Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old MacDonald Had a Farm - Due date April 2

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ5, hope your hubby's 1st day goes smoothly! All the best.
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The day went well, I took the ipad and could connect to the internet. It was a long day, not comfortable, and we had to go buy a lunch for all us. No meals provided. They did give him bottled water. He got chemo and some tests every few hours to test how he metabolized the chemo, so they can decide the level of chemo they start on Friday.

He also had a blood sugar of 405, and it only went down to the 300s, they gave him insulin. He has had trouble before with it going high, he wasnt officially diabetic but since the blood cancer he has had weird results from time to time. They said the steroids he is on can do that.

So we are home. Cearra, my 19 year old and I went to caregivers class while we were waiting. We are certified.

We learned a lot and we need to do some cleaning and change some things before he comes home in 3 to 6 weeks. Buy a new can opener. Buy lots of paper towels. Buy purified bottled water. Make Ice from bottle water not ice from the freezer. Train my dog to not sleep with me, cats too. They can not chill on my bed anymore during the day. BUY a vacuum. I dont own one. I dont have any carpet. BUT I need to vacuum the couches, beds and chairs. DUST the hell out of my house. BOx up all the nick nacks. Buy new shower curtain liners, and wash the all the curtains in my house. Buy a slip proof mat for the bathroom You would think I would have that already but no.

Ok I have at least 4 weeks, day by day, step by step. I am so looking forward to boxing up all this dust gather junk. I might not ever un box it.

Thanks for listening.

3. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now for the reason I came here. Ok it appears while I was gone the computer got mad at the phone and wont talk to it anymore. I am sure they will make up and all will be fine soon.

So I posted my photos to flickr.

Ok so what does the cat say? Tongue in cheek. (not sure I will sent this one, but I love it)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/383660...posted-public/

5. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Suzi, nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am mailing tomorrow. I realize one rooster and the cat really dont SAY that. But I liked the idea.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ5 - I love your cards - that cat is so cute; I hope you include it. I would love to receive one of your cards - they are all wonderful!

Re: all the work you have to do to get your house ready for your husband's return - must seem overwhelming, but you've got the right idea - 1 step at a time. I think the hardest part will be keeping your cats and dog out of your room. That will probably be hard on all of you! I have a friend who bought an air purifier and says it removes all kinds of dust and cat hair (she had 3 cats) from the air. Just a thought.

Wish we could all lend you a hand so the task wouldn't be so daunting. So wonderful that your daughter is helping.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a baby gate up on my bedroom door, to keep the dogs out. Hubby forgets to close the door, but the cats can jump right over it. They like to go in there cause the dogs cant.

One dog is my Breast buddy, she was my cancer dog. She had breast cancer just like me. So she was my companion dog when I was recovering in 2015, and we let her sleep with us. Just a tiny cheweenie, Mostly dachshund, but some parts chihahua. She is pretty old, I got her when she was 8, so she will be 11 this year.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    I have a baby gate up on my bedroom door, to keep the dogs out. Hubby forgets to close the door, but the cats can jump right over it. They like to go in there cause the dogs cant.

One dog is my Breast buddy, she was my cancer dog. She had breast cancer just like me. So she was my companion dog when I was recovering in 2015, and we let her sleep with us. Just a tiny cheweenie, Mostly dachshund, but some parts chihahua. She is pretty old, I got her when she was 8, so she will be 11 this year.
    You and I must have been going through treatment for breast cancer at the same time (breast cancer diagnosed in March 2015) - 3 years cancer free (just had my 3rd annual mammogram and they gave me the all clear; so relieved, as I always get anxious when it's time for my mammograms).

That is so nice that you had your little cheweenie during your recovery. I had my 3 cats (one has since passed away - he was almost 17 years old and had suffered from chronic pancreatitis for several years - treated with drugs and special vet-prescribed food...and I had my darling granddaughter, Emma, who is the joy of my life and keeps me going.

It sounds like you have a very close, loving family. That's such a blessing!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES< mine was diagnosed on a Thursday in March, the 12 ! What a day! I had my mastectomy April 23, a Thursday. They finally sent me home Saturday the 26th cause I just couldnt take anymore of their bad care. I ended back in there the next Tuesday, with a Saddle pulmonary embolism. Their fault for the DVT and PE. Glad to be alive!!! Never sued them cause I am glad to be alive. Bad Hospital. We will never go back there.

I got my last surgery performed DEC 30, 2015 so that I would not have a surgery in 2016.

15. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ5, your cards are wonderful. I look forward to seeing them.

You have your work cut out getting everything ready for your hubby coming home. I didn't realize there are so many precautions involved. Best of luck keeping the bedroom cat free. They are determined and resourceful blighters!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanvan and CQ5 - you never seem to forget those dates -I can quote you all mine from 2010. We are all survivors!

CQ5 - congratulations on your carer qualification. I am with you about never unpacking the dust catchers. Dusting has to be my least liked chore - all you have to do is turn your back and it all settles back again.
    I hope the results from yesterday mean that your husband can have the lowest dose course of chemo or the shortest duration. I have my fingers crossed for minimal side effects which are bearable.
    I love your cards - that rooster die cut is gorgeous!

So many other great cards shown in the thread as I caught up - the bar has been set high. My cards went in the mail today.
    I think my sheep definitely has an attitude problem and I think my goat is stoned (the swirly background helps that effect).
    I have a new address from the end of June - ROBINA.
    Now hosting:

18. Likes CastleQueen5, nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOooh! Donnacr - I LOVE THOSE. I hope Di asks me to help her swap out, coz I'll definitely have my eye on one (hint, hint). What a clever idea. Just gotta try one some time and see if I can work out how you did them.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What fabulous cards, Donnacr! I think I'll let Ann help swap out - she deserves it!

21. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are really very simple - the pig is probably the easiest, with the goat being the most complicated but the sheep the most time consuming. In my Gallery I always list the website that I have purchased the patterns from. They are a set of 3 sites interconnected but with different emphasis - very worth having a look.
    I have a new address from the end of June - ROBINA.
    Now hosting:

23. Thanks dithespy thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I said I was lurking, but I may not be able to play unfortunately! Thanks anyways!
    Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape. As practice, you need to start out believing the little lies. ~ Death, Hogfather

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind, Ladyshadows. Maybe next time.

Nanvan, your lovely cards have arrived.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am mailing today. I need to find out to make cards like that Donnacr. I can do those while I am up at the hospital for the next month. I need to find some patterns.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I also wanted to mention that I am on bookmooch. So I mooched 2 quilling, Not quilting, you know Quilling art books for making cards. greeting cards, but I am sure I can make them work for atcs.

I know Donnacr has done some quilling art.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo waves enthusiastically. Please sign me up.
    Will work for chocolate.