Word of the Year 2018~Due March 19

I am so glad others have a similar Craft table size and issue, I feel really not alone anymore. I have a BFF and craft room in meticulous. She puts everything away after she uses them. When I go over there, I sweep the floor before I leave.

My craft room has that one small area and then is crowded by stuff I didnt put away or items I wanted to use..

I started joining these magpie journal swaps on swapbot, I clear off the mess and glue the extras into a journal. I also used to make master boards of the odds and ends but have found very little use for them.

I got this idea from this youtube video. I love this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMRjj4DKPI&t=11s

How to create a Collage ATC Using Scraps of Paper and Stamping

Linda Israel

85K views
7 years ago

Marie, I lurked for the longest time with art a thons here. I was mildly confused. But they are awesome. Basically we are all putting off chores, and all other non essential work, using the crock pot, and crafting our hearts out. There are themes or prompts for most days.

Well, with Sniisk she has a list of scavenger hunt things. Like use purple, find your oldest tool etc.

I do not believe I have yet “athoned“. I’ll get my crockpot out and dusted off today! That was actually a goal for the day anyway :-) ... Has been for about 16 days now… ;-)

This will be my third day in a row for the crock. Day 1 stew, yesterday a roast, to day it is a turkey breast.

Then maybe I will give it a break.

I think I will have some Salmon for lunch. I have not had that in forever. No one else likes it around here.

I make it into salmon patties... I guess better called cakes? Dinner tonight solved. Thank you.

My turkey in the crock pot came out moist and juicy. Never did have salmon for lunch. I did however do some major cleaning in my craft room I swept the floor. I started talking things off my craft table and glue them in magpie journals. I finished one. I added stuff to one someone made for me in a swap, and started a 3rd, cause there is a swap every 3 months for a journal.

And the whole reason for starting this post. I found so many NEW words that I could use. I have a little pile. Today might be the day I make my cards.

BTW the word of the year is not crockpot, although it could be. Today I will make a pork roast. I want to make applesauce too. I keep putting that off.

I also have one of those 3 mini crock pots in one Called a triple slow cooker. I put a pork roast in one on high, some sweet potatoes in one one low and some cut up apples that should make apple sauce in the 3rd on low. So dinner will be ready in 8 hours.

Breakfast done. Off to play in my craft room.

Oh castle queen I am so impressed. I want to be that organized! Crockpot is definitely coming out today. Crockpot should be my word of the year… :-) My plan for tonight is sweet potato stew, which I’ve never made before, and I’m not sure if you can make it in a crockpot. What do you think?

My dinner came out awesome. The roast was so tender, the yams perfect, and the apples were not they didnt boil down to sauce like I expected, they were hot apples. not spicy just hot. I still have a bunch of apples left that need to be made into apple sauce. I am doing the art of thon tomorrow. I need to come up with some kind of easy meals.

I ended up making chicken chili over rice. And it was good. Anything with cumin is good, yes? Today I attempt sweet potato stew for the first time ever. :spinny:

Thanks for that YouTube link CQ5. It was fascinating. Gonna try it. The trick seems to be adding layers, stamps, embossing etc to tie it all in together. Love how she used it too. My waste bin is overflowing at the mo, so I might do it as I empty it into a bin bag. I'm bound to find some bits I can use.

I'm lurking on Snisks Athon, but I'm not sure how much I'll do. I currently have a ton of stuff available for trade.

Back
Top Bottom