Media
Swap Due Date - January 23, 2018
Signup/withdraw date - None, just COMMUNICATE
Number of Cards - 3:3 , 6:6
Number of participants - UNLIMITED
Medium -Open Media.
Theme - Lighthouses

dr83mb.jpg

Lighthouses are beautiful, symbolic of hope, gorgeous against a sunset sky or a stormy sea.
I am open to accepting digital or photography as well, providing that you post your cards to the forum first for my approval, and it MUST be your original work. I encourage you post the cards to the thread - Everyone loves eye candy and it helps me to know if your cards are acceptable before you send them, as well, or if you are in doubt. Please only send cards you would be proud to receive and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

RULES / REQUIREMENTS (Please read)

*Please include on the back of your atc your name, AFA username, date and swap details.

*Please include appropriate return postage. If they take more than one stamp to send, please include the same amount to return.

* Best work only please. I try my best to swap effort for effort. Please only send in art you'd be happy to receive

* Please sign up by posting to this thread ONLY, NOT through a PM

* No problem if you have to drop out, but please let me know. No cards and no communication will result in a neutral iTrader... I HATE to do this, but it's only fair to the participants who DO turn in cards on time.

* Each card should be sent in its own plastic sleeve. I CANNOT stress this enough.

* Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards. We can't leave Rep Points if we don't know who you are.

* Please make sure to package your cards to where they arrive safely and undamaged. You would not believe the number of envelopes I have received with sides or tops torn (and this is in individual trades!)

* Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written on.

* USA participants - Please send the same number of stamps to me that it takes to mail your cards. INTERNATIONAL participants - I can accept paypal ($2) or (3) unused US postage stamps or ($2) well concealed US dollars. Please let me know when you are mailing them what method you will be using to pay for return shipping.

* If you must send a LARGE envelope, please include accurate return postage.

* Please allow enough time for your cards to get to me. I plan to swap on time. If cards are not in my hands by January 23, they will be returned to you, using your stamped envelope. I am in TN. If you are in doubt of how long it will take you to get your cards to me, I advise to mail at least 14 days ahead of time.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address.

* Host cards are not required, but definitely appreciated.

****MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun!

PARTICIPANTS:

Returns mailed - Feb 26th
List of players (alphabetized) - names link to posts to give "You Rock!" points
  1. amahler
  2. an.m.sudyka - returns received
  3. ancient_planter
  4. ann_stebbing - returns received
  5. chronic reader - returns received
  6. donnacr
  7. katroush
  8. monica
  9. peacein17 - returns received
  10. pouringdiva - returns received
  11. seascape131 - returns received
  12. sillylily41
  13. suzi - returns received
  14. valentina22 - returns received

*Names of players in colors are those I have received cards from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurking for now. I've photographed a few lighthouses in my time, including that one you've got up there - York, Maine, right? Did that one at sunset the day before Halloween a couple of years ago. Oh, right, there's a lighthouse just off the bluffs a quarter mile from my house, too. Let me see what I can come up with before I sign up; and I'll get your okay on them first if I use my photographs. ;)

peacein17 of course! Glad to have you.

While I'm so very thankful for the RAKs we have received for my grandmother... Unfortunately I do not think she will be able to enjoy them :( she keeps her eyes closed most of the time now, and is growing very weak... My grandad says you can barely understand what she says now.

Please know though, if you do wish to send things, I will at least be sharing them with my daughter, who I'm sure they will still bring a lot of cheer to. She is only 6, and this is the first time She's had too face this...

Thanks again!

Last edited:
peacein17 of course! Glad to have you.

I don't know if anyone has noticed the line i included after the note about HOST CARDS... They are NOT MANDATORY to play in swaps but as always are cherished and appreciated. For this swap, any host cards i DO receive will be gifted to my grandmother, who is ill and receiving hospice care. If you would rather I keep host cards for myself, please let me know. I will understand. Again, they are not MANDATORY to play ❤❤

I will make SURE to do a host card then! Never been in hospice, but many many hospitals so I can imagine she needs some good cheer! I hope she gets better!

ChronicReader, unfortunately... She won't. Hospice care is basically the last step in someone's life -- they stop all life prolonging therapies and basically just focus on keeping the patient comfortable. She gets to stay at home and have a live in nurse, rather than being put into a nursing home. She will have good days and bad days, and they don't give a time limit. They will say the patient could live 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years...

Anyways, I KNOW she will appreciate the good cheer! Thank you so much ❤❤

It is... But, she has suffered long enough. She would struggle just walking to the bathroom, have to stop and catch her breath just from a brief walk. I'm just trying to spread some cheer to her, since we do not know how long she will have. Again, she could be around another 2 years, but I have a feeling it will not be so long. She is a wonderful woman, and while she will of course be greatly missed when she does pass, at least then, she will have peace. We are just using this time to cherish her while we still can.

I am hosting this swap in honor of her, actually. She is a devoted lighthouse collector. ❤❤

Back
Top Bottom