Kynara

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date – February 1, 2018 - Returns mailed - Feb 5
Signup/withdraw date – January 18, 2018 signups are closed
Number of Cards - 3:3 for each group you sign up for
Number of participants – unlimited
Media – please choose your group, definitions of each group in post #2 (you can choose multiple groups)
NO STICKERS - this is a challenge and stickers make things too easy (and can sometimes look bad).

It's baaaack!

I've done this swap the past three years with great results.
This year I have a whole new list of 50 items!

Here's how it works:
*I have a list of 50 items.
*When you sign up, I will randomly assign you 6 numbers between 1 and 50.
*You will then use those 6 items and make 3 cards. You can use any combination of those 6 items to make your cards. As long as all 6 are somewhere on the three cards! (you can use the items on multiple cards)
Example: three items on the first card, all six on the second card and two on the third card. Make sense?

The challenges are that you don't know what 6 items you will have until you sign up AND you must to make your items work together on your card! example: the seagull could be riding the bicycle past the sundial ;) If your images don't work together, your cards may be returned to you to be redone. In the past I've had too many cards with images just pasted on them with no apparent connection, the random part is the words you get, not how you use them

This will be alot of fun! What can you come up with?

Media limitations: Please don't use stickers as your main image and please don't use loose glitter (glitter pens are ok). Please do not leave the background plain white.

Please note:
- All cards should be the standard 3.5” x 2.5” Please trim neatly.
- Please make cards sturdy. If you wave it and it bends easy, it’s too thin. If using something thin like cardstock or patterned paper, you'll need two layers.
- Please include username and origin (state and/or country) on the back of all cards.
And your list of items used for that card!
If I don't see all 6 of your items used somewhere on the three cards, I will have to return them. :(
- Please only send work you are proud of.
- Original artwork only please (ie. don't photocopy or scan/print your work and send in the printed out artwork.)
- late cards and/or a lack of withdraw will result in a neutral. Please ensure you mail on time.

Postage Requirements:

US - clearly write or type your address in black or blue (not a pastel blue...lol) on a mailing label or piece of paper, your address should be at least 1" x 2" - please do not send envelopes! I prefer using my own envelopes. :)
(no return address labels, they're too small)
3 cards - .49 (forever) or .70 (recommended for MM/collage group)
6 cards - .70 or 2 forever stamps (recommended for MM/collage group)
PM if you have any questions about this
*I return unneeded postage unless told otherwise.
I can also accept Paypal if you prefer that route. PM for Paypal details.

International - clearly write or type your address on a mailing label or piece of paper - I will provide envelopes
3 cards- $1 USD or US Stamp equivalent, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
6 cards - $2 USD or US Stamp equivalent, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
(I love international postage and can sometimes use them for international swaps :cute: )

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. If you post your request for my addy in the thread, I will not see it right away.
I'm still in Dix, IL if you have my addy from a previous swap, but please let me know that you've mailed! (please do not mail to Plainfield, IN, I am no longer there!)

When you receive your returns for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) so I know you're returns have arrived and you rock (rep points) for each card you receive.

Items List: (I will assign your numbers)
1. dashboard
2. scarecrow
3. father
4. bed
5. coat
6. hot dog
7. movie
8. skate
9. swing
10. mirror
11. sponge
12. laundry
13. iron
14. box
15. thief
16. trash can
17. duck
18. t-shirt
19. plant
20. ring
21. bullet
22. apple
23. horse
24. chocolate
25. chimney
26. poison
27. chicken
28. knife
29. picture frame
30. cup
31. cowboy(girl)
32. wagon
33. constellation
34. number (any number)
35. dominoes
36. walrus
37. queen
38. sheep
39. gingerbread
40. girl
41. face (any: human, animal, alien etc)
42. circus
43. light switch
44. ceiling fan
45. pinwheel
46. wheel
47. curtains
48. television
49. goat
50. bee(s)

please feel free to post pictures of your cards when you are finished for inspiration for the rest of us!

Last edited:
Returns mailed - Feb 5

We have three groups to choose from:

HD/HP (Handdrawn/Handpainted) = the usual pencils, markers, paint, any combination of traditional HD/HP media. No glued bits n pieces.
This group will send in and receive HD/HP returns.

1. CiCiCreates (3, 6, 8, 17, 27, 37) - returns received
  2. josiesuelupin (7, 8, 11, 16, 35, 49) - late cards
  3. Marti (2, 8, 17, 20, 31, 35)
  4. prex79 (7, 32, 34, 37, 38, 42) - returns received
  5. pshafe1 (4, 21, 31, 34, 38, 41) - returns received
  6. Wooper (6, 20, 22, 31, 45, 50) - returns received

Mixed Media/Collage/Digital
mixed media = can include things like dimensional paste, gel medium with glass beads or sand etc
collage = paper, ephemera n bits glued/decoupaged onto a background of sorts
digital = creating with a computer program such as photoshop and printing out
This group will send in and receive MM/Collage/Digital returns. (please let me know privately if you don't wish to receive one of the three)

• Dea1205 (10, 11, 19, 23, 31, 48) - returns received
  • electricdesigner (15, 17, 21, 38, 42, 45) - returns received
  • Geonek (1, 8, 10, 24, 42, 45) - returns received
  • pouringdiva (8, 16, 17, 33, 45, 50) - returns received
  • ThouArtDelyrias (4, 25, 26, 28, 46, 49) - returns received

Both = this is for those of you who don't want to limit your returns to the media you sent in. You could send in and receive any of the types listed above.
  • amyfaerie (3, 17, 34, 36, 41, 46) - returns received
  • ann_stebbing (9, 12, 17, 30, 33, 47) - returns received
  • BlueSkyHare (8, 16, 23, 40, 44, 47) - returns received
  • ChronicReader (10, 22, 25, 27, 31, 49) - returns received
  • dithespy (3, 11, 13, 43, 45, 46) - returns received
  • esew123 (2, 16, 20, 34, 35, 49) - returns received
  • heymaggie (15, 20, 30, 32, 44, 49) - returns received
  • JavaZarf (7, 10, 13, 18, 30, 35) - returns received
  • Laffqueen (1, 27, 34, 40, 47, 50) - returns received
  • LeeBeth (6, 8, 17, 21, 41, 43) - account deleted
  • prayer_at_night (1, 3, 6, 11, 32, 43) - no cards, no communication
  • siempie_h (16, 20, 27, 30, 37, 49) - returns received
  • xela7072 (2, 21, 33, 44, 46, 48)
  • zandradee (3, 31, 36, 37, 43, 46) - returns received

Last edited:
Kynara, forgive me, I'm new to this! Could we do 2 items on one card, 2 different on one card, and 2 different on the third card? Or does one of the cards have to include all six?

Welcome Xela, CiCi, Pouringdiva and Dithespy!

CiCi, this is actually the 4th time I've hosted it :lol: it's so much fun seeing what everyone comes up with!

and yes, as long as I can see all six items somewhere on the three cards you make, you can use whatever combination you want. :cute: 2-3-1 (why 1 though, it's boring hehe) or even 4-2-3 (you can reuse the words)

just try to remember to put what words you used for that card on the back of the card. this is so that the recipient knows what you had to use and can be impressed with the clever way you combined them ;)

i'll get y'all's numbers PM'd now! :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom