Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! January

Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neener, a house and grounds are a heckload of work! And if you are on your own that can be extremely taxing. Could you hire a help or someone to do stuff outside for you? Like a neighbours kid to mow the lawn and do the heavy work? And I am not sure if this is good advice or not, but what about renting a room to a likeminded gal and share the load? A friend of mine has a two storey house, lives in the upstairs, and has two lady tennants in the downstairs, one in an appartment and one in a studio. She has about 20 chickens, a rooster, and has someone build a yurt out back so she can rent it out over summer. A friends father comes in to do all the rough work like moving henhouses, fencing, plumbing, digging, building a campfire site and such. And I have never seen my friends lawn being mowed... ever...
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else > George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep forgetting to post in my gallery, too. I haven't made anything to trade, only for swaps, so I just post to the swap thread. And, by the way, you are a true nutcake, Gem

Please Note: Post # 138 has a BIG error. I meant "if MEL ( or someone)....not ME... You don't want this looney tune hosting any kind of swap, I'd have things so mixed up it would be pitiful.
    LindyLu

We Will Rise Above This !

3. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindyLu View Post
    And, by the way, you are a true nutcake, Gem
    Ya, I know, people have called me worse Today for example I was on the phone to my bestest friend ever and I told her of a terrible nightmare I had the other night. Aftr I am done she pauses and just sais „If I didn‘t know better I would say get off the drugs...“ Sometimes my imagination just runs amok is all I can say

5. Likes notinkansas, kwailin777 liked this post
    LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, you may be a true nutcake but you're still a gem
    LindyLu

We Will Rise Above This !

7. Likes jazzie, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Lindy you are really tempting me to click on the like button...

9. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Neener is offline Head Puppacatchookie Wrangler at the Ranch
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys cracked me up this morning. Silly girls...
    Floydavian Delights and Friends FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/667414776751850/

If you give me your best you will get mine. If not...well, just remember what goes around, comes around.

11. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need badges....."NutCakez R Us"....as long as it's not a fruit cake, that stuff is ghastly (sorry if anyone actually likes fruitcake....you can have my share! )

I'm going to be a rebel and say I kinda like the List/Thank buttons. It's handy in one of my swaps, as I use it to track in one of the swaps I'm hosting But I ignore the Notification thing. That is annoying, I don't need a history of Likes...

And I do find it nice to show I'm still around when I don't have enough time to type out whole responses when life gets busy/crazy...

Last week my roof was leaking due to ice dams, which now means come spring I have to shop for a new roof And then this weekend I ended up working for most of it, so today I'm pooped.....and probably will be the rest of the week. LOL, I don't bounce back as fast as I used to when I was young

Gem, I am enjoying the book binding videos!
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    The Magnifient Moley Collective : instagram
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

13. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss M I am taking one of those badges anytime and you won‘t be finding any fruitcake in my house (blech). Hopefully your roof will not need too much of work and won‘t break the bank for you, roofwork can be quite pricey and then to find a good person repair it properly. You have some work ahead of you.

I am glad you enjoy the bookbinding videos, I will have to see if I can find a different kind of share to make it more varied. Although book binding is just so fascinating...

15. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemininorn View Post
    Miss M I am taking one of those badges anytime and you won‘t be finding any fruitcake in my house (blech). Hopefully your roof will not need too much of work and won‘t break the bank for you, roofwork can be quite pricey and then to find a good person repair it properly. You have some work ahead of you.

I am glad you enjoy the bookbinding videos, I will have to see if I can find a different kind of share to make it more varied. Although book binding is just so fascinating...

We had this happen at our old house one winter. What a mess. The water actually ran inside through one of the electrical outlets. Ended up with a new roof too. They need to put a special vent on the peak to prevent that from happening. Owning a house is a huge money pit. I am always amazed at young people that are barely getting by that want to buy a house. It never seems to end.

