Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Picasso-inspired Swap (Hand drawn/painted ATC swap): Due February 9, 2018

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohnickie--Your outstanding art arrived today. Love the designs and concepts.Thanks for the HUGE supply of ephemera.
    Come and play in my "Inspired swap: Georgia on my mind-Georgia O'keefe: Due date March 29, 2019

Bluesky is offline I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mailed cards on Monday past.

3. Thanks sarat thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A big delivery of wonderful art. I am doing my happy dance.

Karenr: Wowee!! Love what you created. His guitar art has inspired me too. And the postcard that came with them is hilarious. Thanks for the hostess card of my choice.

Bluesky--You knocked it out of the park again. Great designs and colors. Thanks for the hostess card. Will be hard to choose.
    Come and play in my "Inspired swap: Georgia on my mind-Georgia O'keefe: Due date March 29, 2019

5. Likes karenr liked this post
    redplantlady is offline “Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 Dog and ball after Picasso (1)comp.jpg 1_2_woman_in_a_mirror_after_Picasso_comp.jpg 4 face after Picasso comp.jpg 3 circus boy with dove after Picacsso comp.jpg

Here are my Picassos, which will go as soon as I get Sarat's address. There are 4 - 3 swaps and a hostess card. I have loved this swap, you really learn how the artist works!
    I am so so very sorry for cutting it fine, but Mum died on Xmas Day and life has been pretty awful as I have had to arrange everything and sort out the will
    If they are too late, please keep them Sarat -
    Last edited by redplantlady; 01-29-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your art pieces. I am so glad you got to play and were inspired. I sent you my address and hope you can get them out ASAP. I think they will get here.

Quote Originally Posted by redplantlady View Post
    1 Dog and ball after Picasso (1)comp.jpg 1_2_woman_in_a_mirror_after_Picasso_comp.jpg 4 face after Picasso comp.jpg 3 circus boy with dove after Picacsso comp.jpg

Here are my Picassos, which will go as soon as I get Sarat's address. There are 4 - 3 swaps and a hostess card. I have loved this swap, you really learn how the artist works!
    I am so so very sorry for cutting it fine, but Mum died on Xmas Day and life has been pretty awful as I have had to arrange everything and sort out the will
    If they are too late, please keep them Sarat -

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    evemiller: Your fantastic art arrived today from Down Under (haha). Love them.Super designs and colors. Thanks for the hostess card and extras. The Australian stamps are beautiful too.

IamRachel is offline embracing the journey of a creative life
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your cards, Amerasu!
    It's not just about creativity, it is about the person you're becoming while you're creating. ~Charlie Peacock

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    There have been such wonderful cards created for this swap. Great job by everyone!
    I went a totally different direction. When I was researching Picasso's art for inspiration, I was really struck by the simplicity and beauty of his line art. They were just so gorgeous to me with the black lines on white background. I gave a little twist by adding color.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not just about creativity, it is about the person you're becoming while you're creating. ~Charlie Peacock

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRachel View Post
    There have been such wonderful cards created for this swap. Great job by everyone!
    I went a totally different direction. When I was researching Picasso's art for inspiration, I was really struck by the simplicity and beauty of his line art. They were just so gorgeous to me with the black lines on white background. I gave a little twist by adding color.
    I like them. It looks like you drew the line without lifting your pencil off the paper.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only a little over a week and I will get to swap out the cards.I love it when I spread all the art out on my table.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried on my practice ones, but it’s harder than you’d think. It has really inspired to look at things and think about how I would draw it with one line without raising my tool.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would I be able to join if I mail them asap in the morning? I'm in the US...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are the cards I made, tried to do a variety of styles, blue period, black and white, line drawing and a portrait.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amee.burton View Post
    Would I be able to join if I mail them asap in the morning? I'm in the US...
    Go for it!!!

17. Likes amee.burton liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amee.burton View Post
    These are the cards I made, tried to do a variety of styles, blue period, black and white, line drawing and a portrait.
    Love the variety and designs. Looking forward to getting them in my hot little hands.

19. Likes amee.burton liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, they are in the mail

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two envies arrived. Great surprises.

Redplantlady: Awesome art. Great variety and designs. Thanks for the hostess card and the money for postage.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    IamRachel: You wonderful cards arrived. I really love how you made the images keeping your tool on the paper the whole time. Thanks for the hostess card.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    amee.burton: Your fantastic art arrived (for both swaps). Love the variety and colors.
    Thanks for the hostess card.

24. Likes amee.burton liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like all players have gotten their art to me. You are all awesome. Now comes one of my favorite part of hosting swaps when I spread out all of the art on my table.

26. Likes karenr liked this post