January PAT - hot and cold, Due date: March 19

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due Date - March 19
(Don't forget that I live in Australia - I normally allow 3 weeks for postage, just to be safe).
Signup/withdraw - NONE, once signed up you're in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of cards
- 1 for each person in your group using their chosen theme
Number of participants - 8 groups of 5 players

All returns mailed March 28

To play you must have:
*an established positive iTrader rating of +15
*no negatives within the last 6 months
*no neutrals for lack of cards/communication with the last 3 months
*NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don't ask

While I was sitting here melting in the Australian Summer heat I was reading people complaining about the cold in other parts of the world and thought that would be a great theme for this PAT. All cards will be made in EITHER hot (red, orange, yellow) or cold (blue, green, purple) colours.

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to clear up whatever. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

Please, please, please do not over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of their group.

General Information:
~This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign ups end when all spots are filled.
~You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group!
~This will be an on time swap. Cards are to be in my hands on or before MARCH 12th. I know that life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out.
~Pick a group, pick a theme
~Once you sign up you CAN'T withdraw as some artists start their cards immediately
~Make a card for each member of your group in their chosen theme; you will receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member.
~Make sure you send cards you are proud of.

Sending Your Cards:
~All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. If you don't, protect them in some other way when posting to me.

~Please include your username and group number on the outside of your mailing envelope. (I run multiple swaps at the same time and want to avoid mixing your cards with another swap)
~Please put your username, the group number and the recipient's username on each card you make.

~If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not necessary.

Mailing Information:
When you're ready to send, PM me for my address. When you are packing your cards:
*put each card in a plastic sleeve
*make sure that your username, the group number and the recipients' usernames are on the backs of all your cards
AUSTRALIAN folks:
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope with postage.
INTERNATIONAL folks:
Please enclose a LARGE address label/ your address clearly printed on a piece of paper (at least 2" x2"). I'll pay the postage and provide the envelope.
A dollar bill or a Global International stamp is appreciated as I can use these in future swaps.

What about iTrader?
Like any other swap, I'll leave iTrader for players when their cards arrive. When you get your returns, you leave iTrader for me.

In addition, because this is a PAT, you leave iTrader for the other members of your group, too (NOT reps). That means that you'll get 5 iTraders. It also means that if a player joins and does not send cards, they will get 5 negative iTrader ratings. Playing in a PAT is a serious commitment - so think carefully before you join.

Last edited:
As this PAT has the added difficulty of hot or cold colours ALL themes are to be EASY or REGULAR (ie no difficult themes).

Black, white and grey can be used for shading but are NOT to be the dominant part of your card.

Group 2 - hand-drawn/ painted cold colours ONLY
1. dithespy - landscape returned
2. Linda4atc - fantasy (creatures or land/water/sky fantasyscapes) returned
3. jo.on.the.go - seascape returned
4. Evalila - dragonflies received
5. closed

Group 3 - mixed media hot colours ONLY FULL
(use fabrics, Distress inks/ sprays/stains, ribbons, washi tape, tissue paper - anything and everything that is not HD/HP)
1. dithespy - butterflies returned
2. Dee - tree/ trees received
3. Linda4atc - hats with hattitude returned
4. BluSkyHare - owl(s) returned
5. goat girl - bird(s) returned

Group 4 - mixed media cold colours ONLY FULL
(use fabrics, Distress inks/ sprays/stains, ribbons, washi tape, tissue paper - anything and everything that is not HD/HP)
1. chronic reader - flowers returned
2. Dee - cat/ cats received
3. neca84 - cats returned
4. BluSkyHare - owl(s) returned
5. donnacr - circles returned

Group 5 - zentangles hot colours ONLY
1. ThouArtDelyrias - butterfly outline returned
2. ann stebbing - acorn and leaf outlines OR an oak leaf (see post #15) returned
3. Annie - your favourite tangles with red, yellow and orange somewhere (see post #11) received
4. donnacr - circles (either circle tangles or tangles within circle shapes) returned
5. closed

Group 6 - zentangles cold colours ONLY FULL
1. ThouArtDelyrias - butterfly outline returned
2. ann stebbing - acorn and leaf outlines OR an oak leaf (see post #15) returned
3. Annie - your favourite tangles with blue, green and purple somewhere (see post #11) returned
4. pouring divas - hearts returned
5. Lorna - cat(s) - 1 or more, whole or just face returned

Last edited:
OK
I have questions - are black and white considered cold colors?
What about brown.
Or are the HOT/COLD colors listed the only ones to use.
Also, are the colors for a group the theme or is a theme supposed to be selected in addition to the colors?

Yay!!! Please sign me up for group 5 and 6. Either one of the colors are fine with me and my Theme is Heart or several hearts....

javazarf - "Black, white and grey can be used for shading but are NOT to be the dominant part of your card." to quote the rules above
colours that border hot/cold (like brown, purple) need to clearly stay in the chosen colour group i.e. you could not use a red purple if the card needed cold colours. I have listed the main hot and cold colours - your card can use any colours you like AS LONG AS they are obviously the correct family.
you choose a theme which you want created using your group's colour palette.

Annie - glad to hear that you had fun last year. I hope you can join us again this year.

ThouArtDelyrias - welcome to the first place in both groups. LOVE your theme, that leaves so many options for tangling.

pouringdiva - please choose a group. Hearts would normally be imagined in hot colours so I might be tempted to go for Group 6 (cold colours) just for a bit of a challenge

Last edited:
I'd love to join. Groups 5 & 6 please.

As far as a theme....your favorite tangles......and if it's ok, I'd like all 3 of the groups colors on the card.

The card can be completely colored or just a few spots accented with color. As long as all 3 colors from the group are represented I'm good.......heck, if you have a better idea of how you can use the color group on my card, be my guest....I'm Not Picky!!

I choose group 6- Hearts
javazarf - "Black, white and grey can be used for shading but are NOT to be the dominant part of your card." to quote the rules above
colours that border hot/cold (like brown, purple) need to clearly stay in the chosen colour group i.e. you could not use a red purple if the card needed cold colours. I have listed the main hot and cold colours - your card can use any colours you like AS LONG AS they are obviously the correct family.
you choose a theme which you want created using your group's colour palette.

Annie - glad to hear that you had fun last year. I hope you can join us again this year.

ThouArtDelyrias - welcome to the first place in both groups. LOVE your them, that leaves so many options for tangling.

pouringdiva - please choose a group. Hearts would normally be imagined in hot colours so I might be tempted to go for Group 6 (cold colours) just for a bit of a challenge

So sorry for having gone AWOL - we have just got reliable Internet at the new address. Having a week without being able to keep in contact with anyone. . . I was amazed at how lost I felt and yet, I would not say that I was overly technology-capable :unsure::huh:

ann stebbing -
welcome to groups 5 & 6. With your theme do you want at least 1 acorn and 1 leaf outline on each card (not just an acorn OR a leaf outline)?

Annie - welcome to groups 5 & 6. I love your theme, especially with just a splash of colours.

pouringdiva - welcome to group 6, you should get some interesting cards with those cold colours.

dithespy - welcome to groups 2 & 3 - great themes.

please double check that I have entered your themes as you wish people to make them.

Back
Top Bottom