gallery. Their is a command button under the gallery that allows you to move cards or delete them by checking the boxes that are now above your cards.

25. Thanks jo.on.the.go, Seascape131 thanked this post
    Likes mrubyjean, Seascape131 liked this post