Inspirational Paint Chips Swap, Open Media, Due January 29, 2018

Good morning everyone!! Hope you are having a great day so far. I am finished with all my backgrounds and working on my quotes now!! I hope I can post some of them. I can't wait to see what you have created.

I love them!!!!

I am going have go find that Dutch Boy chip!!!

We had rain and snow overnight, and there are BLIZZARD WARNINGS to the north.
It is too cold, windy, and icy to drive, so I am creating......

My first two Inspirational Quotes are from Eleanor Roosevelt.
She has some very AWESOME quote-able, quotes.

View attachment 190427
"A Woman is like a tea bag -- you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water"
Paint Chip -- "Cup of Tea" --- Tea Green

View attachment 190428
"The future belongs to those who believe in the Beauty of their Dreams"
Paint Chip -- "Inspiration Chip"
Honest, that is the name of the "Dutch Boy" Color Paint Chip
Another FAB Eleanor Roosevelt Quote

I haven't started quite yet, BUT I have a tiny basket full of paint chips so I don't think I'll have to go out to get any!

Don't you think I could start with a quote I like and get the paint chip to match? No I think start with the chip is a smarter way to go. I have a drawer of paint chips.

Ok but could you see me finding a Lincoln quote and finding a copper penny paint chip? I can dream.

Don't you think I could start with a quote I like and get the paint chip to match? No I think start with the chip is a smarter way to go. I have a drawer of paint chips.
Ok but could you see me finding a Lincoln quote and finding a copper penny paint chip? I can dream.

I have a "copper" paint chip.
I already mailed your cat house card, or I could have sent it to you.

Lincoln car manufacturers have "Lincoln Touch Up Paint".
Maybe that would work.

And I have a brown paint chip called "Abraham", I think for Abraham Lincoln's log cabin, but even if I am wrong, it would make a good connection!

Love being helpful!

That sounds like an awesome idea!!
I have a "copper" paint chip.
I already mailed your cat house card, or I could have sent it to you.

Lincoln car manufacturers have "Lincoln Touch Up Paint".
Maybe that would work.

And I have a brown paint chip called "Abraham", I think for Abraham Lincoln's log cabin, but even if I am wrong, it would make a good connection!

Love being helpful!

How is everyone coming along? I have backgrounds done for your personalized ATC and half have quotes already.. I will start on my actually set on Sunday!!!

Went through my paint chip stash and my mom's too! Found some good colour names but they are by Behr, so they have multiple shades on one chip, in rows. I will have to decide whether to cut them individually by row or use them all together.

I actually googled Copper Penny Paint chip, just to see if there was such a thing. Valspar makes a paint color like that. I don't think I ever nabbed one from Lowe's but I live in a big city. I can find a Copper penny paint chips Lowe's and Home depot are 3 blocks apart from each other. One on one side of the freeway and one on the other. I tend to go to Lowe's even though I have to cross the freeway to get to it. Traffic can be jammed up at certain times of the day.

Then 3 miles north of here is a Ace Hardware. All 3 sell Valspar. I think I have to make a Lincoln card now.

I googled some ideas and one of them had a 3 color chip cut up in cute designs. I will definitely be trying that.

Went through my paint chip stash and my mom's too! Found some good colour names but they are by Behr, so they have multiple shades on one chip, in rows. I will have to decide whether to cut them individually by row or use them all together.

Too funny!! I hate traffic but I try to visit as many different locations of HD, Lowes and Walmart because they something have different things.

I actually googled Copper Penny Paint chip, just to see if there was such a thing. Valspar makes a paint color like that. I don't think I ever nabbed one from Lowe's but I live in a big city. I can find a Copper penny paint chips Lowe's and Home depot are 3 blocks apart from each other. One on one side of the freeway and one on the other. I tend to go to Lowe's even though I have to cross the freeway to get to it. Traffic can be jammed up at certain times of the day.

Then 3 miles north of here is a Ace Hardware. All 3 sell Valspar. I think I have to make a Lincoln card now.

Excellent, I forget about Ace. They are small in my area so usually don't stop there. I may have to make a stop the next time. :idea:
Hubby went into Ace Hardware yesterday to get some weird bulb he had trouble finding elsewhere, and I checked out the paint department.
They had some cool stuff there! Usually I go to HD or Lowe's so now I have some new colors!

I've finished one card--the color name is "lilac & frost". It's a very light lilac color. It's a Sherwin Williams, so there were two colors on the chip. I cut it out with scalloped scissors and pasted it onto a taupe and white background.
Several years ago I found extra large chips at Lowes. They are Behr premium plus ultra. Don't know if they still have them. I'm going to use one named "french rose".

That sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to see!!!
I've finished one card--the color name is "lilac & frost". It's a very light lilac color. It's a Sherwin Williams, so there were two colors on the chip. I cut it out with scalloped scissors and pasted it onto a taupe and white background.
Several years ago I found extra large chips at Lowes. They are Behr premium plus ultra. Don't know if they still have them. I'm going to use one named "french rose".

Back
Top Bottom