Word of the Year 2018~Due March 19

You know what my couch seems to have pet fur all over it. I suggest you all get up off the lurkers couch and use the lint brush. So earlier today I posted some WORDS of the year, but realized they were not positive words. (it has some political undertones, overtones? so I deleted it) Wise choice, but well you can fill in the blanks.

It’s a comfy couch,barbsburnttree. Enjoy your lurk. Feel free to join us when you’re ready. :-)

My inspiring words . . . .

View attachment 191688

I had a bit of a sort out of some of my ephemera the other day, and came across a couple of sheets of 'words'. I thought it would be a good idea to cut them all up, then put them in a tin and use them like the inspiration sticks I created as part of a swap earlier in the year. After searching for one of my word choices for ages, I decided to do just that, so my words have changed. I chose the words at random and designed the card around the word, rather than vice versa. I hope they are OK. I will get them in the mail on Monday.

In case anyone is scratching their head, what looks like a dry leaf in the 'Breakthrough' card is actually supposed to be a chrysalis. ;)

I really love this theme! More people should join, it is a good opportunity for making plans about your year;) Thank you Marie for letting me play!

I agree lady! I have chosen four words for this year and have already completed one card. Every day I write in my journal what I did that day and at the bottom I write which word it applied to :-) it really helps!

Today I’m taking my grandson to his gymnastics meet. My back will ache after 4 hours on the bleachers, but I love watching him do what he does. Working on another word I’ve chosen : connected.

You’re welcome to lurk Karch. I hope you decide to join us later. :-) Any idea what your words might be?

Lurking for now. I'm a little over committed and I like to get my cards done before signing up. Need to give some thought to the word for the year - hey, it's only January! ha ha

Hi Violet. You’re welcome to lurk on our comfy pink lurkers couch as long as you like. You’ll have some company there.
:D

What a lovely description of my craft table "a pit of a mess". You need to keep so many things to hand for these. My table is about 6 ft x 30" and I am often working in about a square foot (if I'm lucky).

CastleQueen, maybe your art table is not a „pit of a mess“ but instead a „source of inspiration“? Or maybe even (when it gets too overgrown) „inexhaustible source of inspiration“?

I am still looking for good words. Got my cards cut and on my craft table and my thinking cap on...

I found the word empowerment today. I mean, I actually found the word on my craft table which is a pit of a mess. I found a good image to go with it too.

That’s a strong message. :-) That word practically reached out and said “pick me! pick me!”

Ha ha CastleQueen5 !!!!! I’m having an anti-procrastination day today! I’m going to complete my next card :-)

What a lovely description of my craft table "a pit of a mess". You need to keep so many things to hand for these. My table is about 6 ft x 30" and I am often working in about a square foot (if I'm lucky).

Ann_stebbing, I resemble that remark! Haha!

Gemininorn, I really like your brilliant idea of an “inexhaustible source of inspiration“. I may just paint those words on the wall above my desk! :-) I love reframing!

Ann_stebbing your words turned out beautifully! So peaceful. I especially love ‘breakthrough’.

Back
Top Bottom