ATC:DRAGONFLY, DRAGONFLY/OPEN MEDIUM/DUE DATE: March 1st

Here are the rest of mine. Dragonfllies #5 - 7

Hopefully you won't mind that two of my cards are damselflies (#3 and #6), which are technically not dragonflies, though both dragonflies and damselflies are in the same scientific order, Odonata.

Last edited:
LOL Those are gorgeous. I don't think most of us would be able to tell the difference. And none of my dragonflies were real enough to be classified at all.

What can I say....in my former life I was a biology major. I took a graduate level course in entomology and the professor would have croaked if we had mixed up dragonflies and damselflies. Hint: dragonflies generally have thicker bodies and hold their wings out horizontally when not flying; damselflies have slender bodies and hold their wings upright and parallel to the body when not flying.

I actually love these little bits of info! I knew I that damselflies were a little more delicate looking than dragonflies, but I didn't know the fact about the wings position in repose, so interesting.

Mail Call!!

kretakim Your dragonflies have flown in. They are really nice ones, too!! Thank you bunches for sending an extra one!!

Wow, that is really cool looking, Dunbar. I sent you my address this morning; did the message not come through?

I found it - in the top section of the body (hope that doesn't spoil it for anyone!) - I especially like the way you've included the border and title as part of the single line. I do a fair amount of single line work when free motion quilting/embroidering, but I don't usually worry about crossing myself, so it's not quite the same...

Hi! I hope I'm doing this correctly (this being potentially my first swap!). Below is a pic of one of my unpainted Dragonfly cards. I'm appropriately labeled "The One-line Artist" by my friends here in Denver, since all of my work often consists of a single line which never crosses over itself. You can see where the line begins in the tail of the dragonfly, but can you find where the line ends? I hope to submit three hand-painted cards for this swap. Thanks! ~Dunbar

View attachment 192962

Wow, I do see it now - thanks, Kate! That is just so amazing to me, I was even blown away when I discovered the border and lettering was also part of the one single line!

Back
Top Bottom