Word of the Year 2018~Due March 19

SuzyQ, I love that card, I made one called Active and one called Healthy. So similar cards. I will have to post photos.

LondonOnt1. I have made nothing like your cards, but I sure find your cards intriguing. I like the word hope on any card but your Humility and other cards really are eye catching. I had to zoom in to see the words. Thanks for posting images.

Alright, now that I've completed my cards I feel safe signing up! With my recent neurological diagnosis, the meds/the headaches have meant I've lost a bit of control over my body, especially my hands, meaning it's so much harder for me to draw and have it come out as well as it used to it. But this is my first try in over a month and I hope they are sastifying. These are some words I toyed around with before finally settling on "Persist" for my own person word of the year! View attachment 192805View attachment 192806View attachment 192807View attachment 192808

Josie those cards are fab!!!! Whoever receives them will definitely be pleased! I’ll do my best to make sure you get ‘Persevere’ in your returns. So sorry to hear of your struggle! If it’s okay to ask, can you tell about what’s going on with you? Already sent up a prayer.

Last edited:
No it's perfectly okay to ask! I have something called Chiari Malformation, which is a congenital (meaning it develops before birth) condition. Since I have type 1, you can spend your whole life without symptoms. I contracted a case of meingitis a couple of weeks ago and was hospitalized this past week because of that. The MRI showed the malformation and they believe that the meingitis has developed the symptoms from the condition. So I now have ear splitting headaches that can last for weeks at the drop of a hat, extereme balance problems, and issues with my hand eye cordination. They've got me on a bunch of meds that are relieving my pain, but make me sleep all day and exteremly shaky. So for now we're just trying to figure out what works for me and how I operate with this disorder.

Josie,I can see how meningitis could exacerbate Chiari. Especially because of the swelling involved. I hope the doctors are able get things more like back to normal for you. Even though it’s always been there, I’m sure this still probably feels all new to you! We know very little about our own bodies really, yes? Hang in there... Persevere is a very good word.

That’s great barbsburnttree! I’ll be watching for them and I’ll be sure to let you know when they arrive. :-)

Bless your heart! MY Godbaby had Chiari Malformation when she was 11. They did surgery and it totally helped. Miracles and Blessings to you!!!
No it's perfectly okay to ask! I have something called Chiari Malformation, which is a congenital (meaning it develops before birth) condition. Since I have type 1, you can spend your whole life without symptoms. I contracted a case of meingitis a couple of weeks ago and was hospitalized this past week because of that. The MRI showed the malformation and they believe that the meingitis has developed the symptoms from the condition. So I now have ear splitting headaches that can last for weeks at the drop of a hat, extereme balance problems, and issues with my hand eye cordination. They've got me on a bunch of meds that are relieving my pain, but make me sleep all day and exteremly shaky. So for now we're just trying to figure out what works for me and how I operate with this disorder.

Back
Top Bottom