Postage Stamp Extending the Scene-HandDrawn/HPainted, Due Jan 27

nightowl_too

arts and crafts supplies junkie
Media
Swap Due Date: Jan 27
Signup: early enough to get your cards to me in time (I’m in the USA)
Withdrawal: let me know
Number of Cards: 3 for 3, or 6 for 6
Number of participants: unlimited
Medium: Original hd/hp with a real postage stamp
Theme: Postage Stamp extending the scene, HandDrawn/HandPainted

See post #7 below for details regarding a prize giveaway that's part of this swap :)

Postage stamps are so fun because they are like little works of art. This is the third time I've hosted this swap and it is one of my favorite themes. For this swap, we will use a postage stamp, and then extend the scene. In other words, we will hand draw and hand paint a scene that is an extension of the stamp's picture. The stamp should remain in it's original entirety, without being trimmed or cut in any way. The real fun is seeing if you can make the stamp almost disappear into the scene. You may color onto the stamps white border but no further onto the stamp, and do not cut the white border/edge off of the stamp.

This will be for original hand drawn hand colored ATCs with a genuine postage stamp only (No added embellishments) Please do your best work that you would be proud of and that you would be happy to receive. And those of you who know me already know nothing sad, scary or “dark” in mood.

One hint I have for getting used stamps off of their envelopes is to soak them in warm water. Stamps with the newer adhesives can usually be gently coaxed off of the paper this way. Stamps with the older style lickable adhesive will usually just float off the paper. Then blot dry with a paper towel and weight them down under a paper towel with books for a bit to get them nice and dry and flat. Put wax paper under the sticky side so that it doesn't re adhere to anything.

In summary
-You would need to send original hand drawn hand painted (or markers or colored pencil etc) ATC’s extending the scene depicted in a real postage stamp, of proper size (2.5” x 3.5”) protected in plastic sleeves

-Include your name, date, media used, username and any other info you’d like on the back of your cards.

-include your return address. Adhesive address label is optional, but not necessary.

-Postage: US participants, please include one unused forever stamp.
International participants, please include either one US dollar, or one unused US postage stamp, or if you don't have that, I will cover your return postage.

-I will provide the return envelopes

-PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards. (If you already have it, it's still the same)

Examples done by me:
1_IMG_4201.JPG
1_Bee_stamp_scene.jpg
1_My_Finland_Easter_basket.jpg

***Posting your finished cards to this thread makes it lots of fun and inspiring. We’d all love to see the eye candy and hear your thoughts regarding your cards.***

(r) = cards received by host
(rec'd) = returns received by participant

The lovely participants :wubclub:
1. Smallgirl (r) (rec'd)
2. dithespy (r) (rec'd)
3. Monica (r) (rec'd)
4. ann_stebbing (r) (rec'd)
5. esew123 (r) (rec'd)
6. (withdrew)
7. sarat (r) (rec'd)
8. OldsLady1992 (r) (rec'd)
9. siempie_h (r) (rec'd)
10. ohnickie (r) (rec'd)
11. Wooper (r) (rec'd)
12. (withdrew)
13. (withdrew)
14. Sheila (r) (rec'd)

Last edited:
Welcome Smallgirl and dithespy! I haven't had a lot of computer time today but i do plan on posting some past examples to maybe generate some more interest. I love this type of art! :)

I forgot to include this in my first post (hard to believe - lol) but.....I am going to have another prize giveaway for this swap! Whoot whoot! :jiggy:

Each participant that sends in cards for this swap will be entered into a drawing. At the end of the swap I will use a random number generator to pick a winner. That winner will win a packet of stamps from my collection (some of my duplicates) to use for their art or to save in their own stamp collection. Some will be cancelled stamps some will be unused but collectible in nature (for saving or arting, not postage please). Just a little something to add a little extra fun to the swap.

How. Cool. Is. That.

Now, if you are really not interested in any more stamp-y goodness (maybe you are up to your ears in stamps as it is, or just are not into collectible stamps or whatever) just send me a PM to say you don't want to be in the drawing. Not a problem. Otherwise you will be included.

:wubclub:

Last edited:
ohhh...you're quick Smallgirl! Great cards! That flower stamp you used is one of the same set of love stamps I used for my example. I liked them because the stamp is colored all the way to the edge and the flower itself is such a nice bold shape. Great penguin card also. That penguin stamp was a real nice one to use.

And welcome Monica, another stamp lover!

ohhh...you're quick Smallgirl! Great cards! That flower stamp you used is one of the same set of love stamps I used for my example. I liked them because the stamp is colored all the way to the edge and the flower itself is such a nice bold shape. Great penguin card also. That penguin stamp was a real nice one to use.

And welcome Monica, another stamp lover!

Yes, I love the penguin stamp! I often send one with my global forever stamp for collage swaps to make it non machinable. It's great because then I get them back to use on ATCs :)

Back
Top Bottom