Cute lovably snails~due FEB 9

see that all the ones Ive received are all hand painted, I would say no.

I may be wrong but it seems like when you said mixed media in the original description that includes collage, and it wouldn't make any difference what medium the other cards are that are coming in, and you did say you didn't want the whole card collaged. It didn't sound like she wanted to do that.
Maybe Bluskyhare meant to use her own artwork as the shell, but even if she's uses fabric or something else for the shell, why would it not qualify?
I'm in lurking mode, but wanted to be sure about this before I start any cards.

Im going to post this again

Glossary of useful ATC / Art terms

Mixed Media - (from About.com) A combination of different painting and drawing materials and methods, rather than only one medium. Any materials can be used, such as pages from magazines, newspaper, photographs, fabric, soil, or packaging to make a collage. Or a mixed media piece can be as 'simple' as using two mediums, such as acrylic paints with pastel on top.

when I say mixed media Im looking for watercolor and pen or colored pencil and paint. Not really collage, but it is part of mixed media so I'm ok with backgrounds. If you look at the first snail I pictured
I color penciled the background on watercolor paper, then on sketch paper I color penciled the snail. I cut the snail out and glued it to the watercolor paper, making it collaging my own art.

Lovin' the Snailvador Dali card, Barkesm! Reminds me of the awesome snail statue you created last year :)

Yes mcgillisj!!!! Seeing your snails in this forum and my Snailvador sculpture are the reasons I joined this swap! He was from 2016. Last year I created a 6 foot fish called "Breakfast at Tiffany's Pond."

View attachment 191865

My cards have gone in the mail but it was when I was catching up with the thread that I realised that I shouldn't even have joined this swap.
Sorry but I read 'mixed media' and thought that my normal style would fit. With moving house and the holidays I have been playing catch-up with swaps. I have sent you 3 cards that are not suitable :(

Can you send them back to me using the money I enclosed? Feel free to keep the Hostess ribbons I included in the envelope.
Please withdraw me from this swap.

If your going to send card please do in the next few days. The due date is next Friday!!

Allso PLEASE ASK FOR MY ADDY. I no longer have PO BOX or Live in Hinckley. WE got a house now. But I did get cards forewarned here, I dont know how long that will happen.

Unfortunately, I need to withdraw. I'm struggling with with being motivated to draw lately. I've been in a collage, mixed media mood lately. I'm disappointed that I'll miss out on the great artwork being posted. Maybe next time...

Back
Top Bottom