December 2017 Pick-A-Theme, due Feburary 17, 2018

My theme for group 7 is "Classic Hollywood Movie Star" and the suits and numbers are: P2 - 5 of hearts, P3 - 10 of spades, P4 - 5 of diamonds and P5 - 4 of clubs.

Plumhill: Was that for me? Yes, I'm aware its open media and hand painted is fine... I've also seen some pretty amazing collage clowns (and I'm sure other media will turn out great too) didn't want to limit my options for this subject... Artist choice ;)

No, I was just asking in a general way. I've been trying collage and not really liking my results, so I think I'll go back to my old familiar HD/HP. ;)

Plumhill: Was that for me? Yes, I'm aware its open media and hand painted is fine... I've also seen some pretty amazing collage clowns (and I'm sure other media will turn out great too) didn't want to limit my options for this subject... Artist choice ;)

Golly, hmmm. Ancient Planter has requested a space in that group since you posted this, but her theme isn't challenging, so I guess you could still change it. The question is just do I have time for two groups. I've got some holiday coming up over Christmas but Christmas is notoriously busy and my mum is here....

Ok, yes, I think I would be ok with two groups - I don't have any other major committments I can't back out of, lol. So if you change Group 8 to regular themes, I will have a space in that group as well.

Themes to follow shortly.

katelnorth if i made the group 8 collage group regular theme instead of challenging would you want to join it?

Okey doke - Group 7 (APC group) - my theme will be mermaids. This is a brand new deck for me, so in order to make things easy for you guys to use up cards, I'll just ask the following:

Player 1 - any heart
Player 2 - me
Player 3 - any diamond
Player 4 - any club
Player 5 - any spade

(If you can let me know which card you'll be making, I can update my APC ad, which would be helpful)

If anyone wants more guidance, I'll just say that in general I prefer dark, mystical, realistic (if mermaids can be realistic) to cute or cartoony ones, but honestly, it's your choice - please go with what you feel you can do well!

Group 8, if it changes to regular themes, my theme will be dragonflies. If you don't change it, I don't think I'll take a place - not sure I'm up to "challenging" over the Christmas holidays!

My theme for Group 7 is a card inspired by a Jules Verne novel (nothing from movies, please)-Jules Verne was a French Science Fiction writer of many classic adventures such as 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Around the World in 80 Days, Five Weeks in a Balloon and From the Earth to the Moon.

Player 1- 8 of hearts
Player 2- 8 of clubs
Player 3- me
Player 4- 8 of diamonds
Player 5- 8 of spades

Xstitcher, if you think this theme is too difficult, please let me know and I can change it. Thanks.

iI am much to tired to deal with this tonight but.....................

group 3 will remain challenging theme as there has been a request

and

group 8 will change to regular theme as only requst so far fits it.

tomorrow i will get caught up.............

iI am much to tired to deal with this tonight but.....................

group 8 will change to regular theme as only requst so far fits it.

tomorrow i will get caught up.............

In that case, I'll go ahead and take a space in group 8 with a theme of dragonflies. Thanks MaryAnn for organising!

Kate

p.s. Smallgirl - have noted your 2 of diamonds; your mailbox is apparently full as I wasn't able to pm you.

Thanks a lot xstitcher for making a new APC-group :)! I will get to my theme and cards later in the evening...

You're welcome! Glad it workied out............

I will send you some, I have many. I will send it with a CRRR

That is so nice of you! Thanks.

Golly, hmmm. Ancient Planter has requested a space in that group since you posted this, but her theme isn't challenging, so I guess you could still change it. The question is just do I have time for two groups. I've got some holiday coming up over Christmas but Christmas is notoriously busy and my mum is here....

Ok, yes, I think I would be ok with two groups - I don't have any other major committments I can't back out of, lol. So if you change Group 8 to regular themes, I will have a space in that group as well.

Themes to follow shortly.

It is going to be regular theme because Ancient Planter's theme falls into regular.

So Welcome katelnorth!

My theme for Group 7 is a card inspired by a Jules Verne novel (nothing from movies, please)-Jules Verne was a French Science Fiction writer of many classic adventures such as 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Around the World in 80 Days, Five Weeks in a Balloon and From the Earth to the Moon.

Xstitcher, if you think this theme is too difficult, please let me know and I can change it. Thanks.

I think it is ok. It in an any theme group and you are not asking for a specific person but something from one of Jules Verns novels,

Everyone to this point that has asked for a spot has it.

Now this is what is left................

Group 3, HD/HP Challenging Themes - 4 spots
Group 8, Collage Regular Themes - 3 spots

Tell your friends and let's get this PAT filled

Xstitcher, will have themes to you later today. My mom is recovering from surgery, so I’ve been away from my phone. She’ll be fine!

Back
Top Bottom