Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: March 19
Signup/Withdraw Date: March 8
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: Open… no heavy/bulky embellishments

Word of the Year 2018

I found Word of the Year here at AFA a couple of years back and I love them! The previous host (Mesektet) is unable to host this year and I am hosting with her blessing.

Here’s how it works:

Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, you come up with a personal 'Word Of The Year' (WOTY). A WOTY is a guide…. something that encompasses what you most want for yourself this year. You can search "personal word of the year" on Google to find out more, and I’ll post sample images here soon as well.

For this swap, I'd like to focus on our Words for 2018. Your cards can either depict your own WOTY or you can illustrate words that would be suitable for someone else. Please post pics if you can to inspire us all. If you do send your own WOTY let me know and I’ll try my best to give you at least one card that shows that word. Also if you’d like more than one representation of the SAME word I’ll send it to you if I can. Sharing our words in the thread may increase the likelihood that more representations will be sent, but please no requests for any specific card. My brain can only remember so much… ;-)

You are free to show any word, in any medium, but keep in mind that they should be mostly positive. Some examples might be courage, create, share, journey, listen, love, experiment, new, trust, and so on.

Rules
- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5” on sturdy card stock or better.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- Send only your best work please... we’ll be looking at it all year!
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards.
- Keep cards as flat as possible—no heavy embellishments.

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps in the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name in the sign up roster. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will imbed each name in the roster with a hyperlink to make this part easier. I will also leave iTrader as I receive your cards. One of my words this year might be ‘Prompt’!

Samples:
View attachment 191330 View attachment 191325 View attachment 191331

View attachment 191328 View attachment 191327

That about does it for details. Who wants to play?

0. Marie
1. Suzi ~Received :-)
2. Kae.Ryan ~Received :-)
3. Pouringdiva ~Received :-)
4. suzyq ~Received :-)
5. CastleQueen5 ~Received :-)
6. ann_stebbing ~Received :-)
7. Karch ~Received:-)
8. zandradee ~Received :-)
9. Electricdesigner ~Received:-)
10. ali ~Received :-)
11. MicheleMC ~Received :-)
12. PaintedChairs ~Received :-)
13. aginghippychic ~Received :-)
14. Juliaom ~Received :-)
15. barbsburnttree ~Received :-)
16. josiesuelupin ~Received :-)
17. Belin angel ~Received :-)
18. lazyshadows ~Received :-)
19. roadbike831 ~Received :-)
20. Anni ~Received :-)
21. Rosa ~Received :-)
22. Iberostar ~Received :-)
23. londonart ~Received :-)

Last edited:
I am still thinking about my words for this year. I have a few ideas.....but no definite decision yet.

Welcome TAD..... I might wander over there if there is popcorn involved! I think I'm going with "Purpose" for my first word... or "Big picture" which is kind of the same thing.

Hoping to add sample photos today as well.

I added four sample images… and a fifth image that is a list of potential words... :-)

I would like to play please, I have not yet decided on any words but will put my thinking cap on

Welcome Gemininorn, and thank you for letting me use your “Time” woty as an example. Welcome also CastleQueen5! I’m glad you’re both here.. :-)
You’re welcome in lurkers corner Bluesky... join in when ready!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom