Word of the Year 2018~Due March 19

Mail call! Ali, your gorgeous cards have arrived safely! You’re doing this like an old pro already. :-)
I got a notice from the post office today that I have a letter with postage due. Hopefully I’ll get that picked up tomorrow...
Don’t know yet if it’s a set or not, but I’ll keep you all posted.

Marie, I just pray that is my cards at the Postoffice. I know I had over three regular stamps on the envelope and I asked the clerk if that was enough and she said yes and then stamped it with her cancellation stamper. Otherwise its almost three weeks since I mailed mine from Kentucky to MD. The prior packet of security envelopes I mailed to you arrived in less than a week. I am so stressed that my cards are lost. If they don't make it by the deadline just cancel me out. I cannot reproduce them in this short of time.

I understand Juliaom. Let’s wait and see for now. I had a set of cards that took three months to get To a host once. And she lived not that far away! It was in bizarre holidays. I sent my September cards at the very first of the month. A week before they were due the host contacted me and asked where my cards were. Luckily I still had my sketches and was able to reproduce them quickly and resend them in time. Then in December Bizzarre holidays they suddenly showed up at her door. No note from the post office; no explanation... weird things happen…. They may yet arrive. We still have over a week.

That’s great Rosa. Thank you for letting me know that you’ve mailed. I’ll keep my eye out for them and will let you know when they arrive :-) I just got my returns from your swap today :-)

Well all, the plot thickens… as I reported yesterday I got a notice from the post office saying I had a letter with postage due. So I put a snack size Ziploc bag with the money and the P.O. notice back inside my mailbox yesterday. Received only swap returns, none requiring that amount of postage ... and only one ink pen canceled. Color me curious… Maybe they will deliver that one today?
But for now.... MAIL CALL: CastleQueen5 and Rosa your cards are safely in my hand. Excellent cards! And thank you BOTH so much for the hostess card! :jiggy:

Juliaom... I’ll post again when the mail comes today. I feel your anxiety... :-/

Great word Iberostar. I’ll add you now. Welcome! You’ll have to hurry though, as the due date is 10 days away… ;-)

OK, mystery is resolved. The postage required item was a postcard from another swap that already had one dollar postage on it. How one postcard required $3.79 to mail within the states when one stamp should’ve done it befuddles me but that’s what the postage due piece turned out to be. Sorry Julia, I was really hoping it was your returns… :-/

Well, I am so sad and perplexed. By now I could have driven them to Maryland.
Someone must have liked the envelope or it fell down behind the counter at the PO.
I spent weeks on those, dang.

No lie, once I had a postcard that was sent in July arrive in DEC. I just thanked the person in AUG, and thought I was being flaky So when it showed up in DEC we both had a chuckle about it. And the postmark was correct.

No problem at all ferretgirl, life happens. I’ll take you off the list now. Thanks for journeying with us a ways. :-)

Finally!!!! Drum roll please......

Juliaom your GORGEOUS set arrived today! No explanation as to what took so long, but they’re here in my hands in pristine condition. *see photo* Yahoo!!! What a huge relief!!!

Anni, your lovely set arrived today as well. :-) Thank you BOTH for the extras! :-)

It’s so upsetting when cards that you’ve labored over go missing or take a very long time to get where they’re going. So I am especially happy to let you both know that your sets are here, safe, and in excellent condition. Let’s give them a little rest before they journey out again to their new homes. :-)

:-)

View attachment 193461

Back
Top Bottom