Band Names Made Visible - Open Media due Feb 1st.

Lily, your cards have arrived! Loved Guns n Roses first album.

They were one of those bands I had picked up on prior to them getting big. Welcome to the Jungle is such a cool song.i was doodling the band's name on my folder in class and I remember the Sub. English teacher (who was actually a cool guy) laughing out loud at their name.

A similar story involved a cataloguer at the library who was retiring. She was glad she was retiring because it was getting too hard to catalog music; she didn't know if the band was called Nine Inch Nails, or Pretty Hate Machine.

I was thinking of doing Guns n Roses, too. Unfortunately, most of the music I love is lead guitarist/soloist type stuff like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ted Nugent, Chet Baker, etc...I still have to think of a couple of more to make.

Wolfmoon - your cards have arrived safe and sound! Thanks so much for the extra!

Indeed - BluSkyHare, when you start thinking about it, there are lots of singers/performers you like, but band names get to be a little harder.

finally! lol finished the last one... ended up using my Lyra Polycolor pencils with solvent instead of my usual watercolors (and chickened out on doing full white for the icing LOL)

it was tough to come up with a favorite song for this band though because i have the whole discography in my itunes and typically listen to all of it on shuffle... i had NO idea what any of the songs were named lol

View attachment 190470

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I93XzY8nRso

packing them up for tomorrow's mail :cute:

Love Both Those Groups!!! I seriously considered both as I started out and am so glad you chose them!!!
Cake just makes me happy. Black Keys I need at certain times... Great, great stuff.

So here's a question: what do you think would be the hardest band name to illustrate? A-ha would be pretty tough, but I'm thinking The The would be a head scratcher. And kajagoogoo. What exactly is a Kajagoogoo ? :err:

Last edited:
I dunno, is it similar to a Chumbawamba? hehe I think that one would be super tough too

some other tough ones: Abba, Depeche Mode, Devo, Husker Du, INXS, R.E.M. ...

that's just from scrolling through my iTunes, which i shouldn't have done because I thought of so many more ideas I could have done. lol

well, with Devo, all you'd have to do is draw one of the red hats... but that doesn't really represent the name. But I believe it's short for devolution, so maybe that could be represented somehow...

So if a Kajagoogoo and a Chumbawamba walked into a bar... who would order first?

Probably the Chumbawamba, 'cause Kajagoogoo's too shy. ;)

BAHAHA so true
Lots of great obscure ideas bouncing around too
Icehouse, Echo & the Bunnymen...

Excited to see more of the cards!

Back
Top Bottom