If you give me your best you will get mine. If not...well, just remember what goes around, comes around.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I concur. Work on a house is a neverending story, kind of like doing laundry and about as popular. And so much more expensive! There is always something to be done, something breaking down, something needing fixing or replacing, it just never ends. And never, ever buy an older house to do up. Upgrading an old house to todays standards is nothing but endless hassel. And with standards I am not talking size or luxury, I am talking energy efficiency, running hot water, central heating... and I know how hard it can be, I have neither of the last two I mentioned.
    And now I need to stop ranting and go look for some shares, like this tut on little diy tassels

https://thestripe.com/2017/02/diy-tassel-earrings/

18. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or now, a few hours later, this tut on mixed media monochrome tags. I don‘t personally make tags, I already make enough other stuff as it is, but I really enjoy looking at some that are beautifully made.

https://frankieeatsworms.blogspot.ie...with-blue.html

And then I found this listing on etsy. I have made wire wrapped trees with semi precious stones myself, but this one uses chain links (?) instead and looks like a beautiful willow

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/1020..._home_active_8
    Last edited by Gemininorn; Yesterday at 05:12 PM.

20. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love those tags Gem. I need to get the MMH tag thread up and going again if I can find it. I miss doing them. Hmm.. now where might that thread be?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All. Thought I'd crawl out from underneath my blankie to say that I think I'm going to survive! At least, I feel like this cold has finally turned a corner. I went to the pharmacy on Sunday for sudafed and that has really helped with the congestion. I gotta get better because I have snow to shovel, laundry, work, housecleaning, etc.

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Lindy: your envie may be a little late. I will try to get it out to you on Saturday.

23. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss I, Gah...wish you didn't have to shovel snow with a cold...that sounds miserable...as for the rest of the stuff...I'd let it go for a while

Neener, the idea about getting a neighbor kid to take care of some tasks...sounds like a really good idea!

Gem, you crack me up...and you too Miss M... I hit a lot of like and thank buttons!! ...I like the buttons, but I also agree that I would like chit chat to go along with it
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! January
    Instagram Calm After The Holidaze
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindyLu View Post
    I keep forgetting to post in my gallery, too. I haven't made anything to trade, only for swaps, so I just post to the swap thread. And, by the way, you are a true nutcake, Gem

Please Note: Post # 138 has a BIG error. I meant "if MEL ( or someone)....not ME... You don't want this looney tune hosting any kind of swap, I'd have things so mixed up it would be pitiful.
    I'm pretty sure that I can get one started...I'll work on it this next few days off. I actually took an extra day off this week...I need to organize all of my crap! ...but also work on all of my trades and threads.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! January
    Instagram Calm After The Holidaze
    A Mynah Production blog

26. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neener, I think I saw it make out with some fluff bunnies under my couch... hold on, checking... aaaw it got away again.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you are getting better Miss I, lingering colds are nasty. Don‘t overdo it with the snow shoveling, working and laundry-ing.

I had to let Fandanie know her envie would also be late this month due to a thumb setback over the weekend. If I am nice to my thumb for the rest of the week I should be able to art again this weekend. I tried to draw something with my non-dominant left hand, it did not turn out that well

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gem, this could be a good time to take up abstract art? Just a thought...

Miss I is aliiiiivve! But sorry to hear about the snow shoveling, I can empathize.

This morning I get to go shovel some snow off my roof. Good Grief, no, I don't climb up there. I use a roof rake. I can go up a ladder to change a light and that's about it. I've still got the ugly brown builder installed lamp hanging in my stairwell, as I'd have to go up a big ladder to change it!

Alas, I do have to get a whole new roof done. I don't have holes, the shingles are failing. I don't know how it is in other parts of the world...but the shingles I have only last about 15 years, and my house is going on year 14. And yeah, and probably my house does not have enough roof vents (builders only put the minimum they can) and have to re-insulate my attic space. So yeah, I may be penny-pinching quite a bit this year! Which would mean no new art supplies , but you have to have a roof to keep the art supplies safe, right?
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    The Magnifient Moley Collective : instagram
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to resurrect the MMH Tag Thread Ladies. Since I only have time for paper art, I might as well get some of the fun stuff going again.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...amping-Collage

If I knew how to make this a link I would.

Mel and Gem, If I had neighbors I would have help. Will try to take some pictures later so you guys get an idea of where I live. 20 acres in the middle of nowhere. 15,000 people in the whole county. No neighbors. Kinda on my own. Have a young guy I can call for heavy lifting, but at 20.00 an hour it gets expensive on a limited income.