December 2017 Pick-A-Theme, due Feburary 17, 2018

xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date – February 17, 2018
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the December 2017 Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I want no confusion regarding the due date this time so please note the due date is February 17, 2018. This is a firm date. No waiting this PAT for late cards no matter what the reason. I will be trading out the cards after my mail comes on February 17, 2018. After that I will be getting ready to leave town with no time to play with cards and will be gone past the 90 days so waiting for late cards will not happen, so please do not ask! Even though there will be someone around to bring in the mail I assure you they know nothing about swapping out PAT cards and I am much to busy to take the time to teach them.

With that being said...............In almost every PAT there have been due date problems so.......... I strongly suggest not waiting until the last week or two before the due date to mail cards in case life or sickness or weather or the postal system or something I did not think of or mention causes problems. None of those situations are fun for me or you so consider getting them made and mailed to me ASAP as failure to have cards to the host by the due date can result in up to 5 negative iTraders.

Please notice there is a specific group for APCs. If it fills quickly and there is need for a 2nd one I may change one of the other groups if they are not as popular!

General Information:

~ This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO Bulky embellishments (If you think it is to bulky don't use it)
~ Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before February 17, 2018 . I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out some way.

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes!)

~ Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are real people, characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but always appreciated!

**** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do.

Mailing Information:

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. As for postage I think since there are at least 4 cards it is a good idea to put .70 on the envelope, either a forever stamp and .21 or .70 in stamps. If you want to do it for a forever stamp or .49 you can though, your choice! If you are in 2 groups you really need .70!

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label or address printed clearly on a piece of paper. I will supply envelopes to save you a little bit of postage! A dollar bill or US stamps are appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining the fun.

Last edited:
Group 1 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Theme
1. Essy – Robots
2. ann_stebbing – Lillies
3. lazyshadows – Whimsical Girl of any Theme (any girl/lady or a fantasy female, like a mermaid or fairy)
4. BexMadeMe –A Whimsical Girl and Her Dog
5. prex79– Cows

Group 2 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Theme
1. ann_stebbing – Mushrooms or Toadstools
2. BexMadeMe – A Fairy in the Garden
3. CiCi Creates – Fancy Pink and Red Valentine
4. dithespy – Birds
5. NatashaMay – Foxes Wearing Winter Hats

Group 3 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Theme
1. BArox818 – African Grey Parrot
2. plumhill2001 - Mushrooms or Toadstools
3. NatashaMay – A Girl with her Fox
4. yonawrites - Girl/Woman Wearing a Fancy Hat
5. sweetgypsy – Whimsy Girl with Purple Hair

Group 4 - Any Media (HD/HP/Collage/Digital/Photo/Fabric) ~ Regular Theme
1. plumhill2001 – Old English or Irish Cottages
2. ChronicReader – Dogs
3. BArox818 – Clowns
4. pouringdiva – Hearts
5. Allegrae – Any Famous Volcano

Group 5 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. ChronicReader – The Movie Corpse Bride by Tim Burton (cards)
2. prex79 – Pride and Prejudice (cards)
3. dithespy – Vintage Person (cards)
4. CastleQueen5 – NON USA Postage Stamp with a Bird on it (cards)
5. smallgirl - Woman on a Postage Stamp (cards)

Group 6 - Collage ~ Regulas Theme
1. stephiedee – Space
2. ferretgirl – Anything to do with Apples
3. CastleQueen5 – Sunflower/Christmas Pine Tree (a Christmas/Pine Tree decorated with Sunflowers)
4. Fandanie - Hearts
5. TSMarie –Alice in Wonderland (using original John Tenniel illustrations)

Group 7 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. Pikkis –Classic Hollywood Movie Star (cards)
2. katelnorth - Mermaids (little more info about her mermaids) (cards)
3. smallgirl - Inspired by a Jules Vern Novel (nothing from movies, please) (see more info here) (cards)
4. pouringdiva –Pink Theme – any card
5. AllegraeJuana Inés de la Cruz - any card

Group 8 - Collage ~ Regular Theme
1. katelnorth - Dragonflies
2. Ancient Planter – Crows, Chickadees or Hummingbirds
3. TSMarie – Ireland
4. ThouArtDelyrias – Butterfly (ies)
5. Amapola – Found Poetry (Question & Answer about theme)

Last edited:
It has been ages since i last joined one of your PAT swaps!

Group one for me please,

Whimsical girl of any theme!It can be any girl /lady or a fantasy female, like a mermaid or a fairy. Hope i am not asking too much ;)

I would like group 5,

I am person 4 in group 5.

I would like a NON USA postage stamp with a bird on it.
P1 8 of heart
P2 8 of clubs
P3 8 of diamonds
P5 8 of spades.

and group 6 A sunflower Christmas/pine tree. So a Christmas/ pine tree decorated with sunflowers.
if you think this is too hard, you can move me to group 8.

Last edited:
I'd like a spot in Group 4. Theme: Old English or Irish cottages

Woo hoo! Am I first? Yeah!

Yes you are! If there was a prize for 1st you would get it!

It has been ages since i last joined one of your PAT swaps!

Yes it has! Good to see you back!

Group 1, if there's still room, and group 5. I'll be back with themes.

Yes there is. You get the last spot..........

I would like group 5,

I am person 4 in group 5.

Thank you. That makes it easier for the next player..........

and group 6 A sunflower Christmas/pine tree. So a Christmas/ pine tree decorated with sunflowers.
if you think this is too hard, you can move me to group 8.

Sounds easy to me.............Draw a pine tree and put some sunflowers on it! I think I could stitch one of those............

Ok, everyone to here has been added to my behind the scene list where I keep track before I edit post 2!

Going to try and get the post updated now. Until I do hopefully this will help.............

Group 1 - full
Group 2 - 1 left
Group 3 - 5 left
Group 4 - 3 left
Group 5 - 1 left
Group 6 - 2 left
Group 7 - 5 left
Group 8 - 5 left

If all of something is full and there is still enough interest in it I can change another group that is empty so please let me know.

I am thinking another APC group maybe???????????????

For group 1, I'd like cows for my theme. For group 5, Pride & Prejudice
P1: 7 of hearts
P3: 7 of clubs
P4: 7 of spades
P5: 7 of diamonds

Back
Top Bottom