Bah Humbug! Alternative Christmas Swap~Due Jan. 10th

Funny, Vicki! I made my daughter write thank you notes until she was about 10, then, and now, I have her call. :)
And yes, wine and Christmas go so well together, don't they??

Dithespy, I'm mailing my cards on Monday.

Last edited:
I adore your cards, Vicki Z!

Chronic Reader, your incredible cards have arrived! Thank you for the hostie.

I have a Santa bags full of Bah Humbug cards. I have no idea which ones I am sending yet. Some I will just put in my gallery. Ready to be Bah Humbugged?

Ok lets start with my first and favorite card. I bought some new MOUSSE and this is a green shade. I think it is Nuvo brand. I wanted to try this. So I loved how it worked on the edge of this card. I would say mouse is smoother than modeling paste. This jar cost $8.29 but there was a sale so I bought it. Buy one get 70% off. I wanted a stamp set so hey this was worth trying.

LOVE your "first and favorite" card!
He looks so "Bah Humbug", and the little piece of "JOY" ribbon in the corner is perfect!

The two Scrooge cards are FABULOUS!
I don't often use trim on my ATCs, but you do it so well.
I like the second one better.
The first one covers the top of Scrooges' night cap. :0(

Your dog cards are great as well.
I like the second dog in the first set, the one with the green candy cane, the best.
You could trade any of the first four dog cards in the House Shaped House Swap since you can't send all of them in for this swap anyhow.

You are right about the black covering the hat on that scrooge card. I didn't notice that.

You are also right I can add the extra house card into the house swap.

I need one dog and one scrooge for a swap on swapbot. I can send the dog in the gingerbread costume, for that swap.

But I will send My favorite and first for sure for this swap.

I most likely send the flattest ones. Lets see which one the host prefers and I will mail soon.

I've printed out photos that I want to use for this, but still haven't gotten around to making any, so I don't feel ready to sign up. I'm sure I will, I just like to have a few made before I make it official. BTW, our neighbor put up his Christmas lights the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving. To me, that should be against the law!! Bah, Humbug on that! And they must come down on January 1 at the very latest!! (this my husband gets upset with me about, but it's a compromise. i used to say they had to come down Dec. 26 ;) ) I admit, we just went out yesterday and bought the fullest Christmas tree we've ever had, a 6 footer that must be about 5.5 feet fat and extremely bushy! I've also put up greenery all over the place from branches we either cut off from the too bushy tree, or I saw them fallen by the side of the road after storms and stopped to pick them up. I'm sure our real estate agent would be unhappy at how un-HGTV Dream Home - Christmas Edition - our house now looks as it's still up for sale!! :eek: I was trying to keep it classy, but hubby is a little kid where Christmas and his birthday are concerned, so the tree gets decorated with Star Trek (and some Star Wars) ornaments and we've got lots of ticky-tacky decorations around. Somewhere I've got an antique Elf on a Shelf from when I was a kid, but I haven't been able to find it in all the stuff that's packed up and piled up in the garage. Still, come Dec. 26 I'm all Bah! Humbug!! and become the Christmas decorations police to GET THAT STUFF DOWN! So ... I'll get around to making the ATCs, just need some more time. And then I'll sign up.

Love your Scrooge from the old movie cards, CQ! You ARE in a bah humbug spirit!
Ancient Planter, I don't even want to put up our (plastic) tree this year. My art supplies have taken over the dining room, where we usually put the tree. My daughter isn't home much, and it just seems like a lot of effort for three presents under the tree!

I don't think my bag humbug spirit is over, since I feel more cards calling me. I did mail off the DOG in the gingerbread and the bah humbug with the black that looks like it is covering hat, (but it is mesh and shows through), off in a swap bot swap. I plan to mail 3 hum bug cards and I need to think about a hostess card. I am going to put the dog houses in the house swap.
AND I have ONE more dog in a gingerbread man costume. But the back ground will not be the same. Bah Humbug!

Two down, one in the works, and need to think up a 4th... so that means Go Ahead and Sign Me Up!! Hubby works all weekend so I'll be able to work on these. Will post my cards later. ;)

Back
Top Bottom