Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:1 TRADING - DOLL-SHAPED "DOLLS of the WORLD" CARDS

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

1:1 TRADING - DOLL-SHAPED "DOLLS of the WORLD" CARDS

I am setting up this group trade (for 1 on 1 trading) as a kind of "extension" of my recent DOLLS of the WORLD swap. It is a way for those players, and anyone else, to add more dolls and countries to their collection. THIS IS FOR HD/HP DOLLS, but flat embellishment may be included, such as lace, ribbon, rick-rack, sequins, etc. We are not concerned with PC issues here, just having fun creating cute little doll cards, dressed in traditional clothing representing their country. You can make little dolls and post pictures so everyone sees what you have to trade. Be sure to identify the country on your card, front or back. You can also state in your post what countries you might like in return.

These cards are to be cut into a simple "doll shape", measuring no wider than 2 1/2" and no taller than 3 1/2". You can correctly size and use the shape template I will post below, or create your own similar shape (kind of like a fat bowling pin), just as long as it fits into a penny sleeve and meets the measurement requirements.

"Rules"

* All trades are done as private trades, this is not a swap. Let the artist know of your interest by posting here on the thread, or send a PM.
    * No one has to feel obligated to trade with everyone who may ask, but do be kind and tactful with other artists.
    * You may ask an artist to hold a card for you (trade pending) if you have nothing currently available and need a little time to create something they might like in return.
    * Both participants need to understand and agree about the trade. Stay in communication regarding time, mailing, and address issues via PM.

SO LET'S SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO TRADE! MAKE SOME DOLLS OF THE WORLD CARDS AND POST YOUR PICTURES HERE. (I WILL POST MY OWN SHORTLY).
    Now Hosting: 1:1 Trading - Doll-Shaped "Dolls of the World" Cards and Greek Mythology Swap

2. Thanks yonawrites thanked this post
    Likes yonawrites liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the template
    Now Hosting: 1:1 Trading - Doll-Shaped "Dolls of the World" Cards and Greek Mythology Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some sample cards, already traded in my swap, just so you can see how fun they are!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the invite. I do have several sketched out. But I am going away for Thanksgiving and I also have to get a couple IOUs, some houses and more encaustics done. So I will see where the dolls fit in with my muse and schedule.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love to see you back here after Thanksgiving, Linda. I am currently working on about 5 new little dolls to post and trade.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks like so much fun! I will see what I can come up with. The examples you posted are lovely. Great art challenge!
    Maggie Mize🌻heymaggie
    💚💜💛💙🌸🖤🌼💙💛💜💚

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, Maggie! I look forward to seeing them - the swap participants seemed to have fun with them, and some of us decided it would be fun to collect as many "countries" as we could. I may post some of mine soon. At least there is no deadline on this, therefore no hurry, we can just post as we are ready.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few sketched out as well. Thanks for the invite!!
    Rocket Raccoon: Well now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle.
    FKA: Goblin_Giggles, Chrestomancie

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for checking in, Tribble79! I think this will really be fun.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been making some little doll cards to trade and hopefully will be able to post four or five tomorrow. Have to watch my time and be aware of Swap and PAT commitments, why do I tend to over-commit? (These little gals are just too much fun to do!

12. Likes Tribble79 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Cici for sharing this with us!

I'm working on writing up a list for myself right now to see what I want then post it here.... I hope that is okay?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, that sounds fine! Thanks for checking in.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to be open to any country but I have always had a fondness for dark hair so those dolls from countries that have dark hair will probably be my first choice.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Linda, for some reason that request strikes me funny. However, I do think we might just find more "brunette countries" than blonde ones. That's what I'm finding as I create them anyway.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL it is funny but my favorite dolls always had black hair. When I create avatars in games (before I went gray) they always had dark hair, blue hair or sometimes dark red hair. Nothing against blondes, some of favorite people are fair haired, LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes opposites attract too, or you like what you don't have yourself. Because I am blonde, I have always thought brunettes were prettier, and I wanted a little brunette girl who looked like Darla Hood in the "little Rascals". Loved the name Darla too! Now I am the mother of two boys, the grandmother of two boys, and the Aunt of two nephews. And most are blonde.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Not me, I loved that my son looked so much like me. I felt sorry that my sisters son on the surface looked nothing like her. She is very dark and he is very pale and blonde. People rudely hurt her feelings about it a few times because they would rather believe he wasn't hers. But his smile, his laugh were all hers.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my doll sketches.... Several are traded/swapped
    available when colored

see post #41
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 12-01-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to get your Italy when finished. I will also have an Italy available to trade. Will post a pic of her a bit later, along with Burma, Holland, and Venezuela.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to try and upload these for trade. They are HOLLAND, VENEZUELA, ITALY, and BURMA

Holland and Italy are now ON HOLD for ParadoxSketchbook
    Last edited by CiCiCreates; 11-13-2017 at 05:55 PM.

23. Likes heymaggie, atilla liked this post