MID-January PAT trash to treasure Due April 2, 2018

Media
Swap Due Date – April 2 , 2018
Swap Sign up Date – groups are full
Withdraw Date - None (once you choose your theme there is no changing groups/themes/apc card #s or withdrawing)
Number of Players - 5 groups of 5 players each since this is my first time hosting a PAT

To participate, you need to have a +15 itrader, no negatives in the past 6 months, no neutrals in the past 3 months.

The Important Basics:
- All ATCs & APCs should be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Please trim neat & straight!
- Please make them sturdy. Use upcyceled chipboard, note cards or playing cards
- If you use thick embellishments on your cards, please include a .21 stamp for each card to cover “non-machinable” to it’s new home. (please consider NOT using thick or bumpy embellishments for cards that I will have to mail internationally!! It can add a whole dollar to the postage!)
- Originals only - no copies or prints (prints meaning duplicates of original art).
- Please only send work you are proud of.
- Please write on the back of each card who the card is for and group number, your AFA nickname
- Late cards and/or no cards may result in a neutral or negative iTrader from the hostess and each group member.
*Please do not mail 3-4 days before the due date and expect them to be on time, this is inconsiderate to your fellow group players.
-Host cards are not required, but definitely appreciated and treasured!
Postage Requirements:

USA -I will supply RETURN ENVELOPES, I just need an address label, your address should be at least 1" x 2" (no return address labels, they're too small) and return postage.
1 group - .50 (forever) or .71 (recommended for collage)
2 groups- .71 or (recommended for collage) or two forever stamps.
I can also accept Paypal if you prefer that route. PM for Paypal details.

International -I will provide RETURN ENVELOPES Clearly write or type your address on a mailing label or piece of paper.

It cost me $1.15 to mail globally
I will take postage from your country, Whatever it would cost you to mail to me. I will use it in a swap hosted in AU or France or UK. Or where ever.
Or you can send the following.
1 group- $1 USD or US Forever Global Stamp, or Paypal $1.15
2 groups- $2 USD or 2 US Forever Global Stamp, or Paypal $2.30

Please PM or post in the thread if you need my address when you are ready to mail. I havent moved in 14 years.

When you receive your returns for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and for each member of your group.

~ Easy/Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images.

~ None of the themes will be challenging this time. Challenging – Themes that usually require research and printing out special images (for the collage/apc groups). Examples are characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort.

Please choose your theme within 48 hours (2 days) of signing up.

SEE actual lists and players in post #2.

Last edited:
Group 1. Hand drawn or Hand Painted easy themes on a security envelope background COMPLETE
1. CiCiCreates whimsical house R 4/6/18
2. sweetgypsy whimsical girl R 4/7/18
3. Marie whimsical child. R 4/6/18
4. yonawrites whimsical animal R 4/6/18
5. pschafe1 Whimsical angel R 4/7/18

Group 2. Zentangles Easy themes on a security envelope background Complete
1.ann_stebbing mushroom/toadstool outline. R 4/9/18
2. Mushu Hearts R 4/6/18
3. suzyq Fish R 4/5/18
4. pouringdiva Stars R 4/8/18
5. Annie Creators favorite patterns must Use RED somehow, somewhere R 4/10/18

Group 3. Cancelled postage stamps Easy themes FULL
1. dithespy Fish R 4/18/18
2.Wooper Flowers R 4/18/18
3. pouringdiva Famous women R 3/16/18
4. Allegrae nautical R 4/11/18
5. Fandanie Past Presidents R 4/18/18

Group 4. Open Medium: Apcs, handdrawn/hanpainted, zentangles, collage, fabric. Pick your trash, and your easy theme. Medium type is up to the creators. No digital, no photos. COMPLETE

1 JavaZarf paint chip trash - theme California poppies - any medium, hand drawn, zentangle, stamps, collage, etc. R 4/7/18
2. amyfaerie Theme Ravens, trash paint chips. R 4/15/18
3. sweetgypsy theme - person and a word or saying Trash - Paint chip R 4/6 /18
4. Allegrae Herbs & spices (theme), paint chips (trash) R 4/11/18
5. Amapola Trash Paint chips, Theme something "Depicting the name of the paint on your paint chip" R 4/10/18

Group 5. APC, pick your trash and Easy themes Examples make me an angel from trash, or use a teabag or tea tag.
FULL
1. dithespy Vintage person TRASH part of a paper bag? You could make it part of the background, paint, print, stamp on it. If it has already got writing on, so much the better
Player 2: 7 Hearts; P3: 8 Hearts; P4: 9 Hearts; P5: 10 Hearts R 4/18/18
2. smallgirl Theme and Trash: Woman on a cancelled postage stamp SMALLGIRL HAS A GOOD LINK ON HER PROFILE FOR IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS R 4/11/18
Player 1-King of diamonds, Player 2-me, Player 3-10 of spades, Player 4-10 of diamonds, Player 5-10 of clubs.
3. Katelnorth Crow/Raven deck. Please use magazine or newspaper text somewhere in your card (it can be actual words, which say something, or just attractive text as a background. I don't mind which.) it doesn't have to be in English!

Cards are: P1: 2 spades; p2: 3 spades; p3: me; p4: 5 spades; p5: 6 spades R 4/16/18
4. Beckster R 3/26
Theme: Halloween
Trash: Candy wrapper
Cards: P1:3 spades, P2:4 spades, P3:5 spades, P5:6 spades

5. ann_stebbing
Trash - used postage stamp. Theme, flowers.

All hearts suit: P1 - 3, P2 - 4, P3 - 6, P4 - 8. R 4/9/18

Last edited:
Could I join Group 3 - Cancelled postage Stamps - Fish

If you decide to do an APC group, I'd join that too.

the answer to my question is probably obvious
but ..............
trash to treasure - we are using our own trash for each group?
Like kleenex box is the trash?

My question repeats Javazarf's - where does the "trash" come in? Also, on group 1, hand-drawn on a security envelope liner, is just the background the liner, or do we collage other shapes on from other liners? (But then it wouldn't be hand-drawn, it would be collage, right?). Sorry for my confusion, just want to get it right!

Group 2 please - mushroom/toadstool outline.

Can I just ask a question. As these are on security liners would you expect to see added colour as well, or just shading?

I would suggest if you want coloring you post that as part of the theme. Or post either is fine. Dont tell anyone but I am not a zentangler. I never got very good at it.

the answer to my question is probably obvious
but ..............
trash to treasure - we are using our own trash for each group?
Like kleenex box is the trash?

Yes, you are using your own trash to create whatever theme to other players suggest.

So for a tissue box, players could say , a dog, a cat, teapots, and you would use your own saved tissue box trash to make the card.

My question repeats Javazarf's - where does the "trash" come in? Also, on group 1, hand-drawn on a security envelope liner, is just the background the liner, or do we collage other shapes on from other liners? (But then it wouldn't be hand-drawn, it would be collage, right?). Sorry for my confusion, just want to get it right!

Hand drawn and I need to add Hand Painted HD/HP on a security liner envelope that you saved from the trash.

No other collage would be expected or wanted, so just think of it as the hand drawn category but you must draw on the security envelope which I think might really add something to the art.

So I'm just making sure, for the used postage stamp group: can I draw and paint on the card also as long as I use postage stamp on the ATC?

Castle Queen - this sounds like a fun idea (if a bit complicated for you to work out all the rules to!) - I think I would like a place in the APC Group - not sure what theme I want yet or what trash; I will get back to you later once I check out my APC lists to see what would suit best. Will let you know what cards at that point as well.

Back
Top Bottom