MID-January PAT trash to treasure Due April 2, 2018

Something to keep you busy

Check out these fun ideas for upcycling glass:

1. Mirrors and ceramics can’t be recycled because of the chemical coatings used on their surfaces, but they can be broken down and used to create beautiful decorative mosaics.

2. Candle jars, especially those with lids, don’t belong in the recycle container, but they can be used to creatively and attractively store small items like buttons, notions, and other craft items, or bathroom knick-knacks.

3. Baby food jars are recyclable curbside, but they also make great containers for holding all kinds of things around the house. You can make them into cute vases, or handy spice holders or make an easily accessible storage wall for everyday items in the bathroom.

4. Wine bottles can go in the recycle, but they can also be used in the home for all kinds of décor. Check out this darling wine bottle decoupage vase idea. Or try your hand at making a wine-bottle bird feeder.

5. Keep some of your food jars and mason jars for decorative storage, keepsakes, and terrariums, and recycle the rest.

Upcycling durable glass items is a great way to have some fun and personalize your space while giving these products new life.

Recycling what container glass you don’t use in projects helps manufacturers use less energy than making new glass from scratch. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, 90 percent of recycled container glass is used to make new containers. Recycled glass is also used in kitchen tiles, countertops, and even wall insulation.

Mine are already in the mail....here they are:

GROUP 1

whimsical house for CiCiCreates
whimsical girl for sweetgypsy
whimsical child for Marie
whimsical angel for pschafe1
zebra with wings HOSTIE for CastleQueen5

I gather my cards are not there yet. Do you get mail during the Easter at all, I wonder? Here in Finland the next delivery day is next Tuesday and if yours is the same, my cards have already missed the deadline. I am sorry.

Easter is on a Sunday every year and we dont get mail on Sunday anyway. BUT things have changed and they now deliver Priority packages on a Sunday.

No other days are off for the PO around Easter or any other religious holiday except Christmas and Thanksgiving if you consider that a religious holiday. It is more being thankful and overeating good food.

Back
Top Bottom