Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DECEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile DECEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Deadline to sign up: December 7 (we are closed to new sign ups this month, catch us next month)
    Mail out (try to mail by this date): December 22
    Deadline: December 30
    Open Theme
    Open Medium on 5x7 canvas board

New-ish wording is in blue.

This is a quick turnaround paired partner swap! But, since this a monthly activity, you could plan ahead in your mind or even create some canvases up for the future to then chose from. Just a thought.

Rules, rules, everyone likes rules....Players have the 1st thru 7th of the month to come to the thread and say, "I'd like to play". If you participated in the previous month's canvas board trade, you will not be allowed to sign up for this months trade until you have mailed your canvas for the previous month. Once the partners list is posted, there is no withdrawing. In order to participate you must have no negative iTraders in the past 6 months, and no neutral iTrader in the past 3 months.

Partners will be posted on December 7th just after midnight (going into early AM the 8th my time). It’ll be your responsibility to PM your partner for their address. Theme will be up to the artist but I suggest looking at your partners profile to try to avoid themes they don't like.

Due Dates: Your canvas should be received by your assigned partner by December 31.
    I strongly suggest that you PM your partner, or post in this thread, the date that you mail your canvas. That way, any delay from that point on will be considered the fault of the postal service and will not be attributed to you. If something unexpected happens and you are unable to meet this deadline then you must communicate through private message to you partner, explain the delay and arrange a new postal deadline. If your partner does not receive your canvas by the last day of the month and you have not communicated to them your mail out date then you will receive a negative iTrader.

*When you receive your canvas please post a picture here in the thread so we all can admire it.* (this is very important ) But don't post a pic of your canvas until your partner receives it.

The canvas board: Your art must be created on a 5x7 Canvas Art Board. You can find these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Dick Blick, etc. Coat your finished canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to protect it during it's journey through the mail. I suggest more than one coat. I personally, for example, use several coats of Golden brand Polymer Varnish with UVLS (UltraViolet Light Stabilizers) or the comparable Liquitex brand.

Mailing: The canvases may be mailed out "Naked" or in an envelope. Some of the canvases have been getting scratched in the mail. Some like the thrill or the economy of mailing their canvas naked and they may still do so. Others who decide they would prefer to mail their canvas in an envelope may do so. That decision will be left to the players. If you are an international player or your partner is an international player it is advisable to send it in an envelope or box.

Postal Costs: In mailing these canvases within the U.S. I have always put $2.45 worth of postage on the envelope and dropped it in a mailbox. To my knowledge my canvases have all arrived successfully with no issues. From my interpretation of the postal rates buried in the info at the U.S. postal services website documents, $2.45 is the proper rate for the weight and shape of these canvases. Be aware that the cost for postage to mail one of these canvases from the U.S. to another country will be higher. Think in the range of $7 up to even $15 depending on the country and even the postal worker that waits on you.

Canvas received by the last day of the month = positive iTrader point.
    If you do not receive your canvas by the last day of the month and you have not been notified by your partner of their mail out date or agreed to an alternate mail out date, please leave a negative iTrader point.

And remember, please, leave iTrader points ONLY for your trading partner, not for me the host.

Who's in:

1. ChronicReader
    2. OldsLady1992
    3. Kynara
    4. Seascape131
    5. aginghippychic
    6. Fandanie
    7. Barkesm
    8. synjin
    9. SunTrade
    10. plumhill2001

People willing to do a second board (be assigned to two partners) in case of an odd number of participants:

The partner pairings:
    (r)=canvas received by participant
    (m)= participant has indicated in the thread that they have mailed their canvas For the sake of clarity and being mindful of the unexpected, I will only update you with an "m" if you say that you have mailed, but not when you say that you plan to mail (i.e. "I plan to mail tomorrow" etc)

Fandanie - Barkesm
    plumhill2001 - Kynara
    aginghippychic (m) - synjin
    Seascape131 (m) - ChronicReader
    OldsLady1992 - SunTrade
    Last edited by nightowl_too; 12-13-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up please

Kynara is offline Heavily caffinated for the safety of others
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in, sign me up please.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up.
    Anyone interested in trading Christmas tree cards? PM me if so!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in. Sign me up please

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up! Thank you!!
    ☆**..**☆

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to play.
    Art is a demanding Mistress.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add me please!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to sit out this month. I'm behind on several projects due to being sick last month and have a two week training thing coming up, so I'm limiting December projects.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for checking in Trina LD. December can be pretty busy that's for sure.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up if it's not too late!

I was hanging back, not sure if I wanted to jump in this month. But I've done all my Christmas shopping and I'm pretty much caught up on swaps, so let's give it a try!

I had a colonoscopy today (good report!) and that's kind of been my focus for the last few days. Now I'm relieved all is well.
    "The everlasting God is your place of safety,
    and his arms will hold you up forever... ."
    ~ Deuteronomy 33:27 ~

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here we are for December...

Fandanie - Barkesm
    plumhill2001 - Kynara
    aginghippychic - synjin
    Seascape131 - ChronicReader
    OldsLady1992 - SunTrade

Not a bad turn out for a December.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    GAH! I missed it! LOL. Ah well, next month. I should set a reminder on my phone or something...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello My dear friends,

I will hopefully resume my canvas trading next month. It has been a very difficult month for my family. Next week is my granddaughters heart surgery and then after Christmas we have to fly to eastern Canada to be with a family member who is dying of lung cancer. Nevertheless, it is Christmas and I've put up a small tree in the living room decorating it with artwork from the peeps here at AFA as well as the paper cut Christmas ornies from my Danish relatives. Life remains to be good albeit challenging at times.

I do hope all of you have a very blessed and warm and cozy Christmas season with friends and family.
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

21. Thanks SunTrade, aginghippychic thanked this post