Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Squares and Quilts !~Due March 31

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I found these very fiddly as well! It reminded me of why most of my quilts are mostly squares!

Here are photos (scanner is down again).

They are all four-patch: Tippacanoe and Tyler Too, Oh Susannah, Windows, Southern Belle and Pinwheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Marie thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, beautiful quilt squares zandradee! You’ve definitely added some new patterns too! You have a great eye for color and pattern combinations as well. Just wow! I’d love to see photos of your real quilts if you have any. :-)
    Now hosting In Costume!~ and ~ Build a HoLIdaY House with ATCís

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySi View Post
    Love seeing everyone's cards! I especially like Marie's fence rail and ann_stebbing's fabric cards

I agree it was tricky to piece the paper strips together! Maybe this is a fun alternative?
    https://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.c...er-quilt-card/
    I watched this video- it's a pretty great technique. Thx for posting it, Amy.
    This would be a great theme for a chunky swap. Hint hint hint!
    Bonnie
    ^ ^ One Can Never be Owned by Too Many Cats!!!
    >*<

5. Likes Mushu liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are mine ~ they were challenging!
    The Dresden Plate is the only real quilt square...the Pixelated Heart turned out to a rectangle.
    And the Pinwheel and DeNovo patterns ended up being little quilts...hope that is OK.

7. Likes katelnorth, BluSkyHare, AmySi liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are lovely mrubyjean! I did a couple of quilts too :-) I love your pixilated heart! And I’m always a sucker for a pinwheel quilt. Great work!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    AmySi, your beautiful creations arrived safely today. Very pretty!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive, mrubyjean! Beautiful colors and tiny pieces. Several of mine were mostly the envie liners, and they end up photographing very pastel looking. Bright crazy quilts coming next!

I love all yours too, zandradee
    Now Hosting: 1:1 Trading - Doll-Shaped "Dolls of the World" Cards ; Trash to Treasure #9. - I HAVE MOVED! BE SURE TO PM BEFORE MAILING ANYTHING.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - that was fast! I was just about to let you know I'd mailed 'em
    Check out my available ATCs and find me on instagram!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    :-) yep!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did find photos of my two most recent quilts. I should probably call them 'piecings' because I usually just use the tie-through method to join the layers. The rabbit is a wall-hanging for my mother, who collects rabbbits. The double-bed-size quilt is for my daughter. I made it for her at her request, when she went off to uni, to replace her baby quilt which she had snuggled into rags. The new quilt does have some leftover fabric from her original quilt. The floral border is leftover from a sundress I made her as a toddler.

I made all four of my kids quilts before they were born. And when I remade everyone's Christmas stockings (after the twins were born - I made them all smaller so we could fill them for less money!), I was able to use leftover baby quilt fabric in everyone's stocking, which is how we tell the stockings apart. And the twins' quilts each have bits of the same fabric as their big brother's and sister's quilts.

The coolest quilt I ever made is a big queen-size quilt made out of vintage handkerchiefs. I was very unhappy in my first marriage, and I bought a vintage handkerchief for every time my husband made me cry. I told myself that when I had enough to begin piecing, I would file for divorce, and that by the time I was finished with the project, the divorce would be final. And although it wasn't quite that simple, that is what happened.

14. Likes mrubyjean, BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE your stories and quilt pictures! The rabbit is darling. The vintage hankie story is sad and happy at the same time. Vintage hankies are beautiful, but so delicate. Did you interface the backs of them? I made a very fancy little wallhanging out of vintage hankies and lots of embellishments. Maybe, if Marie thinks it's OK, I will post some pics of my quilts here. I guess I am more of an art quilter than a traditional quilter. I have designed all my own quilts, drawing them out on graph paper. I haven't done it in so long I forgot what my scale was for measuring the little squares! I'd love to see some other quilts here!
    Now Hosting: 1:1 Trading - Doll-Shaped "Dolls of the World" Cards ; Trash to Treasure #9. - I HAVE MOVED! BE SURE TO PM BEFORE MAILING ANYTHING.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW zandradee! Talk about making lemonade! Your story is so poignant yet strong! Go you! I love your bunny quilt!!! So so much!! It’s a treasure! I don’t quilt — after several skewed attempts— but I have a fabulous story quilt my youngest daughter made me for Christmas a few years ago. I cross-stitch baby quilts and weave blankets... though I’m having better luck with PAPER quilts. ;-)

CiCi please do show your quilts!!! Yes!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 192466Attachment 192465Attachment 192467Attachment 192468

OK, so I had some time today (a week off next week, yay! means I've had such a lazy weekend - really lovely) and played around with these. To be honest, I'm not totally crazy about any of them except the log cabin, which I set on point and extended off the card, but they aren't terrible, I'm just not crazy about them. I think it's because I'm not a huge fan of pastels, though that paper seemed quite traditionally quilty.

However, I think they definitely qualify for this swap, so please sign me up. I'll get them in the post sometime this coming week.

(Anyone interested in seeing my actual quilts can follow the link to my blog, which is in my signature. I haven't made very many in the past year, but the gallery tabs across the top of the blog have a lot of my past quilts showing...)
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATCoins with Foreign Text Background, due 28 Jan 19
    My APC ad here

18. Thanks Marie thanked this post
    Likes electricdesigner, Marie, BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely katelnorth! I just spent a glorious hour perusing your blog katelnorth! Ahhhhh.... mini vacation! You all must really go. Welcome katelnorth! I’ll add you to the link st now. :-)

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful cards, Katelnorth!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my last three: "Windmill" from security envelope liners; and two crazy quilt designs, with Micron pen stitching.

22. Thanks Marie thanked this post
    Likes Marie, electricdesigner, mrubyjean liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love them CiCi! What is it about security liner pinwheels? I love making them too! Is that you I see peeking out of that crazy quilt?!? ;-) Great set!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay I’ve started over on this one TWICE. I’m calling it a night and hope to try fresh in a few days. It’s going to be pretty when I get it working... I think... ;-)

Living in COLORS !!

Bluesky is online now I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my cards.

26. Likes electricdesigner, mrubyjean liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Bluesky, those are so great! Favorites are the tree and the pinwheel that looks like a flower. Also love the directional arrows(I know I've seen that before, what is the name of that block?) Also, I don't remember ever seeing that beautiful green and yellow star block. What is that one called? You really rock at this!