Word of the Year 2018~Due March 19

Thank you Juliaom. Yes, I was thinking "crossroads" is appropriate for me! In case anyone is wondering, all of my cards started with gesso applied with a palate knife on security envelope liners.

Security liner is such a fabulous art supply. *contented sigh* It’s versatile, takes most all mediums well, cuts and glues easily and weighs almost nothing. And it just shows up free at your door. What more could a person want from an art supply? :jiggy:

Marie, I totally agree and if your friends save theirs for you; it so much better.
Security liner is such a fabulous art supply. *contented sigh* It’s versatile, takes most all mediums well, cuts and glues easily and weighs almost nothing. And it just shows up free at your door. What more could a person want from an art supply? :jiggy:

I run a food bank, and food recipients need to verify their address with a bill or piece of mail. So last Saturday someone gave me their Century Link Bill. OMG, it has a green security envelope. I so wanted to say, can I have the envelope? I mean I almost did. But I gave it back after copying the contents. THEN I almost went into the room where she was waiting to ask, as a second thought. Again I said NO! STOP! BEHAVE! I swear it was like a drug! I wanted that envelope. (and there was 2, as there was a second one to mail your bill back to the company)

Security envelops are great free stuff. My sister went thru years of financial records when her husband passed and gave me piles of Security Envies. I don't use them much. But here's a hint, and its not cheating is it if you find a really cool envie and make a copy on your printer.
Then you have the pattern for future stuff. Is that cheating?

Too funny!!! But I totally understand. But knowing me, I would have asked for them. All she could say is yes or no and I am willing to take the chance since green is so rare.

I run a food bank, and food recipients need to verify their address with a bill or piece of mail. So last Saturday someone gave me their Century Link Bill. OMG, it has a green security envelope. I so wanted to say, can I have the envelope? I mean I almost did. But I gave it back after copying the contents. THEN I almost went into the room where she was waiting to ask, as a second thought. Again I said NO! STOP! BEHAVE! I swear it was like a drug! I wanted that envelope. (and there was 2, as there was a second one to mail your bill back to the company)

I know, that green is so rare and I dont have a Century Link account. I just wasnt sure how to explain why I would want her trashy green envelope. Explaining it just seemed well weird. But you all get it. I just wish I had said something causal about Taking care of her envelope, or just not returned the envelope.

I made this card. I have plans to make six. Healthy, vegetables and active are in the works

Cherish, hope, endurance or endure, and Joy maybe for the last one. But here is cherish. I used the thermal paper, aka as store receipt technique. You paint the receipt and heat it with a heat gun or blow dryer.

I used it for the back ground and had stamped the hearts another receipt that I had painted. I think I painted 8 in these color.

CQ, that’s stunning! I’ve never heard of that technique but now I’m wanting to try it !

PaintedChairs your cards are safely here. Thanks for the hostess card! Beautiful set! YOUR PEACE DOVE IS ON THE HOME PAGE!!! Have you seen it? It looks so perfect there! Congrats! :jiggy:

There is a youtube video about painting thermal papers/receipts.
You can use watercolors or a light watered down acrylic. You need the paint to be thin so when you heat it the paper turns black in areas to give it the cool effect.

I want to say the red and yellow paints were those cheap spray paints from the kids art section of walmart. Cheap acrylics with a spray nozzle, a tool I love. They are $2 or $3 dollars each. and the nozzle has not gotten gloggled either.

Your cards are lovely zandradee! Thanks for posting pics! I really appreciate that you made cards other people are hoping for. :-). And a hostie for me too! Thank you. :-)

Glad to have you lurking here mouseit. I hope you join in. :-) I loved it too! I’m so glad she agreed to let me host it this year. :-)

Back
Top Bottom