Media
Swap Due Date: February 9, 2018
Signup/Withdraw Date: February 9, 2018
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
Vinegar Valentines/Snarky Valentine Sayings: Due February 9, 2018

RETURNS SENT 2/13

Did your birthday get over-looked in the hussle of Thanksgiving?
Did Santa bring you you a 7 speed, 6 color, multi gear, speed boat that HE wanted, and NOT the string of pearls YOU wanted? (or did YOU get the sting of pearls SHE wanted, and NOT the 7 speed, 6 color, multi gear speed boat that YOU asked Santa for?)
Did your Special Someone NOT get your message?

Now-a-Days termed "Vinegar Valentines", or "Snarky Valentines", or "Unhappy Valentine Gift Payback",
you can make ATCs to get your bloody heart pumping with this whimsical take on the lovelorn or the love-torn.

I love Valentine’s Day and all that sentimental mush, but, sometimes, I'm just not in the mood.
Often the broken hearts, dark art, found poetry, cranky comments, and general jabs, can be much more interesting.

Make your Vinegar Valentines with a twist on happy, cheery, and bright. Make fun of your one time boyfriend/girlfriend. Get back at the jerk who forgot about you, and bought himself a new, custom made, rifle; with a super, duper, pricey, long range, scope; and a raw wool, lanolin drenched, self lubricating rifle sleeve;, but didn’t have enough funds remaining to buy you a valentine card. Tell your ex how much you “miss” him/her. Your ATCs don’t have to be morbid or bitter...but they certainly can be. If in doubt, you can use your "Bah Humbug" moments left over from Christmas.....
It would be lovely to use red or pink cardstock, or add a heart, just be certain to give your cards a VALENTINE spin, but this is not mandatory.

This is an open style swap. Do mixed media, hand drawn, hand painted or some combination. Go wild. Have fun. Be creative. Use your sass!

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve
* All cards need to be standard atc size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper)
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything! We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (often called a #10 Business Envelope in the United States). Due to the nature of Valentines, and the fact that they tend to be heavy and/or bulky, please include the same amount of postage on your return envelope as it took to mail the cards to me.

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps or dollar bills, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will also provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Do not make your ATC too thin. If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box. Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Because of the nature of Valentines, and the embellishments that are often added, be careful of the bulk and weight of your ATC. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by February 6, 2018. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itraders are given when cards are received. Returns will be mailed promptly.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants:
Vinegar Valentines, Due February 9th:

*/. livia - NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION - Not on line since December
rn1. Marti - it - Cards Received 02/02
*2. SpottedCrow - it - Cards Received 1/19
3. Fandanie - it - Cards Received 02/02
*4. CastleQueen5 - it - Cards Received 02/02
*5. JenUrebel - it - Cards Received 1/26
*6. Wolfmoon - it - Cards Received 02/09
*/. Lu*0 - NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION
*7. Boots - it - Cards Received 1/13
8. silylilly - it - Cards Received 1/15
9. art_junkie - it - Cards Received 1/02
*10. locatray - it - Cards Received 1/02
*11. grrrdjules - it - Cards Received 02/09 * CANADA
*12. Ancient Planter - it - Cards Received 1/19
*13. Vicki Z - it - Cards Received 1/13
*//. catladybj - WITHDREW
*14. Linda4atc - it - Cards Received 02/09

*INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Keep It Up

My first card.. going to take my time ,tons of ideas.
But I wanted to make sure I was on the right path ?

Napkin background, image from a book, flowers from a trade, gelatos,glitter gel pens

Back
Top Bottom