Quilt Squares and Quilts !~Due March 31

They are gorgeous! Did you have as much trouble making CardTrick as I did? I know it took me seven tries :-) Love your Dresden plate too! They are all excellent :-) thanks for posting pictures!

Wow, electricdesigner, they are all wonderful! I'm always surprised when people undertake rather intricate designs and lots of little pieces. How tiny are those round berries on your Baltimore block???

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments :)

The berries on the Baltimore were just under 1/8th inch I think - so tiny!!!

I had to think carefully about Card Trick and how it was constructed. I've made it in fabric for a real quilt but that was quite a long time ago. Sketched it out several times!!

The Dresden was my favorite :)

I'm on vacation in Pennsylvania getting ready for a quilting conference and show next week. Dropped my cards in the mail this morning. Therese were fun to do.

A quilting conference, oh fun!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time! I’ll keep a watch out for your cards and I’ll let you know when they arrive. :-)

Mail call, Quilter2 your awesome fabric quilts have arrived! They are absolutely perfect! Thank you so much for making an extra for me! You’ve got some serious sewing SKILLS!!!!

I've been working on my quilt squares, unwilling to sign up until all are complete. Along the way I started watching Fons and Porter on PBS, learned a quilt square may actually consist of more than one square (I originally thought I was making 4 squares, but it takes all 4 to make the whole square), and noted all the new tools. The various rulers and squares with measurement grids...oh my...I got one and it really helps with artwork too.

Thats so cool Lorna! I've not heard of the show your watching, but I'm curious... Can you share a link to the tools?
I could use the help. ;o)

I hope you decide to join in!

I had the daycare of my grandson when he was 3 years old. He could watch all the kiddie shows on TV, but I insisted on watching "Simply Quilts" with Alex Anderson in the morning. I can still remember Zander calling to me in his little high voice "Grandma, Simply Quilts is on!"

Here they are. I used recycled paper (lots of envelopes - my fav) some are colored with marker. The tan is leftover wallpaper. I hope they are OK. I varied the border width and eliminated on some.

1_Quilts.jpg

Thank you Marie for a wonderful swap idea. I learned a lot about quilting. I may try piecing at some point but probably won't do a full quilt in the near future. It seems sooo big compared to our ATC size.

Lorna, I love them!!! Great set!!! I agree that I’m much more successful here with paper than when I try making full size quilts. ;-)
I’ve tried, but prefer cross-stitching crib size pre-quilted ones. I’m feeling inspired to try again though!!!

Before I discovered ATCs I was a quilt girl. Marie, have you ever watched Jenny Doan/Doak of Missouri Star Quilt Company, you can find the tutorials on Youtube and on their site. She has amazing ways of making up a quilt really quickly and easily. She uses pre-cuts (which they sell) but you can still cut your own. My favourite, if I need a 'quickie' is the disappearing 9 patch. It looks like tons of work but is so easy and you can use any size squares (as long as they are all the same). Just make a big 9 patch (I use mainly 5" squares) then cut it into quarters, rotate the bits and then put it back together again. It makes up really quickly.

Back
Top Bottom