January PAT - hot and cold, Due date: March 19

goatgirl - your cards for Gp 3 arrived today (is your envelope made from wallpaper?)

neca84 - your cards for Group 4 and BlueSkyHare - your cards for Gps 3 & 4 have also arrived

I am sorry but I had an operation to remove an impacted dead molar today with the peg for the fake tooth inserted at the same time. I am not feeling the best and am just on my way to bed. I will give iTraders tomorrow.

goatgirl - your cards for Gp 3 arrived today (is your envelope made from wallpaper?)

Yay! So glad my card made it! Yes, I love making cards from wallpaper--I get the outdated sample books free from a local store. A great resource for all kinds of projects! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Thanks for all your good wishes - the surgeon put enough anaesthetic in so that I got a good night's sleep, not looking forward to tonight when the anaesthetic has worn off :twitcy:

pouringdiva
​ - your cards for Gp 6 have arrived

I am going in to hospital to have, I hope, my final operation on Monday - only a day procedure but it does mean that I won't be able to acknowledge any cards I receive on Monday till that night. See you then.

Last edited:
Miracles and Blessings to you/

Glad they arrived safely!!
pouringdiva
​ - your cards for Gp 6 have arrived

I am going in to hospital to have, I hope, my final operation on Monday - only a day procedure but it does mean that I won't be able to acknowledge any cards I receive on Monday till that night. See you then.

Annie - your cards for Gps 5 and 6 arrived on Monday

jo.on.the.go - your cards for Gp 2 arrived on Tuesday

No cards in the mail today :(

The cards seem to be consistently taking 4-5 days to reach me after they land at Sydney (where all our International mail is sorted) but they are taking wildly different times to get from the US to Australia.
Annie's cards are postmarked leaving Cleveland a whole week later than jo.on.the.go's cards from Philadelphia and yet they arrived in Australia 3 days before jo's.

Who can understand the postal system?!?

Last edited:
I find these comments on postal systems a real eye opener. Coming from the 'lil ol UK' we used to moan if 1st class post didn't arrive the next day. Mail from here (France) to the UK takes typically 2 days, but can take a few days (or weeks or months) longer coming the other way. It makes you realise just how big some countries are when you see they take nearly a week to get from one part of Auzzi to another. I guess the same is true of the States. I know I have received returns here before people in the States before, presumably sent from the same place in the States on the same day. Weird.

The differences in US mail time may be due to whether the mailer is close to a major hub (like Donna says about Sydney), and also the weather---we've had a big snow storm every week for the past 3 weeks and another on the way today, which will slow down the mail.

My pardon to Donnacr and all in my groups 3 and 4. My cards are in the mail, but only 13 days out. I have been home bound without adequate technology for communication. I talked my poor daughter through to posting i trader to a few people, but it was too frustrating for her and me.

Three days before my last day to mail out safely, I pulled a a tender muscle in my lower back (having had back surgery 3 months ago). A sciatic nerve was severly pinched and I am just feeling better. At the time, I had 4 cards to finish, but found myself unable to sit more than 5 min. I was able only to stand and lay down for several weeks. I finished my cards standing at an ironing board. This was difficult and slow as it is not my custom to stand while doing art cards on an unstable surface.

You will all do what you have to do concerning my late cards. My apologies for all the extra work. it will be Monday before I will be able to communicate again as it will be a few months before I can replace my lap top.

Dee - You have my full sympathy on the sciatic nerve pain. My 2nd daughter spent that pregnancy sitting on my sciatic nerve - I could walk gingerly but heaven help me if I tried to run to answer the phone (no mobiles in those days:D). 2 strides was all I could manage before crippling pain. Look after yourself, especially with back surgery - we need you back to being able to craft and keeping us supplied with your gorgeous cards.

This is another example of random mail times - BOTH your envelopes arrived today, for Gps 3 & 4.

chronic reader - your cards for Gp 4 arrived in the same delivery.
Lorna - I thought that I had acknowledged your cards for Gp 6 arriving the day before but I must not have pushed 'Post'.

iTraders will be forthcoming immediately and completed groups will be in the mail today.

oh my, my cards are still not there....I am SOOOO sorry guys, this postal thing is crazy. I don't have the storms like the Northwest United States so I thought my chances were better...:swoon:

I am glad my cards made it. I was getting panicked with the Postal delay. ThouArtDelyrias should have a better connection, I think Tucson is a hub.
The US Post does some crazy stuff these days. If I send a letter within the same town, the local PO sends it to the hub, sorts there, sends it back to town, and finally delivers it. Once upon a time, the local PO had a 2 drop boxes: local and out of town. So a letter in town was sorted and got out for delivery the next day.
Thanks Donnacr for waiting on cards. Maybe we need to allow for more lead time mailing.

I was talking to someone about this the other day. She said her mum (in 1938) used to post a letter on her way to work on a Saturday morning, making arrangements for that Saturday evening and it used to get to her friend on the afternoon delivery (same town obviously). This was in the UK. I remember when there used to be 2 deliveries a day. It's surprising really when the service is so much slower when the volume of post must be way down due to electronic mail.

I don't remember two deliveries but I do remember mailboxes on every other corner and lots of pickups from them each day. Now I know the location of only two mailboxes that not on post office property in Ukiah, I don't know of any in the Anderson Valley and one in Fort Bragg. :dull:

Back
Top Bottom