Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: THANKFUL FOR.... A thon NOV 13-17

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a really hard time asking for trades. I do put nice comments on my favorite cards. It is nice to know that I am not alone in the too shy to ask category.

Wow everyone you are cranking out a lot of beautiful cards. I am stuck doing homework. Just taking a drool break from the studying.

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda: OHH I have met Lemurkat, she has her own cards, postcards and books now.. and I have several of her cards.. I even did one of her classes at a live meet to learn to draw birds and I did really well..LOL she said so... (snickers)
    Jo.on.the.go you have nothing to worry about your painted cards are delightful. I won't be intimidated so much that I don't ask for a trade.

Whoever said don't take it personally - that's a good statement... BUT I really believe that we shouldn't limit ourselves to just one type of art.. Like Linda I have thousands of cards in lots of albums that not only do I like going through but so does my Mum and other visitors to my house. I can't wait to let my friend Sue who is coming to stay over Christmas with me loose on them, I reckon I can convert her.
    And I am equally in love with the collaged ones as the painted ones... so pat your self on the back and tell yourself you are fabulous because I think you are too...

CastleQueen5 - I SEE THAT MOUSE on that card...LOL

I can't go and make cards yet Jo.on.the.go because I am still at work.. so I will just keep posting comments..LOL
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

3. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go, Linda4atc liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get really shy too! I am OK in the athons or artists I have traded with before, but otherwise I just comment and hope they message me! I will get over it eventually I am sure.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know who you're talking about, CQ, but there is someone whose work I really admired and wanted to trade for and she has in her profile exactly that, she's a painter and will only trade for that. She doesn't care for collage, she says. So I don't ask for trades from her and am cautious about asking other painters (not jo.on.the.go, of course. She already knows I'm her biggest fan! ) I've tried a little painting and drawing myself - jo even gave me some suggestions for how to do it that were really helpful - but I just don't have the knack.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

6. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ChronicReader if you ever want to trade for one of mine.. ask away I am happy to trade and are really really nice.. honest...LOL
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ancient Planter well if she has it in her bio then she has put it out there for all to see... so one shouldn't be offended when one gets knocked back so to speak..LOL

Glad Jo has been sharing her talent... after all this is really what all this is about...

9. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am putting it out there that if anyone every wants a trade with me, weither its HP/HD or a collage.. ask me.. ifs its available its yours..LOL and I have even been known to make a 2nd one if you are really nice to me.....
    Although I am almost to the stage where I won't make a 2nd one for much longer..LOL AND its only if I have the stuff....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Needs to shuddup so someone else can post..LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes Mouseit liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

rejoice available

Rejoice isl in my galleryt
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 11-21-2017 at 03:06 AM.

15. Likes ChronicReader, cats_n_dogs, Mouseit liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying something new. Normally I put all my cards in my gallery. But getting to the availables is kind of annoying now. So I am uploading from my computer. To make it easier to find the posts that have my attachments, I am putting the card names as the post title (can do this in Go Advanced or as a post edit) I am going to remove the traded cards from the title, and put TRADED on the card.

17. Thanks CastleQueen5 thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda your nativity cards are beautiful!
    If I was Christian I would ask to trade !

19. Likes Linda4atc, Amapola liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Simple cards, big problems. LOL I need to play around. It is a rubberstamp I bought a few years ago. My plan was to do an alcohol ink background with it light/white behind the star. But ran into problems. First I have been using photo paper for my alcohol inks because I have stacks of it. But It is not very flexible to work with.
    ~Can't move the ink around,
    ~I want dark silhouettes and light starts so I tried to emboss white stars and the paper started to bubble. There are two small bubbles (flattened out) on the purple card.
    ~ The silhouettes did not stamp solid or dark enough for me so I had to go over them both with a black marker.
    ~The blue background is one I did previously and do not remember what I used. It is not alcohol inks.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    just catching up on the thread and i wanted to comment on the discussion about asking for trades. when i first joined i never would have called myself an artist. over the years i have learned so much from this community. i still feel like a newbie sometimes with so much still to learn. i had to force myself past the fear of asking for a trade. ive only had one person who's negative response to my request bothered me. years later she was the one asking me for a trade. i have never turned down a trade and i never will. someone put time, effort and love into making something and that has value even if its not my style or preferred medium. i have an incredibly diverse collection and i love every one of them. the most incredible thing about this community is the atmosphere of acceptance and encouragement and the willingness of so many to share what they know and teach when they can. i want to do all i can to be part of what makes this such an amazing community. anyway...that's my 2 cents.

and jo.on.the.go...you are still one of my favorite artists! your style inspired my love and fascination with urban sketching. one of my fondest goals is to be able to create a beautiful scene the way you do with just ink and watercolor.

22. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said theweavershand.....

Thanks for that Lindaatc...lol I will keep squeaking....only I am at home now and not making cards....My joints have been aching all day and I wondered why...tonight I realised I had not taken my pain medication last night....so just relaxing to ease the pain til its time for me to take the next lot as I dont believe in taking what I have missed...sorry more than anyone needed to know...lol

jo.on.the.go is offline going, going, always going...GONE
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for the nice things you said about me and my art. I tweeked my profile to delete my comment about preferring hd/hp cards because I am appreciating collage more and more, especially now that I have made a number of collages and I know how difficult and time consuming they are to create.

25. Likes sniisk liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL so I am thinking we are all Thankful for Art, AFA, and friends who understand where we are coming from. Is anybody else making cards?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't read everything... I had to skim through because I'm taking my daughter to the dr and we are there now...

I do have to confess that occasionally I WILL make painted / hd cards that take A LOT of work, and then sometimes I will specify only hd/hp trades in return... But i also realize that a lot of work can go into the mixed media as well...

Now i did make 5 more cards last night but didn't get to upload them before i fell asleep -- but mousie claimed 2 already. . the first two are claimed

Attachment 189759 TRADED
    Attachment 189760TRADED
    Attachment 189761 TRADED
    Attachment 189762

Attachment 189763 TRADED
    Last edited by BekaH; 11-18-2017 at 12:34 AM.

28. Likes mrubyjean, CastleQueen5, cats_n_dogs liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have absolutely NO problem with trading my HP for collages. That said I just don't collect APC's, lol. But anything else...go for it! My collages take WAY more time than HP's. A collage (for me) takes over an hour for the entire process of finding the right images and carefully cutting them out and the assembling them and finishing up (embellishments and all). I can paint a card in 15 minutes or so, that is just because I've had a few decades experience in realism, it is my forte.

I love this site because there ARE so many styles and media represented...AND levels of competence. I've totally loved watching how some of the artists I trade with grow in their art. And all the art is always so good because the artists put their heart's into it!

And here is my first for this athon. On hold for, well, you all know...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Two more ATCs for the Athon

Two more ATCs for the Athon
    Attached Images Attached Images

31. Likes cats_n_dogs liked this post