Colour Wheel Play – Complimentary Colours; Open Media - Due Feb 20 2018

ann_stebbing

Inactive
Media
Swap Due Date – 20th February 2018

Signup/withdraw date – none, just communicate.

Number of Cards - 3 for 3

Number of participants - unlimited

Media – Open, but no photography or chunky embellishments.

This is a continuation of our Colour Wheel series. If you don’t have a colour wheel, there are lots you can print off free. Here is a link to just one.

http://www.graphicjunkies.com/free-printable-color-wheel-value-scale/

This swap will use a Complementary colour scheme.

A complementary colour scheme uses colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel - for example: red & green; blue & orange; yellow & violet. This time you can explore the tertiary colours as well if you choose – Blue Green (Turquoise), Yellow Green (Chartreuse), Yellow Orange, Red Orange, Red Violet and Blue Violet. On closer inspection you will notice that a complimentary colour scheme will actually use all 3 primary colours. For example Red and Green (Blue & Yellow); Yellow & Violet (Red & Blue).

View attachment 190597

The high contrast of complementary colours creates a vibrant look especially when used at full saturation. However, if not managed well it can be jarring. Don’t forget you can use the tints and shades of each colour as well. The most important thing is to play and have fun.

The cards
-Each card must be ATC size, exactly 2.5" x 3.5" and on a sturdy base (cardstock, bristol, heavy watercolor paper, chipboard), and sent in its own plastic sleeve.
- Send work into which you put time, imagination and care, and would be happy to receive! I will trade effort for effort so make them your best effort.
- Each card must be original, no copies please.
- Label all cards with at least your real name, AFA username, date, location and name of the swap. A host card is not required but will be a very treasured addition to my growing collection.

Postage/Mailing:
When taping the cards together, just a little washi tape works great to keep them in place when mailing (don’t use ordinary masking tape – it’s a nightmare and ruins the plastic sleeves). Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out. Some pictures of your efforts would be great inspiration for those still ‘lurking’.

US Players: please send a well concealed $1 in with your cards.
Other International Players: Please send $1 in your envelope if you have them. Failing that PM me for paypal details.
Include a large address label with your address neatly printed. I will provide envelopes.
Please PM me for my address when you are ready to send your cards.

Make sure you allow your cards enough mailing time to get to me, late cards will be returned to the artist, unswapped, at their expense. Lack of communication and lack of ATCs may result in Neutral iTrader. We all understand when life throws unexpected things at us, but please, please communicate.
Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave an iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from – This is optional, but a nice way to say thank you. We all need a little encouragement.

Please write your username and Swap Name on the back of your envelopes.
I will leave iTrader for each player as I receive their cards.
We love eye candy, so do post photos of your cards to the thread for us all to admire. Here are my cards.

View attachment 191076This one uses red and green.
View attachment 191075 The first is purple with yellow. The other pink and lime green.

1. Withdrawn
2. ThouArtDelyrias RETURNS RECEIVED
3. Karenr RETURNS RECEIVED
4. Dithespy
5. Seascape131 RETURNS RECEIVED
6. Withdrawn
7. Betsyg RETURNS RECEIVED
8. Peacein17 RETURNS RECEIVED
9. Jjhere RETURNS RECEIVED
10. MicheleMC RETURNS RECEIVED

Last edited:
You are most welcome to lurk josiesuelupin.

I've been playing in the post xmas ATART but I must go play with this one for a while and post some inspiration.

Inspiration added to first post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom