Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date - March 9, 2018
Signup/withdraw date - March 1
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants: 30-ish?

I'm in the mood for some brightly colored hearts, positive vibes/ messages, and awesome art!

Please read all directions. Create three cards that contain the following elements:

1. A heart~ There must be at least one clearly visible heart on your card. I am talking about a traditional heart shape... please no anatomical hearts only (if you want to include an anatomical heart with a heart shape, that's up to you...). Multiple hearts are fine. (NOTHING OVERTLY VALENTINES-ISH, PLEASE.)

2. Some kind of positive word or message~ Your text can be hand written, stamped, collaged, found poetry, etc., but should be legible and in English (or with an English translation). (NOTHING OVERTLY RELIGIOUS, PLEASE.)

3. Mixed media~ Please use three or more distinct media/ techniques. Possibilities include ink, pencils, paint, stamps, transparencies, embossing, small/ thin embellishments (tiny brads, flat charms, etc.), epoxy, crackle medium, fabric, stitching, beeswax... and I'm sure there's lots of other stuff I'm forgetting! Get creative and think layers! (Please no loose glitter or super thick embellishments!)

The nuts and bolts:
- All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
- No really heavy or bulky embellishments. I mean it. If it's more than an eighth of an inch think, do not put it on your card!
- All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
- Please include your username and the swap name on the back of all cards. Also include a list of the media you used (remember, there should be at least three).
- Please only send work you are proud of. No falling off bits, bad coloring, slap-dash work, etc. Make sure the media you are using incorporate into a nice whole. I'm not looking for a heart on a card with some pasted on text and a gel pen border. Make it look like you worked hard.

Mailing:
- Please read the thread up top about how to mail ATC's. Do not decorate your envelope.
- Include your username on your SASE.
- US Participants – Include a stamped, self addressed envelope with at least .70 postage, since mixed media cards tend to be a bit thicker. Even if your own cards aren't thick, your returns might be! (However, if you are sending really thick cards (nooo!), please go back and read the directions!)
- International participants – Please include a label with your name and address, and either one US dollar, approximately $1.20 in US postage, unused postage from the UK, Canada, or Austraila, or PayPal.

Please note the March 9 due date. I tend to mail out returns fairly promptly, so plan to be on time. I will not wait for late cards.

Who would like to play?

1. pouringdiva-- RECEIVED!
2. JudyLee-- RECEIVED!
3. prex79-- RECEIVED!
4. ohhappyday-- RECEIVED!
5. jfaskdown-- withdrew
6. Mushu-- withdrew
7. Fierce Armadillo-- RECEIVED!
8. ferretgirl-- withdrew
9. aginghippychic-- RECEIVED!
10. Bluesky-- RECEIVED!
11. kehlenn-- withdrew
12. sweetgypsy-- RECEIVED!
13. TonyaAshe-- RECEIVED!
14. WannaBe-- RECEIVED!
15. Spirit Soul-- RECEIVED!
16. Chronic Reader-- RECEIVED!
17. amyfaerie-- RECEIVED!
18. tah0027-- RECEIVED!
19. ThouArtDelyrias-- RECEIVED!
20. CastleQueen5-- RECEIVED!
21. Fandanie-- RECEIVED!
22. TherapeuticArt-- RECEIVED!
23. ann_stebbing-- RECEIVED!
24. mrubyjean-- RECEIVED!
25. smallgirl-- withdrew
26. electricdesigner-- RECEIVED!
27. weditt-- RECEIVED!
28. zhouzhou-- RECEIVED!
29. heymaggie-- RECEIVED!
30. stephiedee-- RECEIVED!
31. mwilding-- RECEIVED!
32. Mouseit-- RECEIVED!
33. Foxglove-- RECEIVED!
34. MicheleMC-- RECEIVED!

Last edited:
Yay! Welcome, prex79, ohhappyday, jfaskdown, and Mushu!

Lurkers always welcome, too! Hope you'll end up playing, notinkansas.

Wow! Lots of awesome new players :) Welcome to Fierce Armadillo, ferretgirl, aginghippychic, Bluesky, kehlenn, sweetgypsy, and TonyaAshe!

Back
Top Bottom