Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: March 31
Signup/Withdraw Date: March 21
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: Paper collage / fabric / floss

Quilts Squares and Quilts!

For this swap we will be recreating our favorite quilt patterns and swapping squares, kind of like the ‘Friendship’ quilts of yesteryear. Collage may be papers of all sorts- i.e. scrapbook papers, envelope security liners, handmade, flocked or embossed papers, photo transfer, etc. NO HD/HP quilts but you may draw or paint your own papers to piece. You may also draw in top-stitching and quilting pattern lines if you wish. If you choose a knitted quilt –i.e. granny squares-- please use crochet thread or embroidery floss instead of yarn. Remember these quilts/squares need to fit in a sleeve and in most cases, an album. Cross stitch is welcome here also.

Okay so we all know that quilt squares are, well, SQUARE, and ATC’s are rectangular. How then, you might wonder, am I supposed to recreate a ‘square’ on an ATC? I wrestled with that question through three patterns before I discovered the simple answer. Top and bottom BORDERS.

Instead filling in the entire ATC with our quilt pattern, we will border the top and bottom of the card with half inch strips of coordinating papers or fabrics, just as if you were piecing a strip quilt together. We will not be adding side borders at this time as I could not figure that out.

You are free to use any known quilt pattern, or invent your own, but keep in mind that they should be mostly symmetrical unless you are making a crazy quilt. Crazy quilts may not require borders and may actually look better without them… so use your artist’s eye there.

Rules
- All quilt squares/quilts should be 2.5” x 3.5” and sturdy.
- All quilt squares/quilts should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- Send only your best work please... something you’d love to receive
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of or tucked in with your quilt.
- Keep quilts as flat as possible— 1/8th inch thick max--no large embellishments or beads.

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps in the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name in the sign up roster. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will imbed each name in the roster with a hyperlink to make this part easier. I will also leave iTrader as I receive your squares.

Examples:
These are some I made while planning out this swap. As soon as I get permission I’ll post some other peoples quilt squares as well. :-)

View attachment 191473 View attachment 192674

View attachment 191474

View attachment 191475

Quilting Circle:

0. Marie
1. catladybj Received :-)
2. Betsyg Received :-)
3. Mushu Received :-)
4. ann_stebbing Received :-)
5. CiCiCreates Received :-)
6. mrubyjean Received :-)
7. bitsysal49 Received :-)
8. akchick
9. BluSkyHare Received :-)
10. Lorna Received :-)
11. electricdesigner Received :-)
12. esew123 Received :-)
14. Bluesky Received :-)
15. barbsburnttree Received :-)
16. AmySi Received :-)
17. zandradee Received :-)
18. TrailRider Received :-)
19. Quilter2 Received :-)
20. Katelnorth Received :-)

Last edited:
We’ll catladybj, I think that’s a great idea! Glad to have you here. I’ll add you to the quilting circle right nowSuzi, enjoy your lurk... I’m lurking on a swap now too... with intent. You are welcome to join in whenever you want. :-)

Welcome Betsyg, I’ll add you right now. So glad you came! :-). I’d love it if you’d post some pics of the quilt squares you made for the Security Liner Swap in the thread. They’d be a great inspiration!

Last edited:
Welcome Mushu and Ann! Glad you came :-) I’ll add you to the quilting circle right now. I have a stack of quilting pattern books on my stairs right now that I’ve been going through ;-) It really is fun!

Oh hi CiCi! I didn’t see you there! I’ll add you to the quilting circle too :-) This is going to be fun \O/

As you are not limited to players, I'll just lurk for the time being until I'm sure I have time to play, but I'd definitely like to be in this one if I can!

Back
Top Bottom